Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Not sure if I am in the right place to ask questions. I have installed the launder and attempted to install Ravenhearst a few times and I know for sure the stick recipe is missing from my game. I verified my 7d2d original game was up to date. I tried both the 7 day horde and 21 day horde version. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct place.

scrap wood for sticks

Are there any recommended game settings for Ravenhearst?

Only reason I'm asking is because I opted to play Warrior, as Nomad on Vanilla got to a stage where it wasn't challenging, but I wasn't sure if this mod was created with that in mind already, and therefore I should stay with the default of Nomad?

Jax, stabby made a tracker knife and we feel that 500 forged steel was a bit steep, could you drop it a bit?

u9tfJnR.jpg

Haha i have seen this before. it is very weird. we don't see it on our server.

You made me go and look at the recipes for a 500 steel mistake. Darn you!

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any recommended game settings for Ravenhearst?

Only reason I'm asking is because I opted to play Warrior, as Nomad on Vanilla got to a stage where it wasn't challenging, but I wasn't sure if this mod was created with that in mind already, and therefore I should stay with the default of Nomad?

It depends which version you are playing. The 21 day has adjusted gamestage rates to account for the time in between the hordes. The 7 day one is vanilla.

I will post a recommended setting file soon.

Haha i have seen this before. it is very weird. we don't see it on our server.

You made me go and look at the recipes for a 500 steel mistake. Darn you!

lol, the thing that surprised us the most was even though the size of the knife was increased the amount of detail in it was amazing.

Mod wont work

Hello!

Today i rented a server on bluefang trough your link, and with the wonderfull (!) help of bluefang the server is now up :)!

Bluefang suggested me that its best to use the 7d2dmod launcher, i have downloaded it and watched the tutorial on how to get things working.

I have downloaded the ravenhearst mod, and tried to join my server but half the icons were question marks.

I looked in the mod launcher again and noticed i used the single player version.

So i deleted it and downloaded the dedi one, but now if i start the game i cant even enter my server.

Any suggestions on how to get the mod working on my end?

Hello!

Today i rented a server on bluefang trough your link, and with the wonderfull (!) help of bluefang the server is now up :)!

Bluefang suggested me that its best to use the 7d2dmod launcher, i have downloaded it and watched the tutorial on how to get things working.

I have downloaded the ravenhearst mod, and tried to join my server but half the icons were question marks.

I looked in the mod launcher again and noticed i used the single player version.

So i deleted it and downloaded the dedi one, but now if i start the game i cant even enter my server.

Any suggestions on how to get the mod working on my end?

I had to uninstall the game, delete the directory and reinstall the game, then use the launcher. I had some old mods in my source directory from when I first started trying to figure things out and it was messing with the Ravenhearst mod.

Lumberjack mission bugged

Heya Jax,

I found that the Lumberjack kill mission isn't properly counting my kills. I started with a Steel Firexe and that didn't work on 5 kills. Swapped to an Iron Fireaxe and got credit for 1. Killed 5 more with Iron and still no go. I Bounced my server and got credit for a second one, but now I not getting credit for kills at all. Any idea on this? The thread search tools here are kinda garbage, so i couldn't find anything about this being a known issue.

Patch: 2.11.03 No Wipe Needed Required File Updates - XML

-Fixed Machete Blade recipe so it can be crafted in Blacksmith Station

-Added a Debuff to Extreme Blood Loss to Blood Bag. Otherwise the buff would not go away.

Please Jax, one more update... please add the Santa hats back in the game. You can remove them once you release 3.0 in early 2018.

Wonderful mod by the way... My favorite!

I have a quick question about a POI. Is the Retirement Village supposed to be in this mod? Was it ever in? did it get taken out?

The reason i ask is that i have looked all over for it and have not found one on my map...i know they are usually rare if at all, but it got me to go looking in the files. I see the files in the Prefabs folder, but it is not referenced in the rwgmixer file so i dont think it would even be on a new map.

