Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Create a new text file MyMod.xml, for example, and copy and paste this: Should show up under MyMods

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Servers>
<ServerGroup Name="MyMods" Logo="" Description="">
	<Server Name="Ravenhearst 21 Days" Logo="">
		<Description>
		</Description>
		<Excludes>
			<Exclude>7DaysToDieServer_Data</Exclude>
		</Excludes>
		<DownloadMode>Clone</DownloadMode>
		<Version>Latest</Version>
		<ReleaseNotes/>
		<Downloads>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/MainVersion/archive/master.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DPatches/raw/master/Alpha16.4/ZombieTextures/ZombieTextureOverhaul.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Mods.dll</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/raw/master/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Mods.pdb</Download>
			<Download>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/21DayVersion/master/Data/Config/gamestages.xml</Download>
			<Download>https://github.com/JaxTeller718/HeadshotRemoved/archive/master.zip</Download>
		</Downloads>
	</Server>
</ServerGroup>
</Servers>

Then, in the Mod Launcher, choose Open File... and select it.

Ok, idk if I did something wrong or what but here's what happened.

I made a file using Notepad names MyRavenhearst21DhordewHeadshotRemoved.xml.

Copied and pasted your text into it.

Saved it in the file on the PC where all the mods from the launcher are stored.

Opened luancher

Selected Open Local File

It shot an error message box up on the screen. I couldn't highlight to copy the text so here is a rough typing of that error.

"Unexpected end of file has occurred, The following elements are not closed>Servers. Line 24, position 10

At System.xml.xmltestreaderimpl.throw(exception e)

At system.xml.xmltextreader.throwunclosedelements()

At System.xml.xmltextreaderimpl.parseendelement()

At System.xml.xmlImpl.parseelementContnet()

At System.xml.xmlloader.loadnose(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)

atSystem.xml.xmlloader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at_72DLauncher.frmMain.ReadXML(String strXMLFile)"

I couldn't even task manager close the launcher to get the error box away had to restart the pc.

Was Notepad the wrong program to make the text file? Should I save it in a particular spot?

Found launcher load file

https://pastebin.com/quj4RngL

Edited by JCrook1028 (see edit history)

I've had blade traps out for my last two blood moons, day 42 and 49, and majority of the zombies will walk right through them without anything happening. You don't hear the sound of the blades cutting through something and you don't see the any animation of the zombies getting hit. I have the blades at the bottom of a pit and they are all next to each other, no spaces between them.

This might be just my wild guess, but do you happened to put the blade trap at bedrock? because that also the bug that i encountered in other mod as well, it seems it might be from vanilla. i suspect the bug only happened when we put the blade trap very deep down underground, near bedrock. the blade will not work / touch any zombies. but if you put the blade trap near surface, (0-10 m deep from surface ground), it will never have that bug and will always hit the zombies properly.

(i've tested this by making a pitfall trap next to each, one is 57m deep, other is only 7m blocks deep. the 57m deep blade trap always have that bug, while the 7m block deep one works properly).

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

Version: 2.07

-Removed Traps XP that could give players extra XP

-increased timer on destroyed loot container backpacks to 480 to allow more time to loot them.

-Added Polished Wood which is used to make Decorative Items and can be crafted out of wood

-Added sticks to more recipes

-Adjusted Probabilities for certain types of rare loot.

-You must now "punch" plants and crops to harvest them.

-Increased Skill Point Gain from levelling from 7 to 8

-Fixed Shock Club breaking at 0 Durability

-Lowered entity damage on regular hammer

-Removed duplicate stove recipes

-Added yucca to Cactus Recipe

-Added Textile fabric made out of cloth and is used for all Decorative items and extra clothing recipes.

-Added Heat Free Torch recipe requires 3 normal torches to make.

