Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


KhaineGB

Recommended Posts

On 5/12/2020 at 12:25 AM, KhaineGB said:

Yep, exact same error. Which is odd because I don't include an edited biomes.png for nav.

If you copy the one from your steam folder (steam/steamapps/common/7 days to die/data/worlds/navezgane) to the mod folder (7D2D/Alpha18/Darkness_Falls/Darkness_Falls/data/worlds/navezgane in your case going by the log file) and overwrite, that SHOULD fix it.

Honestly, I think a lot of these issues can be fixed by a new gitlab repo, but I don't see the point in making a new one now when madmole says we'll have A19 in summer. ;)

So will we have something to forward to? An update with the update?(obviously not the same day as A19)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I downloaded the 7D2D Mod Launcher and followed the directions on how to install mods. I installed the Darkness Falls and launched the game. All seemed to work fine until I got to the "Initializing World" screen. An error pops up that reads:

DividebyZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero. 

 

At this point the game just hangs and I have to End Task to get out. 

 

Note that I uninstalled 7D2D, reinstalled it, and still had the same issue. I tried using the Download from Steam option as well and still had no luck. 

 

Any ideas? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jms88 said:

I downloaded the 7D2D Mod Launcher and followed the directions on how to install mods. I installed the Darkness Falls and launched the game. All seemed to work fine until I got to the "Initializing World" screen. An error pops up that reads:

DividebyZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero. 

 

At this point the game just hangs and I have to End Task to get out. 

 

Note that I uninstalled 7D2D, reinstalled it, and still had the same issue. I tried using the Download from Steam option as well and still had no luck. 

 

Any ideas? 

I just installed this mod today, and everything is working for me.

 

What map are you using? I had this same issue if I use the Navezgane, however, I changed to use the DarknessFall map, it works perfectly. Try to switch to darkness fall map instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Fox2010 said:

Hi - Im new to this mod - question about arrows - they cannot be taken back in 100% - Why is that so and is there any quick possibility to fix it on my PC for my single use? Thanks

Because arrows getting stuck in non-vanilla entities (like the cows, sheep, goats, hornets, behemoths) means they look like they've been shot with a tomahawk missing.

Arrows are easy to make anyway since you can make them with cloth instead of feathers.

 

11 hours ago, jms88 said:

I downloaded the 7D2D Mod Launcher and followed the directions on how to install mods. I installed the Darkness Falls and launched the game. All seemed to work fine until I got to the "Initializing World" screen. An error pops up that reads:

DividebyZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero. 

 

At this point the game just hangs and I have to End Task to get out. 

 

Note that I uninstalled 7D2D, reinstalled it, and still had the same issue. I tried using the Download from Steam option as well and still had no luck. 

 

Any ideas? 

You have a corrupt biomes.png, Which for some reason is happening to folks playing navezgane and I have no idea why since I don't include that file in the mod.

If you're playing nav, there's a post on the last page explaining how to copy the biomes file from the vanilla install to the mod install and fix it.

Or just manually install the mod since it pretty much stops all of the errors folks are reporting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Because arrows getting stuck in non-vanilla entities (like the cows, sheep, goats, hornets, behemoths) means they look like they've been shot with a tomahawk missing.

Arrows are easy to make anyway since you can make them with cloth instead of feathers.

 

You have a corrupt biomes.png, Which for some reason is happening to folks playing navezgane and I have no idea why since I don't include that file in the mod.

If you're playing nav, there's a post on the last page explaining how to copy the biomes file from the vanilla install to the mod install and fix it.

Or just manually install the mod since it pretty much stops all of the errors folks are reporting.

