Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Jax is working hard on 3.0, and that includes descriptions on where items are created. When it comes out, it will be a lot easier figuring out where and how something ins made.

This feels like one of the biggest improvements any mod could make. Great news! :D

This feels like one of the biggest improvements any mod could make. Great news! :D

This will certainly help a lot.

Gothyc, thank you for the advice, Yes the Working Oven/Working Sink etc are made in the Decoration Station. The BBQ Grill is made in the Big Forge.

For others benefit - New Items are invariably made in one of these three areas: Big Forge, Advanced Workbench, Decoration Station, Tailoring Station.

Problem running MOD

Ok ive tried clean installs on steam & through the mod launcher but always the mod gets to the loading Items screen at which point it crashes leaving a dump file, Ive tried everything I can think of but cant get the mod to even start up, does anyone have any ideas as to whats up, I assume its something my end as other ppl seem to be ok playing it :(

Ill incluse the txt dump if someone says it will help....

Sorry forgot to add im using the SP 7 day horde....

Edited by War3zuk (see edit history)

Ok ive tried clean installs on steam & through the mod launcher but always the mod gets to the loading Items screen at which point it crashes leaving a dump file, Ive tried everything I can think of but cant get the mod to even start up, does anyone have any ideas as to whats up, I assume its something my end as other ppl seem to be ok playing it :(

Ill incluse the txt dump if someone says it will help....

Sorry forgot to add im using the SP 7 day horde....

always better to assume that your outputlog will be needed and include it.

you can use pastebin.com and provide the link, makes it super easy ^^

- - - Updated - - -

i keep having an Arrow flying around me for some reason, any help?

sounds like you're magical, to me

I can't wait for 3.0 so I can give it another go. I didn't have any luck with fixing the invisible item icons, something just wasn't playing nice (ML or Rh). If it's still the same with the new update, I'll reach out.

Now if there's ever a step-by-step regarding the (SP) 21DayVersion-master.zip, without using the mod launcher, I'm all ears. Just point me in that direction, only thing I haven't tried :topsy_turvy:

I can't wait for 3.0 so I can give it another go. I didn't have any luck with fixing the invisible item icons, something just wasn't playing nice (ML or Rh). If it's still the same with the new update, I'll reach out.

Now if there's ever a step-by-step regarding the (SP) 21DayVersion-master.zip, without using the mod launcher, I'm all ears. Just point me in that direction, only thing I haven't tried :topsy_turvy:

Sorry for the trouble. By the sounds of it, it's not the launcher that is misbehaving here, but rather a video card driver issue. Which video card do you have? If you could provide a output_log.txt from the game, that would help us identify the issue.

(Ingame stats: 90 min days, 18hour daylight, 200% loot, currently day 50)

Heya Jax and team. Small group of us has been trying mods out recently - so far in order: Valmod, Starvation, WotW's, and now yours. A very quick overview would be: Valmod was a great after vanilla play-through experience, Starvation was a nice mod for ultimate survival, and WotW's was nice for loot/exploration/building. We wanted the mods to have a baby and my friends and I are in agreement - Ravenhearst is it. Couple of things we've seen is (none meant as a complaint at all) :

(1) low loot - makes sense as items are scarce and we're essentially not the first survivors to go looting (though we are when we "start" the game + adds backstory).

(2) Animal sparsity - makes choosing what food to prepare and what to plant on the farm a thing.

(3) Speaking of farming it takes a long time from planting seeds to harvest, 4 in game days (90min days) i believe it calculated out to be. Which I've noticed has made players build much bigger farms than previous play-throughs.

(4) Most, if not everything, is locked behind perks (aside from some of the normal books/recipes), which artificially slows progression (again, not a bad thing) though we are a bit confused by a couple instances - one being Tool crafting. Scrap iron tools seem to rule for quite a while even after getting the iron tools perk. Currently it seems Iron tools dont start to shine until level 90-100.

(5) a few of the new mobs/zombies/bosses(?) are scary. (the one zombie that sings in a whispering haunting voice "ring-around-the-rosy" sent chills up my arm first few times hearing it) and don't get me started on what we call the "White Walkers", and the big fluffy afro dude.

(6) the vehicles added are a nice touch albeit they dont break down in 3 phases like the normal ones (sedan, damaged sedan, to frame of sedan)

(7) The class selection is a nice touch - makes working with others as a team a thing (until people can start blueprinting their way to the other classes). And longer probably for people playing Singleplayer.

(8) Ores are more defined in their biomes, can't tell ya how long I mined in the desert looking for iron and came up way short LOL. It wasn't until I googled and found a post here telling me the biome/ore definition to help me to stop looking in desert. Which brings me to augers (this was my chief bewilderment) initially are a little lacking (469 quality). Havent made steel/diamond yet so, we'll see what happens as days go on.