-Adjusted Lucille Recipe

-Skill Books like Medicine and Archery found in loot now give 2 points towards each skill

-Added special Loot to Bus

-Added Special Loot To mystery Machine

-Fixed soda scrapping into glass

-Fixed box of nails scrapping to plastic

-Decreased Percent Traders Sell Items For

-Added Gun Locker

-Added Wardrobe Closet

-Fixed models of Hamburger and Candy Bar

-Added Soda Can Model

-Adjusted price of 556 Ammo and 32mm Ammo

-Adjusted Damage Duplet and Homemade Pistol Do

-Added new vehicles in the world such as Bus, Semi, Cars, Vans, and Dump Truck along with appropriate loot (Hint: You WANT to find a Semi)

-Removed headshot only, but made zombies a bit more difficult. This was done to make the Night Terrors allow proper body damage (No more farming them on spikes)

-Night Terrors now do more Block Damage

-Night Terrors now move slightly faster.

-Night Terrors overall are more tough. Do NOT go out at Night or in the Wastelands or Burnt Biome unless you are PREPARED. That is my only warning to you! :)

-Added missing shock trap recipe

-Fixed Armor Quest showing wrong number of materials needed

-Slight wellness increases on certain foods and drinks

-Vegetable Juice Added. Great way to gain Wellness

-Plants must now be harvested by punching them, even in the world. This is part one of a new farming system coming in 3.0. There is a chance your harvest may go bad and return Rotting Harvests that can be used for Fertilizer. Keep in mind that punching the crops can result in ZERO harvest at times. The ONLY way to ensure a harvest is by using a farming tool.

-Using a Hoe, scythe or sickle now affords you the chance to get a seed back when you use them to harvest crops. Each hoe offers a different harvest bonus. Scrap is half, iron is full and steel gives a chance at more.

-Increased chances of finding Antibiotics in Medicine loot.

-Decreased amount of Compost needed to fill the Composter

-Increased timers on Rain Catcher, Composter and Chicken Coop

-Added empty jars to Rain Catcher loot

-Added Tarps can only be found and are required to make Composter and Rain Catcher. More recipes to come.

-Reduced Snowberries around the world except in the Snow Biome.

-Thanks to sphereii's new DLL edit whenever you craft an item it will AUTOMATICALLY favorite it. This makes using Favorites even easier and eliminates the process of forgetting or finding it again to favorite it. Using favorites is a GREAT way to cut down on Inventory and Workbench lag. If you wish you can still un-favorite any one time recipes.

-Removed Traps skill from Survival Class which will hopefully KILL the Traps bug once and for all.

-Bite Mark countdown timer slightly increased.

-Plants have decreased in grow time from 360 minutes a stage to 300 minutes a stage

-There is Sham in them thar hills!

-556HP and 32HP ammo recipes now Added

-Claw Hammer will no longer be OP on stone and dirt

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

This might be a stupid question, but which version of the mod do I need to download from the first post to install on my local copy of the game if I want to connect to a server running the mod?

I have the same question he has. Because I don't see a normal download for the 21 day version only the server one do I just Download 21 day horde server file for my game or the single player 7day one?

I have the same question he has. Because I don't see a normal download for the 21 day version only the server one do I just Download 21 day horde server file for my game or the single player 7day one?

You need the version the server is running. Not every version is up on the first post just the most popular ones. Use the Launcher for the other versions.

@Jaxteller: Thank you so much for trying to fix the traps error! I'm currently at work, but will try and see if the fix resolved the issue when I get home. I do wonder.. could this have happened to my player profile because I played a vanilla game in between? I started 7dtd with the normal shortcut (not the mod launcher) for the first time in ages. The same thing happened to my girlfriends player profile (she also got the traps error) after we both played a vanilla game to teach her parents play 7DTD (we figured starting in a scary mod might be a tad much for two total newbies).

In general, thank you for the great work you're doing and for the mod in general! When I ran into this issue and couldn't continue Ravenhearst, I realized I didn't really feel like playing any other mods right now, so... hey at least while waiting I got to expand the Roman empire in Divide et Impera (Rome 2: Total War). :D

Also love the changes to farming, making farming implements matter!

