A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

PBI: I have the worst stutter whenever I'm near mod POIs, I suspect it's some of the custom assets like the church fog and cooling towers with smoke that cause the issues. It's so bad that I try to avoid them completely and not build in the same cell.

PBI: I have the worst stutter whenever I'm near mod POIs, I suspect it's some of the custom assets like the church fog and cooling towers with smoke that cause the issues. It's so bad that I try to avoid them completely and not build in the same cell.

Details are helpful. I can fix the effects that are causing issues if I know that they can be reproduced.

Possible bugs report

:

Mechanic crafter: doesn't learn some of the automatic rifles and apparently teaching the revolver don't make it assemble it like other weapons but asks for raw mats.

Smith crafter: I've seen the list in wiki but don't understand he don't want to learn and craft basic tools..just the gardening hoe that's pretty useless since you use it maybe once per game and some of the steel tools.. crafting wrench is so expensive. .It just easier to buy one high level and repair with workbench or with lower one looted..

Still confused on the breeding mechanics: I've pens for all animals..cows and sheep's are working..pigs don't . .

Screamer: are those vanilla or you modded them to act like feral or something all the time? They seems to see me and so they scream and call for horde even if I'm underground..I'm living with horde on the head all the time I'm in the Base.. impossible to start building above ground..

Generators: I know there are also big diesel generators but the gas consumption of just one fridge seems to me a bit too much demanding..with the 1500 one I can barely make it last 1 real day on a dedicated server I play on.. no light or traps or whatsoever..just a fridge to keep fed those npc

Garage: I'm trying to put it on a tunnel made of stone on ground and sides..it's huge..it's 6 7 blocks wide? Anyway I can't place it..it gives 2 errors..one says I need air blocks to side and another I need solid blocks.. so apparently it just don't want to get placed whatever I do.. how big is? What to do?

Solar bank: as for now I never saw one.. is on loot table or just on the secret stash? Could be missing like it was the electricity book?

Not a bug but a question: the crafting npc stations works as a single blocks? My problem is I was finally redoing the floor but I'm scared to dig below them.. they are maxed out and the mechanics can craft almost all weapons at 600 and have learned solar cell..I'd die if I've to start that all over again.. it's possible to use a frame trick placing it to the side so it doesn't fall down if I dig the stone and replace it with block? The npc is just part of the animated block of the station or if I dig under his feet it falls down and I won't be able to place the block?

Last question for now I promise!:

It's only me annoyed with the weapons station assemble mechanics? I like the idea I can't repair while out of the Base. .but I was wondering if it's possible to make it stay in the station once you complete the weapon..every time it swap inventory and u need to close and reopen the station.. once I was able to assemble all what I've had in the bag without this problem and was so great!

Possible bugs report

:

Mechanic crafter: doesn't learn some of the automatic rifles and apparently teaching the revolver don't make it assemble it like other weapons but asks for raw mats.

Smith crafter: I've seen the list in wiki but don't understand he don't want to learn and craft basic tools..just the gardening hoe that's pretty useless since you use it maybe once per game and some of the steel tools.. crafting wrench is so expensive. .It just easier to buy one high level and repair with workbench or with lower one looted..

Still confused on the breeding mechanics: I've pens for all animals..cows and sheep's are working..pigs don't . .

Screamer: are those vanilla or you modded them to act like feral or something all the time? They seems to see me and so they scream and call for horde even if I'm underground..I'm living with horde on the head all the time I'm in the Base.. impossible to start building above ground..

Generators: I know there are also big diesel generators but the gas consumption of just one fridge seems to me a bit too much demanding..with the 1500 one I can barely make it last 1 real day on a dedicated server I play on.. no light or traps or whatsoever..just a fridge to keep fed those npc

Garage: I'm trying to put it on a tunnel made of stone on ground and sides..it's huge..it's 6 7 blocks wide? Anyway I can't place it..it gives 2 errors..one says I need air blocks to side and another I need solid blocks.. so apparently it just don't want to get placed whatever I do.. how big is? What to do?

Solar bank: as for now I never saw one.. is on loot table or just on the secret stash? Could be missing like it was the electricity book?

Not a bug but a question: the crafting npc stations works as a single blocks? My problem is I was finally redoing the floor but I'm scared to dig below them.. they are maxed out and the mechanics can craft almost all weapons at 600 and have learned solar cell..I'd die if I've to start that all over again.. it's possible to use a frame trick placing it to the side so it doesn't fall down if I dig the stone and replace it with block? The npc is just part of the animated block of the station or if I dig under his feet it falls down and I won't be able to place the block?

Last question for now I promise!:

It's only me annoyed with the weapons station assemble mechanics? I like the idea I can't repair while out of the Base. .but I was wondering if it's possible to make it stay in the station once you complete the weapon..every time it swap inventory and u need to close and reopen the station.. once I was able to assemble all what I've had in the bag without this problem and was so great!

Backup your savegame then try it out in terms of digging under the crafters.

I suspect they will be destroyed no matter how you box them in.

Ok thanks Im trying out different graphics setups to see if that affects things.

In the meantime a rather odd bug. My character got full eating a meat pie and since then has stayed at 100% fullness forever....

Any idea what might be causing that?