To play co-op the person hosting needs the dedicated version of the mod you wish to play. The person connecting would use the SP /normal version of the mod they are running.

Is there a video on making one cause once i downloaded the 3 zip files i was very confused

Jax, think you went a bit too far in nurfing starter weapons. Wooden bow (150 quality) with stone arrows takes 3 head shots on a weak enemies to knock them down. And 2 swings with a reinforced 150 quality club to finally kill them.

Survivalist difficulty, Archery is at 25 points (+11.9% damage) + 1 point into robin hood (+10% damage).

Stone axe does only 5 damage to locked wooden supply crates (while doing 25 damage to any other wood blocks). This looks like a bug.

I just checked vanilla, it takes 2 arrows to the head to knock down and one hit with a wooden club (both 50 quality) to kill regular zombies.

If you want to make early game incredibly frustrating you are on the right path. Looking forward to 3.00 and hopping things are more balanced.

I am a noob to mods .... do I do this correctly?

- first load down Dawn of the Apocalypse Whitelist (or does this only work for whitelistet servers? are there any nonewhitelistet and do I need a different version for them?) or do I need to donload the "Dedi" version then (Dedi is required for online gaming, right?)

- in the browser of the game, is there any chance to see, if a server is running ravenhearst? (not looking into joining a server on day 80, so I am basically looking for a Ravenhearst server with not so long an uptime)

- once I have a mod matching a erver, do I just join and the mod is automatically activated? And do vanilla servers still work even when Ravenhearst is installed?

I had to uninstall the game, delete the directory and reinstall the game, then use the launcher. I had some old mods in my source directory from when I first started trying to figure things out and it was messing with the Ravenhearst mod.

Wel i started playing 7d2d 2 weeks ago and dindt use any mods till now.

I also reset the files in steam before adding the mod.

But just to be safe ill delete it and download it again tonight

server

- in the browser of the game, is there any chance to see, if a server is running ravenhearst? (not looking into joining a server on day 80, so I am basically looking for a Ravenhearst server with not so long an uptime)

I just rented a server on bluefang with the mod yesterday, its 100% fresh ( Since i dont got the mod working on my own pc yet )

Me and a friend are going to play on it and more players are more than welcome :)!

if u like to check it out search for DPS cheezehouse Ravenhearst 21 Days. Can also pm the ip and port if u cant find it somehow

I Also, can I get a hint on the location of a welding torch? :)

I saw it on sale from a trader.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I have a small question. How do I make flour in this mod. Does it come from a book or a skill or a quest line?

Need a book and skill.

Jax, think you went a bit too far in nurfing starter weapons. Wooden bow (150 quality) with stone arrows takes 3 head shots on a weak enemies to knock them down. And 2 swings with a reinforced 150 quality club to finally kill them.

Survivalist difficulty, Archery is at 25 points (+11.9% damage) + 1 point into robin hood (+10% damage).

Stone axe does only 5 damage to locked wooden supply crates (while doing 25 damage to any other wood blocks). This looks like a bug.

I just checked vanilla, it takes 2 arrows to the head to knock down and one hit with a wooden club (both 50 quality) to kill regular zombies.

If you want to make early game incredibly frustrating you are on the right path. Looking forward to 3.00 and hopping things are more balanced.

I warned, do not ask to cut the weapon and strengthen the zombies, but they did not listen to me. There is no common sense - suffer. Now zombies just walk on mines, they became useless.

Is it just me or does the iron and steel fireaxes have a lot of hits that are not registering? Stone axe is fine and so are the pickaxes.

It's not just you. I see this as well.

Also after searching the thread I haven't found any fix for the halipad on mp? Is it still being worked on? I would love to try it, but I can't place the crate, it just stays in my hand as a bag.

Other visual bug. On the editable crates when I switch the font, everytime I leave the area and come back both fonts are visible on the box until I mouse over it. Then it switches back to the second font. Which is what I wanted.