All-in-all, thanks team for the mod, enjoying the heck out of it!

How can i download this mod ? I don have it in my 7DTD Mod Launcher.

Untitled.jpg.e2f784c41c03c2c13de7d6badd60ace4.jpg

Edit : Sorry, image is small...So the options are 7 day Horde Edition

21 Day Horde Edition

7 day Horde Streamer Edition

21 day Horde Streamer Edition

Dedi 7 day Horde Edition

Dedi 21 day Horde Edition

Ravenhearst 3.0 Test Server Only Files

Dawn of the New apocalypse Whitelist download.

Which one is it ???

Edited by santosiebie15 (see edit history)

How can i download this mod ? I don have it in my 7DTD Mod Launcher.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23892[/ATTACH]

Edit : Sorry, image is small...So the options are 7 day Horde Edition

21 Day Horde Edition

7 day Horde Streamer Edition

21 day Horde Streamer Edition

Dedi 7 day Horde Edition

Dedi 21 day Horde Edition

Ravenhearst 3.0 Test Server Only Files

Dawn of the New apocalypse Whitelist download.

Which one is it ???

You can pick one:

21 Day Horde - Base mod, plus your blood Moon horde comes every 21 days, instead of 7.

7 Day Horde Streamer Edition = No bad language, no strippers, regular blood moon

21 Day Horde Streamer Edition = No bad language, no strippers, blood moon every 21 days

Ignore the others, unless you want the on the official DONA server, in which you'd want to use Dawn of the new Apocalypse.

The Dedi versions are provided to help people install on dedicater servers.

charred meat

my wife and i just started Ravenhearst yesterday after only ever playing vanilla. my issue is i cant cook charred meat. i have a campfire, wood, and meat but when i try to cook it it tells me "you don't have the required fuel to craft this." i don't know if im missing a perk or something but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richstamp2: Do you mean a normal campfire? They're quite useless in Ravenhearst. You need an advanced campfire with a grill or a barbecue grill to cook charred meat.

Update: Never noticed that actually, the charred meat recipe appears in the campfire list, not sure why. As far as I'm aware you can only make canned boiled water from the normal campfire.

Update: ignore this post, i'm wrong here! proper info in FAQ

Edited by BMT (see edit history)

Unofficial Ravenhearst 2.2 FAQ!

:help:UNOFFICIAL RAVENHEARST 2.2 FAQ :help:

Answers gathered from several forum members in this thread, many thanks to you all! Please note this is put together by me, I am not part of the team, just a big Ravenhearst fan! Many thanks to Jax for all his work!

- Q: Which version of Ravenhearst do I need to install?

A: Make sure you are using the 7D2D Mod Launcher and it is up to date. If you're a new player wanting to join an existing Ravenhearst server or create your own new game you should get either the 21 Day Horde Edition or the 7 Day Horde Edition. Choosing between these two depends on your play style (or the setting of the existing server you are joining). The 21 day edition allows for a longer relaxed schedule for players to build up resources and enjoy Ravenhearst's new additions while providing a longer run to the end-game tech. The 7 day edition provides an experience closer to the original 7D2D horde schedule, with the appropriate tweaks to allow for quicker progression than the 21 day edition.

If you are a player that likes to stream gameplay the Streamer Edition's provide media friendly versions with a small number of assets removed, such as NPC nudity and profanity.

If you wish to setup your own dedicated server there are two Dedi versions provided with the additional required files.

- Q: Can I combine Ravenhearst with *other awesome mod*?

A: You can try but it is highly unrecommended as Ravenhearst is an intensive mega-mod with many specific tweaks and additions that will definitely clash with other mods. You will likely experience crashes and/or game breaking bugs. Please do not ask for support if you have added other mods to your Ravenhearst install as chances are that is what is causing the problem!!

- Q: Why is the crafting/inventory menu so laggy?

A: This is a major issue with the 7D2D game engine that unfortunately cannot be fixed by modmakers! Whenever a large scale mod like Ravenhearst increases the amount of available recipes the game finds it difficult to load. A quick workaround is to use the favourites star button in your crafting menu. If you toggle to your favourites list the game only has to load those recipes and so you can use your inventory lag-free until you have to interact with the recipes again. An alternative is to type "zzz" or similar into the recipe search so that no recipes are displayed.

Note that as of a recent update a tweak provided by sphereii was implemented to help with the crafting lag by moving items into categories and by stopping crafting stations defaulting to loading all possible recipes when accessing them. So basically, things used to be worse. Thanks sphereii!

- Q: I went on a long epic journey many miles away from my base but when I came back everything is gone, why?

