Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Im definitely going to look into this and get this added for 3.0

That said we are making plans for our next move after 3.0. Currently you can come to our Discord and share your ideas for a new mod called "Extinction" that will be a more traditional but definitely more hardcore style mod like Ravenhearst. The idea behind this mod, is almost NO craftable recipes, scavenger heavy, walk only traditional zombies with headshots only.

Think Walking Dead where looting is VERY important. Zombies will do minimal block damage but will be ALL over. There have been dozens of great ideas already thrown around in the discord so if you have an idea on how to make a real world based survival version of 7 Days without mutated zombies and with realistic building and crafting head there and add your ideas. There are so many great ideas already posted there.

Please Do .. after going to all the different pages and reading ... This 72 old Gamer just got confused to be Honest about it .. I've edited files before in many games .. but this is confusing OR I'm just getting Old .. I went to the .xmi files and could not figure out were to put it .. SO for now _ I will look at an arrow in Hand (PS _ this is the only game I have the issue with so far of the 5 that I play)....... Please JaxTeller718 can you fix on next update .. Thank you from the old gamer

I am sure this has been asked before but 100 pages its making it difficult to find the answer. Anyways is there a way to fix the crafting/Invetory lag in this mod?

The main reason for the lag is .. this mod is made up of several other mods put into one and it just a lot of sorting for it to work .. Simple answer .. (also it be a Ram issue depending on what you are running .. hopefully a minimum of 16)

I like playing nomad mode, no base building, just traveling from town to town, and fighting hoard in the middle of the street on the hyways :)

Awesome mod keep it up Jax

Im definitely going to look into this and get this added for 3.0

That said we are making plans for our next move after 3.0. Currently you can come to our Discord and share your ideas for a new mod called "Extinction" that will be a more traditional but definitely more hardcore style mod like Ravenhearst. The idea behind this mod, is almost NO craftable recipes, scavenger heavy, walk only traditional zombies with headshots only.

Think Walking Dead where looting is VERY important. Zombies will do minimal block damage but will be ALL over. There have been dozens of great ideas already thrown around in the discord so if you have an idea on how to make a real world based survival version of 7 Days without mutated zombies and with realistic building and crafting head there and add your ideas. There are so many great ideas already posted there.

Holy. ♥♥♥♥. This mod just ruined me with a brand new bug i've never witnessed before.... the ♥♥♥♥ing night terror noises are playing for me and i'm not in the game. The nightmare voices are talking to me via the dedicated server .exe while one of my players is saying a night terror is near him. What an insane bug lol. My PC is telling me it's going to kill me and it's laughing. Thanks Jax!

This could be a major coincidence but this is the first time I've restarted my server using the restart button on 7D2DRAT rather than shutting it down and starting it fully.

any way to rebuild/make the homemade guns? can make the ammo but not the guns.. Currently trying to do the handgun quest and misplaced mine so.. lol.. Thought i could build a pistol from scratch, but cant reload homemade bullets so i guess that wasnt the way to go

Single Player/Private World Question...

Hi, so first of all, enjoying the hell out of the mod! Really love it!

I have a question and I'm somewhat certain everything's fine with the game version. If I host a private world for me and a friend can we both use just the single player files or do we both have to use the dedicated server files if it's just us in a private world that's being hosted off my computer? Thanks in advanced for any and all responses.

The main reason for the lag is .. this mod is made up of several other mods put into one and it just a lot of sorting for it to work .. Simple answer .. (also it be a Ram issue depending on what you are running .. hopefully a minimum of 16)

It isn't a memory issue 32GB ram

Hello Devloper and Hello Guys,

i have a 20tb, 32GB Ram Server... i have 26gb Ram free but wenn i want start the Modpack Server he say

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels32 (int)

at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DynamicUIAtlas.SH () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DynamicUIAtlas.ResetAtlas () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DynamicUIAtlas.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Well... What is the Problem... I dont understand this Bull♥♥♥♥... i work 10 years with rootservers and gameservers and this Problem is unbelivable sick... Can anybody help ?

Report: https://pastebin.com/3yMdJDPt

"endlesstrash" is a good seed if you like to set up base in the big crack a book POI buildings. You can find one on the corner of 4 different biomes in one of the central cities. Plus it's a fun seed if you're an RLM fan :) I find it ironic because 7D2D is essentially just everyone digging through endless trash.

