Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 4/27/2020 at 11:15 PM, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

If you use the launcher and add the it as a non Steam game, then go into Big Picture mode, and UNCHECK the controller, it should work without being in Big Picture mode.

At least, that's what I have found, whilst using an XBOX type controller.

Which is good because BP mode is the worst thing ever...

I used the launcher and added it to steam as a non steam game but it doesn’t start the game when I click play from steam? Maybe I added it wrong or are there some other setting I need to change so it launches the game from steam? 

4 minutes ago, 8 Ball said:

I used the launcher and added it to steam as a non steam game but it doesn’t start the game when I click play from steam? Maybe I added it wrong or are there some other setting I need to change so it launches the game from steam? 

If you are using the 7D2D launcher (to be clear, the one that you can d/l mods with, not the vanilla one), you should be using it to launch the game and not through Steam.

1 minute ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

If you are using the 7D2D launcher (to be clear, the one that you can d/l mods with, not the vanilla one), you should be using it to launch the game and not through Steam.

Yeah I have been so I just open steam to big picture mode, uncheck the controller, then go back to the 7d2d launcher and launch the game and the controller should work? 

5 minutes ago, 8 Ball said:

Yeah I have been so I just open steam to big picture mode, uncheck the controller, then go back to the 7d2d launcher and launch the game and the controller should work? 

Correct, when the main menu starts up, and you have movement with the analog sticks you'll be good to go, however, if there is still an issue let me know.

Edit: Also after unchecking the controller, make sure to exit BP mode, in case I forgot to mention earlier.

Edited by Pra3t0r 0f R0m3
Addition (see edit history)

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:
On 4/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, xxx73 said:

I just started adding mods to this mod, but I noticed that the exp popup is gone, this make it hard to balance certain mods. Is it a way I can restore exp popup from my actions?

7 Days to Die/Mods/0-SphereIICore/Config/blocks.xml

Find this.

<property name="DisableXPIconNotification" value="true" />

Thanks again for great mod support, keep up the amazing work :D

3 hours ago, Bacon Overlord said:

What are you talking about?

We're talking about War3zuk's HD weapons and ammo.

Are you?  :)

Thanks for the response though.

Must have missed reading your quote, it was really late for me. Was just going to bed. Does still fit, as to why would you add it to DF. Only modlet I add is lootable shelves/items.

I am having issue today loading the game, started a new game using the darkness falls large map, it gets to loading world and a little box pops up like it is installed then the game closes back to the launcher.  I deleted and reinstalled the mod again, and still same issue, i went to check modlets, and I see one "Spherell's Core Class Mod (required) shows it needs to be updated.  I have clicked on the update file several times and it acts like it updates, but the modlet i still showing as update on the box where rest have Enabled???

You don't need to update anything in the launcher. Doing so cold break something.

It sounds like you either don't have enough RAM (unity crash box popping up) or it's a bad download. Try playing navezgane (I edited it to work on DF). If that works, try one of the small maps. If those work, then it's a RAM issue.

If none of those work, try re-downloading the mod from the mirror. There's a checkbox on the launcher.

7 hours ago, Troyballs said:

I'm having a problem with my mechanic quest in df mod. I completed quest 1 but it didn't give me quest 2. I was wondering if you could help me out?

Have you pressed "O" and looked in your quest log to see if its in there, but not the primary quest? It should be there. Just trying to help

I have a question about health/stamina in this mod.  I just started playing DF this last week and I've been having a problem with health/stamina.  I start with a 100/100 max on both pools.  By the end of the first day I was down to 85/85 in both and the standard food/water/bandage/pain killer solution from vanilla didn't seem to work.  I have over 500 hours in vanilla so I know the basics of how health/stamina work in vanilla.  I had no deaths and wasn't hungry or thirsty.  By the end of the third day I was down to 53 max in both.  I used the health nut perk to bring them up into the 70's but then it started to decline again.  I even cheated in some higher end food and drink to see if that would help, but there was no difference.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I keep health and stamina up where it should be?  With the perk I thought they should have 120ish max.  I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but I'm at a loss to figure it out at this point.

1 hour ago, ColdSword said:

Have you pressed "O" and looked in your quest log to see if its in there, but not the primary quest? It should be there. Just trying to help

I have looked under my quest log and mechanic quest 1 was completed day 1 but there is no mechanic quest 2 in the log.