A: This is another major issue, albeit rare, with the 7D2D game engine that can happen if you're the kind of player that likes to travel incredibly long distances. It appears to be an issue where the game engine determines the "chunk" of world data your base is on is obsolete or corrupted. It is advisable to backup your worlds to help incase this issue occurs.

You can backup your worlds manually by navigating to "Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Random Gen" and copying the entire folder of the world you want to save.

Alternatively, if you are a dedicated server host the excellent 7D2D RAT server management tool can be used to schedule frequent world backups.

- Q: How do I choose a class? What are the classes for?

A: Ravenhearst starts every new character off with a clipboard-looking item called "Class Selection", which you use as an ingredient in the crafting menu to make the class kit of your choice. For example if you want to be the handgun class you would craft a "Handgun Kit (Locked)", which creates a briefcase-like item that you place in the game world (preferably at your feet) and then unlock using the key from your toolbelt. Make sure to read the book found in the kit to begin any class quests and receive any starter class items. Each class unlocks unique quest paths, items and skills to enrichen your Ravenhearst experience. Better yet, you have the ability to craft more class kits further on, so each player can potentially master all classes.

- Q: Why can't I make my usual food and bottled water in the campfire?

A: Ravenhearst opens up the 'vanilla' 7D2D experience by reworking the progression of certain skills, including cooking. You now have to work a little harder to get your essentials! A normal campfire can only help you with murky water stored in scrap cans and charred meat. If you want to advance to making bottled water and cook meat to help gain wellness you need to look into crafting an Advanced Campfire as well as finding yourself a grill. There are several other new crafting stations for players to unlock and create that will help with all aspects of the game, such as the Ammunition Table, Food Prep Table and Oil Refinery.

- Q: How do I get sticks?

A: Sticks are gained from scrapping wood in your inventory.

- Q: How do I get Knowledge Points (KP)? What are they for?

A: You gain KP from scrapping recipes and skill books you find in the world (rather than using them). You then combine these KP with ink at a Research Desk with Ink Pen to make books of your choice to advance your experience in certain skills or save them up further to unlock another class.

- Q: How do I get Weapon Parts? What are they for?

A: Weapon Parts are gained from scrapping individual weapon components in your inventory, such as shotgun long barrel or pistol grip. They can then be used later in the game to craft specific weapon components.

- Q: How do I get Car Parts? What are they for?

A: Similar to above, you can gain Car Parts from scrapping engines. You can also harvest them from vehicles using a tool such as wrench/crowbar. Note however harvesting these is much rarer than other materials acquired such as mechanical parts and short iron pipes. Car Parts can then be used later in the game to craft engines.

- Q: When I eat food it doesn't help with my hunger or wellness, why?

A: Are you eating food while accessing the advanced campfire? This is the main problem people run into, do not eat food from your inventory when accessing crafting stations. ALWAYS CONSUME FOOD/DRINK/MEDICINE FROM YOUR TOOLBELT! PUT THE ITEM IN THE TOOLBELT AND ACTIVATE IT INGAME LIKE USING A WEAPON!

Note that as of a recent patch a tweak by tormentedemu was implemented to help with this issue, with players reporting that it is okay to consume while in the inventory. Thanks tormentedemu!

- Q: I took medicine but it didn't remove my infection, why?

A: Same problem as food above, sometimes medicine effects do not register when using the item from your inventory or when accessing a crafting station. Again, this issue seems to be mainly remedied by tormentedemu's tweak.

- Q: Where do I find zinc and copper?

A: Both zinc and copper can be found by mining in the wasteland biomes. They can occasionally appear as surface deposits depending on the location of spawned cave entrances.

- Q: Why can't I find diamonds?

A: Diamonds are incredibly rare! Try looking for treasure maps or headhunt some high value zombie targets.

- Q: Why can't I craft the Halicopter?

A: The 'Halicopter' drone was not working in multiplayer so it was disabled in MP games. It is however still available for crafting in single player games.

- Q: Did I just get killed by a zombie that spawned behind me in a house?

A: This is another long-running issue with "sleeper" zombies and the way they are implemented. Every building has a number of zombies that will appear dead until being activated by nearby player activity. In many cases not properly checking every floor in a building will result in one of these zombies catching a player by surprise. There are rare scenarios when a sleeper corpse could be lying glitched within furniture. There can also be problematic zombie spawn issues if players decide to build a base in one of the high-rise POI buildings. Zombie spawn issues in bases can be helped by the use of the spawn protection ball/bubble from placed bed rolls.

