Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Crap... our server is at day 161 right now and we just had a great horde night with all the demons, behemoths and succubusses. :D

So far I am at level 176 right now and died for the first time...after a rookie mistake and thought I was safe underground and went away to get some coffee lol and for somehow ended up with spikes as well... loool

guess it's time to start over :D

Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Fren (see edit history)

Looking for some info on the wasteland trader on the df medium map 2. Cant seem to find the wasteland just patches. Also there are no rocks to mine titanium in the wasteland patches I do find. Thanks in advanced for any help 

15 minutes ago, Troyballs said:

Looking for some info on the wasteland trader on the df medium map 2. Cant seem to find the wasteland just patches. Also there are no rocks to mine titanium in the wasteland patches I do find. Thanks in advanced for any help 

We play on medium map 2 as well and got enough titanium. We're building a base on the eastern side of the map and so far every wasteland patch (circle) in the east has titanium in the ground. Just try deeper under boulders or somethimes under buildings. 

The Wasteland Bio is not like it use to be, they are just 'circles' on ur map. 

we probably haven't seen all of the map, I havent found a trader in the wasteland, but as said, we probably only have scouted 50-60% of the map. 

Edited by Fren (see edit history)

i got it to start after deleting and re-installing the mod launcher, and the game from the mod launcher, loading wasn't as smooth as previously but it did start. now i need to find the file path to DF saves to put in my save file. should be easy enough. thanks for the insight.

ok. my problem now is finding the DF save file location. i know app/data/ user/ roaming/7d2d/saves but i don't see the new DF save i can overwrite w/ my old save.

also save all games local to mod is checked, by default i guess.

Edited by oldguy67 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Troyballs said:

I found Caitlin on the DF-Medium2 map just yesterday in fact, and if you were searching for her by using the map preview, then you'd never have found her. Her POI doesn't actually show on it.

I'll wait till Khaine sees this, and comments before informing you of where she is exactly, to avoid spoilers for other people. If I get the go ahead, I'll post the coords.

1 hour ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

I found Caitlin on the DF-Medium2 map just yesterday in fact, and if you were searching for her by using the map preview, then you'd never have found her. Her POI doesn't actually show on it.

I'll wait till Khaine sees this, and comments before informing you of where she is exactly, to avoid spoilers for other people. If I get the go ahead, I'll post the coords.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, Caravaggio said:

Looking for any information on Eve The SeasonedSurvivor  I had a quest for her "test" Came back to turn in and she was gone... Does she Respawn and you just have to find her?  Been trying to find info on her...  Thank 

So I found In army camp in the east with a white river flag but i didnt get to explore most of it because i was alone scared and it was night time. Is she in there or is this just a trap?

I'm pretty new to playing modded 7d2d.  We're about 20 hours into this world and started having the same issue oldguy67 ran into.  It looks like something in the world save has an index greater than an array allowed.  I've successfully loaded this world several times before today.  I tried updating and verifying everything, but it seems limited to loading this world.  I was able to launch a new world without issue.  We have about 3 players total.  I guess from now on I'll stop the server every couple of hours and make a backup.  If it helps solve the problem at all, the only different thing we did was build a couple of coilrifles for the first time.

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

My assumption is that it's likely RAM related, because the mod does use more RAM on both client and server.

I also remember having this issue in A17, but that's because my CPU was running in power saving mode.

That was my initial assumption as well. Server process is sitting around 10-13GB of RAM using the DFalls-Large map, but that VM is allowed to pull up to 32GB off the host/physical machine. It was allocating about 23GB or so, but certainly wasn't using it all.

Odd tidbit we noticed is that one player had a spike in their ping times, but my understanding was that one player shouldn't hold up everyone else like that.