5 hours ago, Sprocket66 said:

I have a question about health/stamina in this mod.  I just started playing DF this last week and I've been having a problem with health/stamina.  I start with a 100/100 max on both pools.  By the end of the first day I was down to 85/85 in both and the standard food/water/bandage/pain killer solution from vanilla didn't seem to work.  I have over 500 hours in vanilla so I know the basics of how health/stamina work in vanilla.  I had no deaths and wasn't hungry or thirsty.  By the end of the third day I was down to 53 max in both.  I used the health nut perk to bring them up into the 70's but then it started to decline again.  I even cheated in some higher end food and drink to see if that would help, but there was no difference.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I keep health and stamina up where it should be?  With the perk I thought they should have 120ish max.  I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but I'm at a loss to figure it out at this point.

DF reinstates the "Wellness" stat from Alpha 16. Read the Wellness entry in your Journal for more info.

Thanks, but that still doesn't seem to be working.  Even with a stack of meat stew and purified water and a ton of bandages it doesn't seem to be moving any stats up.  With health nut I got things up to 85, but now they say 85 of 85 on stats.  

<edit> Strange, added another point of health nut and that seemed to unstick it.  Still not where it should be but at least it's playable now.  Thanks for the help.

14 hours ago, Troyballs said:

I'm having a problem with my mechanic quest in df mod. I completed quest 1 but it didn't give me quest 2. I was wondering if you could help me out?

Press F1 to open the console.

Type this.

givequest quest_classtrainingmechanic2

Just now, Sprocket66 said:

Thanks, but that still doesn't seem to be working.  Even with a stack of meat stew and purified water and a ton of bandages it doesn't seem to be moving any stats up.  With health nut I got things up to 85, but now they say 85 of 85 on stats.  

<edit> Strange, added another point of health nut and that seemed to unstick it.  Still not where it should be but at least it's playable now.  Thanks for the help.

You can't just chain-chug water/food to raise your wellness, and thus max health/stamina. You have to wait for the buff to expire.

You can't just chain-chug water/food to raise your wellness, and thus max health/stamina. You have to wait for the buff to expire.

I think that's what I was doing wrong.  I kept downing the food and water, going through all my supplies.

Yep, that'll do it.

When you eat/drink, you'll get either an average/good food or average/good drink buff. They actually give you a small health regen (like healing factor in vanilla).

While the buff is active, you CANNOT gain wellness.

So you could eat an average food, and a good food, and an average drink, and a good drink AND take vitamins and those would all stack. But then you need to wait for the buffs to expire before you can do it again. :)

Quick question if it was answered somewhere else sorry i couldn't find it. My question is, is 51 the max lvl for craftable power armor? i am lvl 175 have competitionist and max lvl on all craftings and future tech and i am only able to craft 51 armor.  In the future tech perk tree it says "technology crafting 5/5: Crafting tier : 60 for future technology"  i can craft 71 laser multi-tools and swords.  thank you for creating and actively working on this mod pack keep up the good job. **this is my first full play through of the mod pack**

Edited by WarAKd (see edit history)

1 hour ago, scubahalo said:

Thanks! Also, the localization for the Trader Faction Books is missing for me, too. This is 18.4 Experimental downloaded from GitLab.

All the trader faction books are missing localization on experiemental, cos i'm lazy. ;)

Just now, WarAKd said:

Quick question if it was answered somewhere else sorry i couldn't find it. My question is, is 51 the max lvl for craftable power armor? i am lvl 175 have competitionist and max lvl on all craftings and future tech and i am only able to craft 51 armor.  In the future tech perk tree it says "technology crafting 5/5: Crafting tier : 60 for future technology"  i can craft 71 laser multi-tools and swords.  thank you for creating and actively working on this mod pack keep up the good job.

Yes due to a bug. You can combine them in the laser workbench to get up to 80

On 5/1/2020 at 1:45 PM, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Correct, when the main menu starts up, and you have movement with the analog sticks you'll be good to go, however, if there is still an issue let me know.

Edit: Also after unchecking the controller, make sure to exit BP mode, in case I forgot to mention earlier.

What do you mean uncheck the controller?  For some reason I don’t have that option. See pictures for examples. 

9D03782D-3C12-4EE0-8D1E-3D403AF3BCC2.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by 8 Ball (see edit history)