Could you please tell me where can i find arrow mechanic in game for id like to try picking up casings on shoots - i think its same things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the mod as is, guessing I'm about 700 hrs in, lvl 250, completionist. and still learning as there is so much to see and do, medium map.  I have zero programming skills, but do have some ideas that may or may not be practical or possible with the available technology. Things I think would be cool are 1. auto inventory, you have slots in your inventory that are locked,  anything else goes your storage which you can access as well as  can your crafting stations. you hit the button to move it in like the baskets above the inventory. seems like the traders window operates in a similar way. yes I am old and lazy. 2. Filling clay pots w/ sap is a chore, a one button "fill all the clay pots in my inventory" button would sure make gathering sap a whole lot easier. and, 3. get rid of the level cap. I like getting experience and skill points, why have a limit. also I'm at 250 and still have skills to max out. doing that by scrapping to get the notes isn't as fun to me. I put zillions of hrs into all the borderlands series and always hated when the XP stops. ok, back to bingo and shuffleboard w/ the rest of the old people. thanks for the mod. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious, I saw a mod from way back A14/15/16-ish which went about giving the cross hairs some color...

I'm not so concerned about those as much, as I have cross hairs disabled when aiming, however a colored reticle...now that's what I'm after.

Something a little more contrasting than that grey scale looking mess lol.

Is there a way to accomplish that easily?

 

Someone on a forum pointed to the xui, but I had a look, and couldn't find anything related, unless it's under a different name.

Also, the mod in question had entries in the item_modifiers, which again, I don't see a reticle entry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2020 at 1:04 AM, oldguy67 said:

I love the mod as is, guessing I'm about 700 hrs in, lvl 250, completionist. and still learning as there is so much to see and do, medium map.  I have zero programming skills, but do have some ideas that may or may not be practical or possible with the available technology. Things I think would be cool are 1. auto inventory, you have slots in your inventory that are locked,  anything else goes your storage which you can access as well as  can your crafting stations. you hit the button to move it in like the baskets above the inventory. seems like the traders window operates in a similar way. yes I am old and lazy. 2. Filling clay pots w/ sap is a chore, a one button "fill all the clay pots in my inventory" button would sure make gathering sap a whole lot easier. and, 3. get rid of the level cap. I like getting experience and skill points, why have a limit. also I'm at 250 and still have skills to max out. doing that by scrapping to get the notes isn't as fun to me. I put zillions of hrs into all the borderlands series and always hated when the XP stops. ok, back to bingo and shuffleboard w/ the rest of the old people. thanks for the mod. 

I see the forums still posts "pending" posts late and then make me look like a jerk when it seems I ignored it. Thanks forums.

1) You already have that. The number with arrows next to it in your backpack locks slots, starting at the top. You can use that to lock slots and then just hit the "stash all" button. Having crafting stations access your storage is STUPIDLY hard and absolutely not something i'm going to look into.
2) You can fill the clay bowls a stack at a time from your hotbar. So that's 15 with 1 click.
3) Nope. The point is to make you work for the remainder of the skill points. I don't want people to just grind levels to unlock everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I see the forums still posts "pending" posts late and then make me look like a jerk when it seems I ignored it. Thanks forums.

1) You already have that. The number with arrows next to it in your backpack locks slots, starting at the top. You can use that to lock slots and then just hit the "stash all" button. Having crafting stations access your storage is STUPIDLY hard and absolutely not something i'm going to look into.
2) You can fill the clay bowls a stack at a time from your hotbar. So that's 15 with 1 click.
3) Nope. The point is to make you work for the remainder of the skill points. I don't want people to just grind levels to unlock everything.

No. The user posted this in the wrong place first and the post had to be moved

 

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I'll look closer at my backpack. took me probably 300 hrs before learning you could put amount values in the crafting menu instead of clicking X amount of times w/ the mouse.

 

 i know about filling clay pots stacks 15 at a time, but I'm usually filling a whole inventory worth so it's load the hot bar fill all the clay pots 1 stack at a time, move those out of the hot bar, toolbelt, whatever, move X amount of 15 empty stacks to the hot bar, fill, rinse and repeat. i was making glue for duct tape for electrical parts to make energy cells. i guess an alternative would be to just salvage electrical parts instead of crafting them.

 

roger that on inventory. fair enough,  thought it would be nice not to deal with all the storage/sorting/retrieving/ hassle. had no idea how much work it would be. a man can dream!

 

 as far as where the post was placed. i put it in one forum, they said come here, then it go moved back to there i think. i'm not in a hurry or feel like I'm being ignored, actually I'm impressed by how quickly you fix problems, at least the one i had w/ the console popping open in the frozen biomes.