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

I have started off as the farmer class, found a nice place, hunkered down and placed my mortar and pestal, red all of my skills etc and I cant craft any seeds ;-; is there something I am missing? Sadly farmers are a rare race so I cant just watch someone else do a playthrough and see if I missed something lol

I have started off as the farmer class, found a nice place, hunkered down and placed my mortar and pestal, red all of my skills etc and I cant craft any seeds ;-; is there something I am missing? Sadly farmers are a rare race so I cant just watch someone else do a playthrough and see if I missed something lol

I also took farmer class...have you put any points in Green Thumb perk?

Hello Devloper and Hello Guys,

i have a 20tb, 32GB Ram Server... i have 26gb Ram free but wenn i want start the Modpack Server he say

Well... What is the Problem... I dont understand this Bull♥♥♥♥... i work 10 years with rootservers and gameservers and this Problem is unbelivable sick... Can anybody help ?

Report: https://pastebin.com/3yMdJDPt

Had same issue due to the 32bit server version being loaded instead of the 64bit. For me using Lionux game server I had to use: executable="./7DaysToDieServer.x86_64"

In your pastebin the second line reads:

Found path: /home/sevendtd/7dtd/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86

So looks like your problem I learned the hard way.

Had same issue due to the 32bit server version being loaded instead of the 64bit. For me using Lionux game server I had to use: executable="./7DaysToDieServer.x86_64"

hey Thanks for your answer. I will try tommorow and answer later.

any way to rebuild/make the homemade guns? can make the ammo but not the guns.. Currently trying to do the handgun quest and misplaced mine so.. lol.. Thought i could build a pistol from scratch, but cant reload homemade bullets so i guess that wasnt the way to go

Unfortunately no. The homemade items were intended to be "one time use" and when they break its done. They were a bit op for what they were to help get you started. In 3.o homemade guns are gone and replaced by the lowest tier of that weapons class.

- - - Updated - - -

no problem....us farmers have to stick together :)

You are going to LOVE the changes to the farming class :)

And I dont mean that in the "dammit what has Jax done to my farming" way i mean it in the "hey jax DOES love us farmers...a little" way :D

- - - Updated - - -

If I wanted to lower the spawn rate would I have to change it for every entry of every zombie added or is there a universal controller for this? I love this mod but kinda wanna work my way up to the insane spawn levels of zombies lmao

Im toying with the idea of releasing 2 seperate files for 3.0 one with the normal spawns and one with lesser ones. I dont know how far i want to go with this though. I DO want to keep the integrity of the mod intact.

That said what exactly did you want lowered or removed and i can try to help. Wandering hordes? Wilderness spawns?

- - - Updated - - -

Please Do .. after going to all the different pages and reading ... This 72 old Gamer just got confused to be Honest about it .. I've edited files before in many games .. but this is confusing OR I'm just getting Old .. I went to the .xmi files and could not figure out were to put it .. SO for now _ I will look at an arrow in Hand (PS _ this is the only game I have the issue with so far of the 5 that I play)....... Please JaxTeller718 can you fix on next update .. Thank you from the old gamer

Already added for 3.0 ;)

Thanks for the help. this solved many problems. i only must now show why it´s broke when it starts at the point

Platform assembly: /home/sevendtd/7dtd/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)

2018-02-11T11:52:55 114.809 INF Started Telnet on 8081

2018-02-11T11:52:55 114.810 INF Awake done

2018-02-11T11:52:56 115.041 INF Atlas reset took 152 ms

2018-02-11T11:52:56 115.042 INF Atlas load took 230 ms

But i hope that i will find this out

no problem....us farmers have to stick together :)

You are going to LOVE the changes to the farming class :)

And I dont mean that in the "dammit what has Jax done to my farming" way i mean it in the "hey jax DOES love us farmers...a little" way :D

Can you answer this for me for farming. What is with wheat? It is by far the most frustrating thing to plant or to harvest. I'll soon have my keyboard and mouse worn out trying to put down seeds and pick up crops. I don't know if you have any control over it but if you do could you have a look at it. Am tempted to see if server will replace all recipes that require anything to do with wheat with another plant such as corn.

we have a copy/paste of instructions from a mac user that's been very helpful when people have had trouble installing on mac,

i don't know if something like that would be good for linux users also?

or a list of tips for linux?

not sure! but if a linux user feels something like that could be beneficial and would like to write something up, i would save it and put on the trouble shooting area of our discord, too.