Problem is, they changed how custom assets are loaded into memory, before it was on demand - as you equip an item/block, the game checked the bundle and fetched the file, if the bundle and asset was small, you barely noticed it. Now however assets are all loaded into memory as you load up the save file or join a server, even though you might not even see the bulk of the custom assets within a play session. They did that because if an asset bundle was heavy (50mb+), the game basically froze until the bundle was loaded into memory upon equipping said item/block. It's a quick fix, but it didn't really solve the problem with RAM usage for bigger mods like DF.

21 hours ago, Raven said:

So I don't know what I did wrong, but my game, the ground is flat and all the houses are either floating or up on tall giant square blocks high into the air

That's a known A18 issue. Means you used either a game name or game seed as a save that already exists.

19 hours ago, Troyballs said:

So I found In army camp in the east with a white river flag but i didnt get to explore most of it because i was alone scared and it was night time. Is she in there or is this just a trap?

I don't think it's an army camp. It looks more like an armored settlement (but does have the flag)

17 hours ago, primalspectre said:

I'm pretty new to playing modded 7d2d.  We're about 20 hours into this world and started having the same issue oldguy67 ran into.  It looks like something in the world save has an index greater than an array allowed.  I've successfully loaded this world several times before today.  I tried updating and verifying everything, but it seems limited to loading this world.  I was able to launch a new world without issue.  We have about 3 players total.  I guess from now on I'll stop the server every couple of hours and make a backup.  If it helps solve the problem at all, the only different thing we did was build a couple of coilrifles for the first time.

I honestly have no idea what's going on with it since it's been running fine for MONTHS, and now randomly isn't.

13 hours ago, Raist said:

That was my initial assumption as well. Server process is sitting around 10-13GB of RAM using the DFalls-Large map, but that VM is allowed to pull up to 32GB off the host/physical machine. It was allocating about 23GB or so, but certainly wasn't using it all.

Odd tidbit we noticed is that one player had a spike in their ping times, but my understanding was that one player shouldn't hold up everyone else like that.

Huh... it shouldn't, but it could if the player is trying to access inventory since the server needs to load from the array.

4 hours ago, Noxxy said:

Anyone have info on the demon portals? Specifically trying to repair one? 

You don't repair them. Destroy it and it'll respawn eventually.

4 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Hey Khaine, I mentioned to that Troyballs user, that I'd give the co-ords for Caitlin on DF-Medium2, but wanted to inquire of your position on spoilers first.

I don't mind if other users want to share co-ords. I just don't do it myself ;)

Just now, KhaineGB said:

You don't repair them. Destroy it and it'll respawn eventually.

I don't mind if other users want to share co-ords. I just don't do it myself ;)

So I did destroy it and the portal itself was in my inventory as "Damaged Demon Portal" and I was able to place it. But its not an active portal when I do place it. I guess its just a new decorative piece. 

3 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

No, that's a bug with 7DTD. If you destroy something that's sat on a block you can't destroy, it gives you the item.

Which it shouldn't do. But it does.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the reply

On 5/18/2020 at 7:09 AM, Troyballs said:

Ok, here is the info on Caitlin's location on DF-Medium2

I'll attempt to put in a spoiler tag...if it doesn't work, I don't know what to say lol

Spoiler

She is located in the crater just south of the winter biome in the NW at 2632 N by 3661 W

Edited by Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 (see edit history)

Hello, i need some help setting up my server, i downloaded the server file (v2.50.1) and put it into my server files on g-portal and i downloaded the matching client side patch, and when i try to join my server with darkness falls installed im getting a repeating error while trying to load in of (err xml loader loading and parsing failed exception class block plant growing with water mods not found on block crops growing master) can anyone please help me? my friends and i are trying to get this server going with this mod and its proving very painfull

36 minutes ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Ok, here is the info on Caitlin's location on DF-Medium2

I'll attempt to put in a spoiler tag...if it doesn't work, I don't know what to say lol

Reveal hidden contents

She is located in the crater just south of the winter biome in the NW at 2632 N by 3661 W

Sooooooo turns out I found her day one.  I thought she was supposed to be in the wasteland....thanks for the help anways!!!