Depends on what you mean by forever. You can be more than 100 percent full, the ui just wont show more than 100. Till the excess ticksdown you might think its stuck at 100.

Can anyone answer a couple farming questions for me?

1. How many blocks away from a water source can a plant grow? Or in other words how far does a water block extend when growing plants?

2. How many blocks does the insect repellent light extend to protect plants?

3. Does the same apply to the rodent repellent device?

Depends on what you mean by forever. You can be more than 100 percent full, the ui just wont show more than 100. Till the excess ticksdown you might think its stuck at 100.

Hmm, interesting didnt know that. It stayed at 100 for a full day. I used the starve command in console to bring it down to zero then ate a few fruits up to 8%. It then stay at 8% for about half an in-game day not budging at all. Either its broken, or is it possible the excess from the 100 was still there hidden even after I artificially dropped it down to zero?

Hmm, interesting didnt know that. It stayed at 100 for a full day. I used the starve command in console to bring it down to zero then ate a few fruits up to 8%. It then stay at 8% for about half an in-game day not budging at all. Either its broken, or is it possible the excess from the 100 was still there hidden even after I artificially dropped it down to zero?

It is possible that this mechanism is "stuck". I have had that happen rarely when playing on dedi servers that have been updated but the world not restarted after that update. It has always sorted itself out in time though.

Hey all!

What is the range for parent via heat and gas pipes? (this case gas)

w2hzxv.png

I am placing gas pipes every 9 pipes a valve- then "Parent not defined" about 60 or 70 blocks away.

This is the setup I'm using: (on the cross section in wall there is a valve then a 90 pipe and out it goes)

2nityr5.png

The whole idea is for this whole section to work (burn baby burn!...)

2ql69nd.png

And In the screenshot those all fire traps do work.

However half way there to the left- it does not work.

It starts saying "Parent not defined" (all is connected) So I had to do this:

16jpmc0.png

I cut out 3 pipes. Sure okey its working a bit over half I think. I go to the other side- build mirror setup and vola:

acyfiw.png

Some traps trigger some don't. It goes even so 8 traps trigger 9th does not. You replace the pipe under with a new one- it triggers but if you move on- it does not. So appreciated any input in this.

Howdy. I am trying to set up a hosted server for some friends and myself to play on and I can't seem to find a way around, or any current forum articles to help with, the issue that has me stumped.

I am using the Mod Launcher and the files downloaded from those links and the server files from github.

I am assuming they are all current and properly put together to work.

Yet, while logging in I get an "Exception: block with name 'iodineOre' not found" error and from that point it is just eternal loading.

Any help would be great.

I rented a hosted server on a service I have used for a while and have never had any issue with any other game or mod.

For this though they told me I would have to ask the mod author for help which is disappointing.

TY and Be Well! <3

Hi Zingo,

from my previous post:

>>the fire traps bugs, i've had it as well. it seems you must put the gas pipe in a very neatly order from the main source gas tank to prevent the game from being confused by how the energy gas flowing from the main gas tank.

for example, before i put the gas-pipe line in somewhat like following order :

----------------------1---2---3---4

gas tank=======10-11--12--5

----------------------9---8---7---6

and that bug changing firetrap into gas pipe randomly appear, and only a few random of the fire-trap are working, the rest of it are not active. i also got some message "cannot define main energy" or something like that when stepping in some of the fire-trap.

but later when i wrenching back all the pipe and i re-put the gas pipe line again in a more neatly order :

--------------------- 1----2---3---4

gas tank ====== 5----6---7---8

--------------------- 9----10--11-12

all fire-trap can work properly now.

Hi Zingo,

from my previous post:

>>the fire traps bugs, i've had it as well. it seems you must put the gas pipe in a very neatly order from the main source gas tank to prevent the game from being confused by how the energy gas flowing from the main gas tank.

for example, before i put the gas-pipe line in somewhat like following order :

----------------------1---2---3---4

gas tank=======10-11--12--5

----------------------9---8---7---6

and that bug changing firetrap into gas pipe randomly appear, and only a few random of the fire-trap are working, the rest of it are not active. i also got some message "cannot define main energy" or something like that when stepping in some of the fire-trap.

but later when i wrenching back all the pipe and i re-put the gas pipe line again in a more neatly order :

--------------------- 1----2---3---4

gas tank ====== 5----6---7---8

--------------------- 9----10--11-12

all fire-trap can work properly now.

Ye tried messing with it for a while- If i replace connections and stuff- it semi/works.

I was wondering If there is a limit on the actual system (gas/heat) in same chunk or (on chunk boarder where i had to cut it up). Obviously there is a top ceiling- lets call it maxed out- despite wiki saying you can do this forever.

I'm not sure but I think If i have 1 maxed system (in picture those working traps) it will interfere with the next system in same/ neighbor chunk. The problem is I need total of 8 sections and this is a bummer now :(

Edited by zingo2 (see edit history)

Hi, we've got a big problem on our server with the farmer station atm.

When we open it at the first time, we get an error and after this we can't assign the farmer to a working task.

Also seeds are not clickable.

Here's the screenshot:

20171119104513_1.jpg.59ef9fc043b3fdbe5ea71e5d172bacd0.jpg

ArgumentException: Getting control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting

Edited by Darehitorimo (see edit history)