 

thanks again for all the work making the mod. definitely icing on the cake after vanilla.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i must be missing something. i cant find any number and arrows. i'm assuming the backpack=inventory. i have a backpack icon that sorts everything in the top left of my inventory screen in the crafting window. on the right of the screen is my money icon and amount. i've got the large backpack and tactical rigging and that's all i see ATM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping for some help. Normally in Vanilla 7dtd to upgrade a wooden frame i right click with stone axe and have wood in backpack. This isn't the case in this mod. Care to share how to do it ? The labourer class quest text doesn't explain it.

 

Do i need a claw hammer ?

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

using the mod launcher which worked fine yesterday, i hit pre-synch/ done/ play mod/ and i get the normal TFP screen, but then it slows and i get intermittent windows rotating busy circles which never occurred before. get to the game select screen eventually, select my DF playthrough and the loading data message comes up, as does the busy circle at times. i get to initialize world, intermittent busy circles and finally the console window opens and shows the error message. it will do the same if i try and load my other vanilla playthrough also. verified game files in steam properties, 136 files were reloaded, steam vanilla starts fine right where i left off.2020444871_darknessfallserror.thumb.PNG.2d7d7e6fa621107cd0d9517f1d599e8d.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI everyone,

 

After a long hiatus, I've come back to play some Darnkess Falls. I've seen many interesting changes, but there's one thing that I believe might be a bug? I died several times in a row (to the point where I got to wait 2h to get rid of the debuff) and when the debuff was finally over...my HP and my Stamina stayed at 60 (I'm level 20) and I guess it should be over 100, right? is this a bug or intended? anyway, in case it's a bug, to get rid of it?

 

thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Henky said:

HI everyone,

 

After a long hiatus, I've come back to play some Darnkess Falls. I've seen many interesting changes, but there's one thing that I believe might be a bug? I died several times in a row (to the point where I got to wait 2h to get rid of the debuff) and when the debuff was finally over...my HP and my Stamina stayed at 60 (I'm level 20) and I guess it should be over 100, right? is this a bug or intended? anyway, in case it's a bug, to get rid of it?

 

thanks!

Not bug, its its Wellness. Bring it back up with good food/drink, and you can't spam it. Need to wait for buff to disappear before it will go up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finding titanium in the wastelands? I am playing on the DF small map and it's extremely hard to even find rocks in all the clutter in the wastelands and then when you do find a rock that has titanium when you hit it there is nothing below it.  I found a few after searching for hours and i dug deep holes all around them with nothing.  I turned on debug mode and flew around underneath and there was titanium on the map but not under the rocks and just in random spots.  Is this just the way it is?  I didn't have this issue on a game on one of the medium maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, a group of 5 of us have been really enjoying our first run through your mod. We're all fairly seasoned 7DtD players, and wanted something new. Initially, just for the challenge, I set the Max Spawned Zed to 70 or so, and the BM Spawn Per Player to about 40. The physical server is less than a year old, has pretty high specs, and is running 1 VM with our 7DtD game on it (Along with our 1k Science/Minute Factorio game). The server is hosted in my personal data center (I own an Internet hosting business, so I have that luxury)

And then we hit a frustrating lag issue when all 5 of us were on at one time right before the BM Horde. Turrets would take forever and a day to open, Junk Turrets would disappear when placed down, players would appear to be walking in place, and no zombies showed up. 

Thinking that it was a multiplier effect from 5 people on, I scaled the BM Spawn/Player setting down to 16. It happened again last night, too. So I changed it to 8 during the several restarts that we did trying to get through our horde night. Still happened. 

The lag always starts at around 18.00 or so. Restarting the server (even completely at the physical level) causes it to work very briefly, then it all happens again as the 5 of us start to log back on. Running the BM Night with 2 players seems to work just fine; 3 has generally been fine as well. 4 players is probably going to be an issue, and 5 is right out.

Once the delay starts, the logs start getting spammed with messages of Steamworks.Net NET: Received package from an unconnected client [SteamID]. Not the most helpful of error messages.

