A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

I think animal spawn rate is fine... At least it's better than seeing 50 more of the same 10 zombies. Large boulders and barbed wire fences are your freinds, and you need the meat from them.

I have that pet panther... I can't play with him because he eats the toy... Do I do anything with him at all? Do I even feed him?

Gunshot soundloop

Hi Guys,

i absolutely love this mod but unfortunately we're experiencing a very annoying issue on our Server.

When aiming (through any scope)and shooting with an HK or an MTAR the shooting sound plays in an endless loop unless the User switch to a different Item.

I already tried to uncomment the sound_start, _repeat and _end to completely disable the sounds, but unfortunately this doesn't help.

The mod is running on a Windows Machine via the startdedicated.bat. Just a few edits to the items and recipes. Added possibility to create oilbarrel from gascan and back and added the chainlinks to the recipes. Nothing that should cause this issue.

Clients downloaded the mod via the 7d2dlauncher and got a fresh installation through steam.

We did not test all weapons and modifications, but i'm pretty shure this also happens with the PSG.

Can anyone tell me how to temporarly disable the gunsounds as a workaround? We rather play with no gunsound than this soundloop.

Or maybe an Idea how to fix the issue?

Hi Guys,

i absolutely love this mod but unfortunately we're experiencing a very annoying issue on our Server.

When aiming (through any scope)and shooting with an HK or an MTAR the shooting sound plays in an endless loop unless the User switch to a different Item.

I already tried to uncomment the sound_start, _repeat and _end to completely disable the sounds, but unfortunately this doesn't help.

The mod is running on a Windows Machine via the startdedicated.bat. Just a few edits to the items and recipes. Added possibility to create oilbarrel from gascan and back and added the chainlinks to the recipes. Nothing that should cause this issue.

Clients downloaded the mod via the 7d2dlauncher and got a fresh installation through steam.

We did not test all weapons and modifications, but i'm pretty shure this also happens with the PSG.

Can anyone tell me how to temporarly disable the gunsounds as a workaround? We rather play with no gunsound than this soundloop.

Or maybe an Idea how to fix the issue?

I switched to the dedicated server build now via the steamcmd. Seems as if the issue is gone.

No, it's 16.4 only

- - - Updated - - -

Most invisible type issues are due to running out of video ram. Lower texture size and retry.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a post about running Starvation on Linux. Should be on this thread or pinned in the Starvation public Discord.

where is the starvation public discord?

So I downloaded the ServerMod from GitHub (zip file download) and loaded it up on my bluefang server. Server kept restarting and the output log gave the following error:

The file 'C:/<pathedited>/7DaysToDieServer_Data/level0' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename:  Line: 223)

UnloadTime: 0.812937 ms
HDR Render Texture not supported, disabling HDR on reflection probe.

(Filename:  Line: 257)

Platform assembly: C:\<pathedited>\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\SDX.Payload.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\<pathedited>\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\SDX.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
SDX:  SDX detected base game directory as: C:\<pathedited>\

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX:  Could not find sdx config file: ''. Using default settings

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX: Mod Engine Started.

So I'm taking the contents of the "7DaysToDieServer_Data" folder and uploading it directly to my server. Only the files, not the sub folders. I noticed that the files in this folder aren't a part of the ServerMod download from Git. I assume they're generated. Didn't work...

Here's my output log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/de66i869v9octwh/output_log_starvation.txt?dl=0

---- UPDATE: FIXED? ----

Kind of figured it out. After several reinstalls on my hosted server, multiple trimming out installed files (deleting folders, folder contents, etc), it seems like even after updating to A16.4, with Verify Files enabled, some files aren't compatible with the mod. Whatever the case, after wiping the server, all installed files, and then reinstalling on the server, I was able to get the server started. Haven't started playing yet. That'll come later tonight. But at least I'm past this point.

Hosting Provider: Bluefang Solutions

Is that a windows server you are on? All the 7DTD vanilla files are compatible with the mod and the mod compatible with 16.4. These files are complied for windows servers and all you should have to do is copy them in over your clean vanilla installation. If you start deleting folders and removing files - it definitely will not work

Edited by rentechd (see edit history)

Extreme bug

Hi Guys,

Your mod is so beautiful.

But I ask for help with a bad bug.

I have 2 NPC guards, one of them has another SMG gun.

Sometimes when zombies come and the guards shoot, the console opens up.

I can not get out of the console and it just helps to close the game.

Please check that and I hope in the next update this bug will be fixed.

Thanks and again great work with the mod.

Greetings asrac

ArgumentException

I have a friend trying to play this mod but keeps getting ....

ArgumentException: The requested value 'Sanity' was not found.

... and that's as far the loading goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7D2D has been uninstalled / reinstalled, used launcher to make a directory just for the game.

I have a friend trying to play this mod but keeps getting ....

ArgumentException: The requested value 'Sanity' was not found.

... and that's as far the loading goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7D2D has been uninstalled / reinstalled, used launcher to make a directory just for the game.

Without seeing his complete logfile, we cannot help. All that message means is "The mod didn't install correctly", with no clue what he did wrong.