As for spawn issues when scavenging I would recommend taking each room carefully, checking corners, making sure you always have an exit route clear. If possible try to scavenge containers with your view covering entrances/exits. Check your back between looting containers. Don't get addicted to loot, clear your surroundings first! Watch out for zombies falling from higher floors/loft spaces. Be wary of zombies that you have ran away from eventually finding their way to you. And finally, always be ready to run away from packs of hungry wolves.

:amen:

my wife and i just started Ravenhearst yesterday after only ever playing vanilla. my issue is i cant cook charred meat. i have a campfire, wood, and meat but when i try to cook it it tells me "you don't have the required fuel to craft this." i don't know if im missing a perk or something but any help would be greatly appreciated.

are you putting the wood IN the fuel slot in the campfire?

- - - Updated - - -

Richstamp2: Do you mean a normal campfire? They're quite useless in Ravenhearst. You need an advanced campfire with a grill or a barbecue grill to cook charred meat.

Update: Never noticed that actually, the charred meat recipe appears in the campfire list, not sure why. As far as I'm aware you can only make canned boiled water from the normal campfire.

canned boiled water and charred meat, that's it for starter fire.

thanks for the little faq, also!

it's still recommended to use any consumables (food/books/meds) carefully, but thanks to sphereii the crafting lag is much much better, users will notice that there are now sometimes categories in the modded workbenches, and the "all" tab is on the right side of the crafting tabs. this means when you open a workbench initially, you're not loading in every recipe it offers off the bat.

and thanks to tormentedemu, eating and drinking in menus isn't quite as devastating, but still tread carefully.

and reminder to those with discord, feel free to join us over there, tons of helpful people and info laying around

https://discord.gg/0uy8OaV8YAMGZKeS

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

- - - Updated - - -

it's still recommended to use any consumables (food/books/meds) carefully, but thanks to sphereii the crafting lag is much much better, users will notice that there are now sometimes categories in the modded workbenches, and the "all" tab is on the right side of the crafting tabs. this means when you open a workbench initially, you're not loading in every recipe it offers off the bat.

and thanks to tormentedemu, eating and drinking in menus isn't quite as devastating, but still tread carefully.

and reminder to those with discord, feel free to join us over there, tons of helpful people and info laying around

Heyas, glad its helping out, but does it still not work sometimes? Or tread carefully for what? :)

Cheers

Good morning, I want to ask some questions about the MOD Ravenhearst that I am in doubt.

With as many MODs Good at present as (STARVATION, TRUE SURVIVAL, WotW's, Valmod among others ...)

1st Where does Ravenhearst stand out among other MODs?

I see that the zombies do not always come to attack my base even if I shoot or make a lot of noise, I notice that they only attack when they are Horde of Heat or Horde that are passing close, would have some way to modify in the Spawn.xml to make the zombies always attack your base?

3rd Has boss at Ravenhearst? if yes they only attack on the blood moon?

4. What is the best way to configure a server to go insane?

6th Ravenhearst can raise some animal in captivity?

7th For future projects which way the Ravenhearst is wanting to follow, an insane MOD, but survival, but caution to walk on the map, leave more scarce food?

8th Ravenhearst foods, are easy to get by looting the houses or more difficult, making you prioritize a farm?

9th In Ravenhearst after day 49 is the game more insane or still in the same rhythm as the previous days?

10th In version 3.0 of Ravenhearst do you think of modifying something to make the game more insane and making people scared with each action to survive?

11؛ Which MOD follows the thought that every action in the game can hinder its survival, affecting its game.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the help everyone. it seems you have to have at least one of the three tools to do charred meat in either campfire.

thanks for the help everyone. it seems you have to have at least one of the three tools to do charred meat in either campfire.

heya, i'm afraid your mod did not install properly, you do not need a tool in EITHER campfire to cook charred meat.

i don't think you even need a tool on vanilla to cook charred meat.

ed4fd4c2dd.jpg

heya, i'm afraid your mod did not install properly, you do not need a tool in EITHER campfire to cook charred meat.

i don't think you even need a tool on vanilla to cook charred meat.

ed4fd4c2dd.jpg

That sucks. I guess ill spend another 2 hrs re-installing it. (Slow as crap internet connection) You dont in vanilla and when i watched Games4Kickz play this mod he didnt either which is why i was so confused.

Hey Richstamp2 sorry for the conflicting info, I was incorrect earlier! I've had a look at it again and as of 2.2 you can indeed make charred meat in a basic campfire without any tools, despite it's description suggesting you need an advanced campfire. The item descriptions are being worked on for future versions ofcourse so that's nothing to report.

So currently an advanced campfire will allow you access to boiled meat and the barbecue grill gets you to grilled meat. Just to be confusing though, you can make grilled steak at the advanced campfire (using meat strips cut at the prep table).. but not at the bbq :p

edit: wasn't paying attention, sinda got there first, my bad