There are currently no disabled protocols in the serverconfig.xml. Most of us have issues connecting when Steamworks is disabled, per default setting, despite the server being public facing. Day count is currently at 158; party game stage is somewhere around 1300 or so. (Yay, incubi!)

It's worth noting that never had this issue with vanilla 18.4 even on this virtual server, so I assume something else is going on.

Edited by Raist (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Raist said:

So, a group of 5 of us have been really enjoying our first run through your mod. We're all fairly seasoned 7DtD players, and wanted something new. Initially, just for the challenge, I set the Max Spawned Zed to 70 or so, and the BM Spawn Per Player to about 40. The physical server is less than a year old, has pretty high specs, and is running 1 VM with our 7DtD game on it (Along with our 1k Science/Minute Factorio game). The server is hosted in my personal data center (I own an Internet hosting business, so I have that luxury)

And then we hit a frustrating lag issue when all 5 of us were on at one time right before the BM Horde. Turrets would take forever and a day to open, Junk Turrets would disappear when placed down, players would appear to be walking in place, and no zombies showed up. 

Thinking that it was a multiplier effect from 5 people on, I scaled the BM Spawn/Player setting down to 16. It happened again last night, too. So I changed it to 8 during the several restarts that we did trying to get through our horde night. Still happened. 

The lag always starts at around 18.00 or so. Restarting the server (even completely at the physical level) causes it to work very briefly, then it all happens again as the 5 of us start to log back on. Running the BM Night with 2 players seems to work just fine; 3 has generally been fine as well. 4 players is probably going to be an issue, and 5 is right out.

Once the delay starts, the logs start getting spammed with messages of Steamworks.Net NET: Received package from an unconnected client [SteamID]. Not the most helpful of error messages.

There are currently no disabled protocols in the serverconfig.xml. Most of us have issues connecting when Steamworks is disabled, per default setting, despite the server being public facing. Day count is currently at 158; party game stage is somewhere around 1300 or so. (Yay, incubi!)

It's worth noting that never had this issue with vanilla 18.4 even on this virtual server, so I assume something else is going on.

My assumption is that it's likely RAM related, because the mod does use more RAM on both client and server.

I also remember having this issue in A17, but that's because my CPU was running in power saving mode.

9 hours ago, Varzii said:

Finding titanium in the wastelands? I am playing on the DF small map and it's extremely hard to even find rocks in all the clutter in the wastelands and then when you do find a rock that has titanium when you hit it there is nothing below it.  I found a few after searching for hours and i dug deep holes all around them with nothing.  I turned on debug mode and flew around underneath and there was titanium on the map but not under the rocks and just in random spots.  Is this just the way it is?  I didn't have this issue on a game on one of the medium maps.

Updated version I put out last night (and then passed out and forgot to post about it) should fix that. There's less rocks, but rocks now definitely have resources under them.

11 hours ago, Henky said:

HI everyone,

 

After a long hiatus, I've come back to play some Darnkess Falls. I've seen many interesting changes, but there's one thing that I believe might be a bug? I died several times in a row (to the point where I got to wait 2h to get rid of the debuff) and when the debuff was finally over...my HP and my Stamina stayed at 60 (I'm level 20) and I guess it should be over 100, right? is this a bug or intended? anyway, in case it's a bug, to get rid of it?

 

thanks!

That's wellness. I saw someone explained what was going on with that though.

11 hours ago, oldguy67 said:

using the mod launcher which worked fine yesterday, i hit pre-synch/ done/ play mod/ and i get the normal TFP screen, but then it slows and i get intermittent windows rotating busy circles which never occurred before. get to the game select screen eventually, select my DF playthrough and the loading data message comes up, as does the busy circle at times. i get to initialize world, intermittent busy circles and finally the console window opens and shows the error message. it will do the same if i try and load my other vanilla playthrough also. verified game files in steam properties, 136 files were reloaded, steam vanilla starts fine right where i left off.2020444871_darknessfallserror.thumb.PNG.2d7d7e6fa621107cd0d9517f1d599e8d.PNG

I honestly have no idea what's going on with that. It's like it's randomly killing world files and I don't understand why at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...