Sniper Scope attachment for PSG is already include Laser sight. while the Laser Sight attachment, didn't do anything if attached to the PSG. which render the Laser Sight attachment is useless. i think this is overlooked probably.

Yes, I noticed that too. They probably know it needs fixing. One thing that bothers me is that the red dot is too large and you cannot aim properly. I think the original sniper rifle zoom overlay is way better. The sound is also a bit way too loud, so I removed that sound and replaced it with the standard sniper sound. I guess to change the zoom overlay you need to do make changes in the asset resources.

My first look at new Starvation:

- Tomahawk nerfed - description says it 100% stun chance, but in v16 it no more stun zombies.

- Advanced crossbow - Wow, it so OP! Im on difficulty 5, and one headshot decapitate almost every regular zombie, including fatties.

- Modified zombies are cool! Looks like they now have affixes like Diablo mobs: extra strong, tank, extra fast, etc. (But possible it was only becouse server lags...)

- Almost all campfire recipes moved to Big Oven, and now it become useful! At least I may boil water without campfire! Thanks a lot!

- flu mechanics reworked, thanks, now it looks more legit, swimming now allowed ^^

Dark side

- Dedi servers very lagging much harder then A15... and snakes and running zombies looks like teleporting. Spawn zombies have high delay, few times I die when open inventory in the middle of street, cleared from zombies, checked twice streets clear, and in next 1-2 seconds got death stunlock from spawned zombie.

- Bug with hazmat suit: Body part dissappear on equipping. Completely. First time tried equipping with hotkey, second with Shift+click. It just dissappear both times.

My pacco deagle turned 600.. not sure if that happens coze I've flashlight and silencer attached or when I repaired it. .I noticed that just the next login..

Smith crafter seems don't unlock the fluorescent light..it's lev 15 and all the other recipe are craftable. .

I've managed to teach mechanic many weapons and the solar panel.. still have to find the solar thing where to put panels to teach it aswell..never saw one. .

Question about the power plants , I put the rings and Enriched Uranium in the core and then turned on the Turbins am i missing something because i am not getting plutonium

- - - Updated - - -

My pacco deagle turned 600.. not sure if that happens coze I've flashlight and silencer attached or when I repaired it. .I noticed that just the next login..

Smith crafter seems don't unlock the fluorescent light..it's lev 15 and all the other recipe are craftable. .

I've managed to teach mechanic many weapons and the solar panel.. still have to find the solar thing where to put panels to teach it aswell..never saw one. .

mine did the same thing when i repaired it ... i was bumbed such a large jump from 700 to 600

First time install *fixed

I'm installing the MOD for the first time. I used the 7d2d launcher and it just played Vanilla. I read the posts and uninstalled the main game and the Wotw MOD and did a fresh install and it still won't play. What am I doing wrong?

7D2DLauncher

https://pastebin.com/Rg01BYq6

output

https://pastebin.com/EhueGb26

Thank you for any help

Update: I removed all the game files for the game and reinstalled it fresh again and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you for all the answers in the previous posts, this helped me tremendously... BTW, great mod! You guys are awesome

Edited by ConqueringLife (see edit history)

Found Pacco's village, what a neat place. The butterflies flying around are a nice touch, along with the computer equipment. Still working on opening his game room.

WHAT!!!! Is it on every RWG somewhere?

Also, I asked on Discord but I don't think anyone caught it, How do you make Rubber?

Edited by Rags
added question about rubber. (see edit history)

WHAT!!!! Is it on every RWG somewhere?

Also, I asked on Discord but I don't think anyone caught it, How do you make Rubber?

yes, definitely on every RWG somewhere, since there's a quest for it. it's place is similar like the snow trader in Navezgane map (the trader with the underground well access), only it have butterflies around the encampment and inside the trader building have different furnitures.

to make Rubber, use cornmeal and bottled water in campfire if i'm not mistaken. there should be the recipe available in the tab crafting window.

I found the nuclear power plant! Yay!

But now the military truck has given me radiation sickness... CRAP! I never realised it did that (I guess the first time I found the plant last time it was in the rad zone and I had all the gear on... DOH!)

I was wondering what the varying degrees of radiation sickness actually do? I think I may be quite lucky as I'm JUST about able to craft steel so can get the science station (I already found the anti-rad therapy book)

Currently I'm at 27% but not seeing any negative effects... yet. I'm scared... :D

I found the nuclear power plant! Yay!

But now the military truck has given me radiation sickness... CRAP! I never realised it did that (I guess the first time I found the plant last time it was in the rad zone and I had all the gear on... DOH!)

I was wondering what the varying degrees of radiation sickness actually do? I think I may be quite lucky as I'm JUST about able to craft steel so can get the science station (I already found the anti-rad therapy book)

Currently I'm at 27% but not seeing any negative effects... yet. I'm scared... :D

i think you'll just die at 100%

Dog/pet taming & Farm Station Problems

hi there,

We are currently playing on a server with starvation mod and we have the following problems.

some players are unable to tame animals with the pet collar.

even on the single player mode, it is not possible. After reinstalling it was possible, but only in single player mode.

some players are not able to

run the Farm Station even on the single-player mode.

after reinstalling it is still not possible.