I'm sorry you are having so many issues. I have 8g of Ram and and Nvidia 750TI with an I3 processor and i develop the mod and see only a few stuttering issues. Why is this? Who really knows. Things work different for everyone. This is a resource heavy mod no question. A17 will bring Unity optimizations and hopefully larger mods like this will be something everyone can enjoy free of such issues.

Yeah it is likely my low end computer you think?

I agree what do you think maybe I should upgrade?

https://s2.postimg.org/yul24vsvt/badcomputer.png

Since it is K series I heard it is as simple as rebooting computer and I could overclock it by changing settings in bios to about 5 ghz would that help? Or would 5ghz be to slow of CPU still? I do have water cooling system on cpu so maybe that?

Should I maybe upgrade to something like the i9?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117836

I was worried the individual cores were still bit slow but there is 18 of them?

Is it this 1080 graphic card that is the problem?

Thanks for pointing out my system is problem.

Edited by G3zz (see edit history)

@Jaxteller: Thank you so much for trying to fix the traps error! I'm currently at work, but will try and see if the fix resolved the issue when I get home. I do wonder.. could this have happened to my player profile because I played a vanilla game in between? I started 7dtd with the normal shortcut (not the mod launcher) for the first time in ages. The same thing happened to my girlfriends player profile (she also got the traps error) after we both played a vanilla game to teach her parents play 7DTD (we figured starting in a scary mod might be a tad much for two total newbies).

In general, thank you for the great work you're doing and for the mod in general! When I ran into this issue and couldn't continue Ravenhearst, I realized I didn't really feel like playing any other mods right now, so... hey at least while waiting I got to expand the Roman empire in Divide et Impera (Rome 2: Total War). :D

Also love the changes to farming, making farming implements matter!

Thank you for the kind words ;) I hope it fixes the issue as well. As for the farming, I realized after playing a bit it needs more work and balancing. Fertilizer for instance is not recognized by the Hoe so it doesn't give the fertilizer bonus. Im extremely disappointed in this as I had some fun plans with it. For now we are reverting back to the previous way but rest assured we will get it balanced and working properly and it will return. We just dont want peoples fertilized crops to return a poor yield.

Edited by JaxTeller718 (see edit history)

I have updated the main post with the 21 day SP version.

You can download it here

Yayy thank you. LMAO I missed the warning about the night terrors when I downloaded this for the first time a couple days ago. I added the extra spawns and I play with zombies not running and was thinking I owned the night.I got my **s handed to me and learned my lesson. I am having a blast playing this.

Jax, Are you recommending a restart for 2.07? my save is 2.05 with 2.06 on top.

I love that we are getting new content and tweaks and I dont really see anything game breaking in the patch notes, but it seems both .06 and .07 both added things that wont show up unless a fresh start is made again. Things like the 2 POIs in 2.06 and now new vehicles...i dont think those will show up in an existing save. Also, changing the skill points per level...will it automatically give us the missing points or do we need to admin in some skill points if we keep the save (is it 1 per level at all difficulty levels or does it scale)?

Anyway, keep up the great work.

hey JaxTeller718, awesome mod you made there, but i have a question about trees,

right after i started i found good place to make a base and cut down on the first day like 10 trees and planted new ones, but now im almost at day 7 and they didnt grow any larger since i plant them, did you change somthing in the farming system?

Weird glitches

Hi all

Well, first thanks JaxTeller718 for that great mod, with awsome new content. Love it.

I edited the rwgmixer in order to add some prefabs (Compopack 29 and some others), so it may certainly be the cause of the glitch, however, could any one help me understand what may be causing this kind of glitches (example pic below) ?

the glitches are :

- Mod new vehicles spawning at weird places (like example below)

- Mod new vehicles spawning in at same place other objects are spawned too (can either be Mod new vehicles at same place as other new vehicles, or vanilla vehicles). Even saw school bus+bike+vanilla sedan sharing same space (with very only small parts of bike/sedan getting out of the school bus)

Many thanks for any clue

20171207151223_1.thumb.jpg.604703349c8fa9022e5716189984e507.jpg