A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

So I put this up on my dedi. It just stays in initializing forever with this as the last log entry:

2017-11-09T21:13:43 56.688 INF StartAsServer
2017-11-09T21:13:44 56.836 INF createWorld: Random Gen, DOBStarvation, GameModeSurvivalMP
Exception: Block with name 'lootRad' not found!
 at WorldBiomes.KH (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes.NH (Byte , System.String , System.Xml.XmlElement , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+BI.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

So I put this up on my dedi. It just stays in initializing forever with this as the last log entry:

2017-11-09T21:13:44 56.836 INF createWorld: Random Gen, DOBStarvation, GameModeSurvivalMP
 at WorldBiomes.AH (System.Xml.XmlDocument , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldBiomes..ctor (System.Xml.XmlDocument _genxml, Boolean _instantiateReferences) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Is this an actual dedi using the Steamcmd dedi build, or is that a client load on a dedicated server?

Helping

Ok i'm having a trouble with the farmer.

I was able to place the farmer once and it worked until it disappeared, might have been damaged.

So i tried to place another farmer but with no luck as it gave 2 errors and the farmer wouldn't work.

So I tried that 3 more times at different locations and still no luck! and always giving me the same error.

I looked at the 7D2D RAT I have and noticed that it was spamming an error, error in picture included.

So I ask, what is the problem?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23252[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Upgrade the Farmbox with Ice.

That helps to do the Farmer his job.

Hey guys... We are still making a run with this, and linking a lot of the additions.

I checked the wiki and most of the thread, but we can't figure out how to tame a pig, or a dog.

We made the whip for the pig, but using it on them just seems to kill them. Same thing with the noose for the dog.

Is there a yt video showing some one actually taking something?

I also noticed posts earlier in the thread mentioning a new hud with food and water on it.

Did that not make the 16.4 release?

Going to go try to take some animals... Man, the meat is piling up!

Yeah I have the same question about taming whip.

Got it at 600 with 100% tame skill.

So far got:

* Zombie bear (by killing one at start just few times hit him with the whip)

* Many dogs- dogs are taming good- get them 100%.

* 1 Albino Hyena- got it with the whip.

All rest of farming animals just die. Including pigs, sheep, cows etc.

How is the whip supposed to work?! I thought 100% chance is 100% no?

Hey guys... We are still making a run with this, and linking a lot of the additions.

I checked the wiki and most of the thread, but we can't figure out how to tame a pig, or a dog.

We made the whip for the pig, but using it on them just seems to kill them. Same thing with the noose for the dog.

Yes there is a chance that animal will die. Especially with low level whip. I get my pig after 5 or 6 dead animals. From my observation I see also that between hits it is good to make 1-2 seconds brake. Constant hitting animal with whip is killing it (but it is my observation maybe I'm wrong)

I also noticed posts earlier in the thread mentioning a new hud with food and water on it.

When you begin , you have a husbandry skill of 1 ,so you will probably kill most animals , when it goes up , you will have more success in taking animals . For the dogs you can only take the German Shepard and for this you don't use the whip but some dog staff , or something like this

Hi Guys,

Have a weird bug ever since installing Starvation. I use the Mod Launcher and had WotW running from it but then downloaded Starvation. What its done is to turn my avatar invisible so on the profile screen and when riding a mini bike it looks weird as any are not covered by clothing is see through. It has no effect on gfameplay at all, the zombies, animals etc can see me without any issue. The bug also affects WotW in the same way. As I said it doesnt affect gameplay in any way shape or form but thought it worth reporting back to you.

Thank you for the Mod its absolutely brutal! :)

good day. not see the skills of your mod. start via mod launcher. visible only to the classic skills. with manual search finds them. StarvationLauncher from your website nothing updates. and says no Internet connection...

Two things to try:

1) click on Disable SSL, and restart the Mod Launcher, and try again.

If that does not work:

1) Click on Direct Download

2) Test Mod Sync

3) Uncheck Refresh Mods Automatically

4) Press Play

Level up your skill a bit by bashing some blocks with your whip/staff first and you will be good to go.

Does anyone know what the issue is here?

regarding the pistol, i think it's because you don't need to read any gun book in this mod, all gun can be assembled in the weapon workbench, perhaps the dev forgot to take out the pistol book recipe from the game.

Yeah, that must be it. Thanks! :)

Zombies standing around after dying is a vanilla bug, but I've definitely noticed it happening a lot more since 16.4. Don't know if the mod is causing it to happen more frequently as I haven't touched vanilla since 16.2.

Yeah, I know. But this is even stranger. It is like they just stand there without dying and sometimes you have to go whack them to die and then you get exp and can loot them. This did not happen in A16.3 atleast. Maybe it is a A16.4 vanilla bug.

Another problem I have ran into. Stress resistence seems to be bugged for me. Cause it does not even advance the slightest and I am on day 50. Any ideas why?

Is the latest Starvation compatible with Alpha 16.3?

No, it's 16.4 only

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys,

Have a weird bug ever since installing Starvation. I use the Mod Launcher and had WotW running from it but then downloaded Starvation. What its done is to turn my avatar invisible so on the profile screen and when riding a mini bike it looks weird as any are not covered by clothing is see through. It has no effect on gfameplay at all, the zombies, animals etc can see me without any issue. The bug also affects WotW in the same way. As I said it doesnt affect gameplay in any way shape or form but thought it worth reporting back to you.

Thank you for the Mod its absolutely brutal! :)

Most invisible type issues are due to running out of video ram. Lower texture size and retry.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a post about running Starvation on Linux. Should be on this thread or pinned in the Starvation public Discord.

Starvation A16 is not yet complied or supported for Linux and the windows server files will not work as is on linux

Bela Lugosi was able to do some work arounds and got it working on linux. He explains what he did in the following post and he also provides the edited files for download:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?75797-WIP-STARVATION-Mod-for-A16&p=752646&viewfull=1#post752646

Another pet question.... I was luck enough to get a panther cub. I made a toy to toss and he should bring it back.... Instead, he went and ate it without returning it.

Do I have to check his inventory somehow to retrieve it, or can you not play fetch with panthers?

Also, how do I feed him? Same as with the dog, or is he care free?