Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Having issues getting past these errors,

https://imgur.com/A4fREZR

dsdsdsds.jpg.83d17d3506f16a603a09a5799eea5984.jpg

' ERR Loading prefab " Settlement_trader 1-5" Failed Block "DFSpawn Guard male / female " used in prefab unknown

Any suggestions? this is happeneing on all Darkness Fall severs i try to connect to.

I have done a fresh re-install ---- ( I am Using 18.4 Stable // Steam version is set to NONE-Opt Out )

have tried almsot everything including editing XMLs.

Any help would be lovely! :)

dsdsdsds.jpg.50261132ad76caea22c69d3e3438a9dd.jpg

I can't even get this to start.

I have a fresh install of the server, it runs before I add this mod.

I add the mod (directories/files overwritten, using server version and mods endup in the /MODS folder)

I hit the old "start dedicated server" and it sits here:

Indefinitely

https://prnt.sc/s4gds5

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Looks like I had to let the server map generate BEFORE I loaded this. That's kind of handy to include in the instructions :)

Edited by Bacon Overlord (see edit history)

Regarding the cars.

Is there plans to?

No. There muscle cars are enough of a pain to try and fix up as is.

Is there a trick to get bear kills to register for either of the quests requiring you to kill them? I must have killed 50 of them, but I'm still 0/3 on one and 0/1 on the other. All the rest of the animal kills register for the quests. Thanks.

Check your quest. You probably either aren't killing them with the right weapon, or you're killing the wrong bears. Also, that is a VANILLA quest that's been in the game for god knows how long.

one of the rarest drops in the game. I think he has said before they are not on the shops it is loot only and ultra rare.

I actually missed the gyro question. It only drops from demons.

' ERR Loading prefab " Settlement_trader 1-5" Failed Block "DFSpawn Guard male / female " used in prefab unknown

I'm willing to bet that's because you're either missing, or have a corrupt mods.dll since the guard blocks have a special spawn script.

And if that file is corrupt, the entire blocks.xml fails to load, which then causes that error.

Looks like I had to let the server map generate BEFORE I loaded this. That's kind of handy to include in the instructions

Except I always tell folks not to use RWG because there's no guarantee it'll spawn the required POI's and stick to the pre-made maps. :p I've TRIED to make sure the POI's spawn, but it's not perfect.

EDIT: It's also WAY better to generate the world on your home PC first (cos it's faster), make sure it has the required POI's and then upload it to the server.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hy guys, is there a picture of the map for the DF Large Seed ? I cant find anything on the web

Go here:

D:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\Darkness_Falls\Data \Worlds\DFalls-Medium3\preview

... is where you find the preview .png files for the Medium-3 but I only see previews for the Mediums.

Curious - might be that Medium was generated on Nitrogen?

Except I always tell folks not to use RWG because there's no guarantee it'll spawn the required POI's and stick to the pre-made maps. :p I've TRIED to make sure the POI's spawn, but it's not perfect.

EDIT: It's also WAY better to generate the world on your home PC first (cos it's faster), make sure it has the required POI's and then upload it to the server.

Hey, that would be why it doesn't work when I try to connect then.

I read in a post just above this that there are maps that come with it. In the instructions for installation it doesn't mention that. Maybe I'm just a newbie when it comes to this, but maybe adding that would be helpful also?

For us newbies :)

Thanks for the response!

So I figured that the best source of demons was a demon portal in wasteland. However, I found one and it's empty. Nothing is spawning. What is the intent of the portals?

So the destroyed portals (the ones with no red in the middle) can be looted. Pretty sure they have demonic essence to help you craft stuff.

You can destroy it and it'll turn into a block that looks like bedrock. Later, it'll turn back into an active portal. When active, they just spawn stuff... partially cos I thought it was cool, partially to help with XP, partially to help with loot. :)

Hy guys, is there a picture of the map for the DF Large Seed ? I cant find anything on the web

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553470127039971346/698300008318894140/ApzmWkM.jpg

I read in a post just above this that there are maps that come with it. In the instructions for installation it doesn't mention that. Maybe I'm just a newbie when it comes to this, but maybe adding that would be helpful also?

I was actually thinking of just including an edited serverconfig.xml with some good defaults for the mod included, and an explination of the included maps.

Having issues getting past these errors,

https://imgur.com/A4fREZR

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"dsdsdsds.jpg","data-attachmentid":1729163}[/ATTACH]

Any suggestions? this is happeneing on all Darkness Fall severs i try to connect to.

I have done a fresh re-install ---- ( I am Using 18.4 Stable // Steam version is set to NONE-Opt Out )

have tried almsot everything including editing XMLs.

Any help would be lovely! :)

I fixed this issue by Reinstalling everything on the server including Darkness Falls , Incase anyone else has this problem.

@KhaineGB I finally took the step to try this mod and it is amazing, my friends and me love it. Thanks for making and sharing it :)

Then to my issue: How to make animal husbandry work? The first animal I never saw after placing it, the second died either from trying to run into the wall or from hunger/thirst. So I will be really grateful for any info on how to make this work, What kind of pen do I need to make, what fence/blocks to build around it, how to give food and water, how to stop them from die?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

I finally took the step to try this mod and it is amazing, my friends and me love it. Thanks for making and sharing it

Then to my issue: How to make animal husbandry work? The first animal I never saw after placing it, the second died either from trying to run into the wall or from hunger/thirst. So I will be really grateful for any info on how to make this work, What kind of pen do I need to make, what fence/blocks to build around it, how to give food and water, how to stop them from die?

They're not working properly at the moment. Something in A18 broke them vs A17.

Anyone able to get this running on a MAC?

Most people gave up and decided to dual boot Linux or Windows.

Which is what i'd recommend doing, because I don't own a proper Mac to test it.

Hi there!

I was plating DF before in the winter on 18.2 version and everything worked flawlessly.

Now I can not load into the map. When "initializing world" Ram usage goes up to 11-12gb and game crashes every single time. I tried different maps (DF maps and Navezgane as well as RGM) nothing goes past the the loading map screen. Checking console every time for possible errors but everything looks fine!

Any help ?

@KhaineGB

I want to report a few blocks that upgrade wrong to 2nd steel layer.

Flagstone wedge steep inside corner base

Flagstone wedge steep inside corner top

Up to normal steel everything work great, but when I put on 2nd layer of steel both blocks change shape to Flagstone wedge steep corner base. Titanium I have not tried yet.

I just have to wonder if something is wrong with Random Gen, because every time I try to create a random generated world, I will get this error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at WorldGenerationEngine.GenerationManager+<Generate> d__58.MoveNext () [0x0020f] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <ca1d1fd848884ed5a84a515243f09e15>:0

(Filename: <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952> Line: 0)

In my adventure to obtain titanium I have hit a road block. I have the anti Rad pills do need a hazmat suit as well? And its only found in that evil land called the wasteland correct?

The hazmat suit is definitely better to go titanium hunting.

Hi there!

I was plating DF before in the winter on 18.2 version and everything worked flawlessly.

Now I can not load into the map. When "initializing world" Ram usage goes up to 11-12gb and game crashes every single time. I tried different maps (DF maps and Navezgane as well as RGM) nothing goes past the the loading map screen. Checking console every time for possible errors but everything looks fine!

Any help ?

My guess would be that something didn't download quite right.

If you're using the launcher, try the mirror option. That seems to work well for folks (running my own gitlab instance on my server in germany just for the mod)

I want to report a few blocks that upgrade wrong to 2nd steel layer.

Flagstone wedge steep inside corner base

Flagstone wedge steep inside corner top

Up to normal steel everything work great, but when I put on 2nd layer of steel both blocks change shape to Flagstone wedge steep corner base. Titanium I have not tried yet.

Oh fantastic! Thanks for the block names. I can go get that fixed. :)

Hi,

Wonder if someone could help me out?

I am doing the Eve quests (The Test and Favor completed). The Reward has popped into my quest log but doesnt show on the map. It says Quest does not have a location to show.

Any ideas?

Thank you

If you're on a map without the small bunkers (PREGEN01-03 and potentially RWG), this can happen. There's no POI for the quest to point you to.

I just have to wonder if something is wrong with Random Gen, because every time I try to create a random generated world, I will get this error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at WorldGenerationEngine.GenerationManager+<Generate> d__58.MoveNext () [0x0020f] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <ca1d1fd848884ed5a84a515243f09e15>:0

(Filename: <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952> Line: 0)

Only 6k and 8k work, for some reason.

I bought the Laborer class book (red) from a wandering trader.

I read it from the belt but I have no quest to do.

What did I miss?

Nothing. There's no quest. It unlocks the Master Laborer perk (need to be player level 50 and complete the laborer class for it to take effect).

Hey KhaineGB , I had play this Mod just last week and it was working fine but when I tried to play it yesterday and today, this screen came up.

What am I going to do in this case?

It stuck on the Initializing World Pages for more than a hour so I can't even go passed it.

I would suggest the same to you as another user.

It looks like you're using the launcher. Try re-downloading the mod from the mirror rather than the main link. There should be a checkbox you can select.

That red error is a launcher-only one that I can't get rid of, for some reason. But manually installing the mod gets rid of it.

Hello KhaineGB,

This Mod looks great and my wife and I have been trying to play it. We are trying to load it from the launcher as we have a vanilla game we are playing with a friend as well.

We are getting the same issue as a poster earlier has getting the following error after quitting our first session and trying to reload the game:

2020-04-19T15:42:53 167.209 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

You had advised him to install the mod manually. Would we be able to install this manually and keep our vanilla game as well? If so, what would we need to do make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I do try to. :)

I actually just tried adding a quest to point the player to the big bunker and... really broke something.

Soooooo.... whoops.

I hope you do cause after 1 more run today I will give up. I'm on one of the small maps and drove around the whole map yesterday looking for it. Today I will cheat and fly around, didn't want to but I'm on solo anyway..

[/Hello KhaineGB,

This Mod looks great and my wife and I have been trying to play it. We are trying to load it from the launcher as we have a vanilla game we are playing with a friend as well.

We are getting the same issue as a poster earlier has getting the following error after quitting our first session and trying to reload the game:

2020-04-19T15:42:53 167.209 INF Started thread GenerateChunks

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

You had advised him to install the mod manually. Would we be able to install this manually and keep our vanilla game as well? If so, what would we need to do make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You just manually make a copy of your 7 days to die folder (Steam/stamapps/common) and then unzip the mod into the copy.

Then make a shortcut to the non-EAC executable on your desktop and rename it something like "7DTD - Darkness Falls".

And that's it. If you want the mod, run the shortcut. If you want vanilla, run from steam.

I hope you do cause after 1 more run today I will give up. I'm on one of the small maps and drove around the whole map yesterday looking for it. Today I will cheat and fly around, didn't want to but I'm on solo anyway..

7 Days to Die/Data/Worlds

Look for the world name, then look in prefabs.xml. It has co-ordinates for everything. Bunkers and such SHOULD be at the end of the file.

Is there a way to use a controller through Bluetooth while using this mod?

Will putting the modded game onto steam as a non steam game affect anything negatively?

I don't use one, so no idea.

Putting the game onto steam as a non-steam game shouldn't screw things up. I've heard a few folks do that so it works with Big Picture mode.