A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Trying to make some sunflower oil and when I put the mortar and pedestal thing down only option I have is E to pick it up what am i doing wrong ?

put them in ur toolbar and either right click or left click on the mortar n pestal I forget which it is.

so, i've updated the server and client abd sow every time i go to access a box etc I get pretty red writing in the console... I also tried starting a new character thinking that aybe it was a character based error and with the second charachter I don't even get the option to search anything, press E to access does'nt even appear... what the hell have I done?

Trying to make some sunflower oil and when I put the mortar and pedestal thing down only option I have is E to pick it up what am i doing wrong ?

Put the mortar and pestle on your tool bar, place it on the ground or some surface.

Place the sunflower seeds on your toolbar, only as many as you want to convert.

Point at the mortar and pestle and left-click. The entire stack will be converted.

Same process as cutting up fish, and making flour.

Warning on DS With 16.0.0.26

Thanks guys!

Noticed this warning starting my DS after updating to 16.0.0.26, A16.4. Haven't noticed any issues ingame yet.

2017-11-01 17:51:29	69.908	Warning	Sprite chains has incorrect resolution 80*116, expected 116*80

I'm still pretty new to modding 7DTD. I have a Bluefang server I'm running the mod on. Was using the 16.3 version but wanna update since the mod updated.

Is there anything special I need to do? Just update my server to 16.4 and then let steam update my game? Don't wanna screw anything up.

With 3-4K hours into 7D2D with half being in SDX, I think I have largely perfected base design.

First rule for me is NO underground bases. I dig mines for the resources but my base is usually above ground.

That being said, with A16 you simply have to build some sort of killing defense or you get overrun with the endless Scout hordes.

I like smart perimeter designs that control and funnel the zombies rather than simply create obstructions for them to destroy and die on.

I found that a moat perimeter allows the best control of where zombies go as zombies will generally avoid a hole they cannot climb out of. So a moat usually 2 blocks in depth will do, and then just a couple points where the zombies can get through to your base are best. They will funnel right to a killing point.

2017-11-01_193328.jpg

I set up this killing pathway on all four sides and had zero zombies get past it on horde night 21, hardest difficulty.

2017-11-01_193605.jpg

2017-11-01_193443.jpg

I'm still pretty new to modding 7DTD. I have a Bluefang server I'm running the mod on. Was using the 16.3 version but wanna update since the mod updated.

Is there anything special I need to do? Just update my server to 16.4 and then let steam update my game? Don't wanna screw anything up.

This is a me-too; I have a 16.3 server that was working with the 16.3 version of starvation, and want to update it to the 16.4 version. I'm also hosting at bluefang, which provides ftp access only (can't run the launcher).

I guess the safest thing to do is to wipe the install, update to 7dtd 16.4, then install the latest version of starvation fresh. But I'm hoping there is a better/easier way? Any hints would be appreciated.

Well, I don't wanna wipe the server.

Does the 7DTD mod launcher auto update mods? I didn't mess with my server and when I tried to join it said the server was 16.3 but my game is 16.4. It was working this morning before the mod updated.

Running SDX from the spireli launcher automatically updates your client to the latest SDX build. And in this case it was the 16.4 compliant release. Which is Client 16.0.0.26. it now requires the server to be at 16.4.

2017-11-01_205925.thumb.jpg.909b9defd9fafa3ebb3222d9078e5d80.jpg

So your server needs to be updated to 16.4. Updating a server files should do zero to any saved world.

If you do not understand how to update the server then you need to dig deeper.

If you have a hosted server, that you can FTP to, get the latest game files from the github location (click the green "clone or download" link) then FTP them to your server. Only the three folders included in the download ZIP file from Github.

2017-11-01_210545.thumb.jpg.d51f7fe046081204398ba98b7f8b6c9c.jpg

Edited by zewtastic (see edit history)

I know how to update it. But once I updated it now it doesn't seem to wanna launch. Probably gonna have to wipe it and start over.

They really need to work on their modding set up. Haha.

This has nothing to do with the modders. This is something you need to take up with Pimps. That said usually you do not have to wipe. But with SDX sometimes a new version number does require it. You can turn off automatic mod updating in the launcher.

Thanks Zewtastic for the update instructions; my server and its users are happy. :) I wish I didn't have to re-upload the entire mod (my upstream bandwidth is pretty bad), but that's just my own fault for not knowing git well enough to make it fetch only the changed files for me. I'll learn one of these days. :)

Zewtastic -------

Wow that's an impressive compound you have there!

I not got around making such a indeph base myself, I tend to find it tricky to find one good location as I tend to keep on the move and exploring my environment for loot.

Probably just my style of play.

Thanks jay.

I have about 3000+ hours in, and at least half with SDX so hopefully I would eventually learn something. :)

That location was extremely lucky. Next to a Trader with a working forge and mixer, next to a water source, near a town and a 2nd biome with Nitrate and Lead. The build is actually a retrofit of a house that used to be there. In Starvation I always find a safe house to kill stuff from height. Zero deaths is always the goal. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Zewtastic for the update instructions; my server and its users are happy. :) I wish I didn't have to re-upload the entire mod (my upstream bandwidth is pretty bad), but that's just my own fault for not knowing git well enough to make it fetch only the changed files for me. I'll learn one of these days. :)

Great Strask.

I have the luxury(well it costs me $100/mo.) of a lot of bandwidth up and down, which is why I run my dedicated servers from home. :)

I just updated. I got into my 16.3 game and the only thing wrong is all my generators are missing their engines. (Edit: also shotgun traps missing ammo)All crafting stations loot chests etc were unaffected. Is it recommended to start a new game with this version?

Edited by DangerGirl Forever (see edit history)

This has nothing to do with the modders. This is something you need to take up with Pimps. That said usually you do not have to wipe. But with SDX sometimes a new version number does require it. You can turn off automatic mod updating in the launcher.

That's who I meant by "They". Sorry, reading it back I see it wasn't very clear.

Fun math

I know this is starvation mod and I love it to death, and I'm having an amazing time. But let's look at the altered cost of forged steel. A stack of forged steel costs 37,500 iron at 75 per piece. That's 6300 raw iron which takes over 500 minutes to forge in without splitting it up.

So let's say you want to make 150 forged steel spikes, it costs 12000 iron to make them and upgrade them to the second level, and 112,500 in iron for the 1500 forged steel. That's almost 21 stacks of 1200 raw iron at 6000 per stack. And remember that it takes a 100 mins per stack to forge it in. I'm also not looking at the coal or the clay required. And the that it's 33% cheaper to turn it into scrap steel then forge it back in and use the scrap steel to make forged steel.

Hey guys, I'd like to congratulate the team for such an amazing mod, I've been having a blast, the game is hard and exciting all over again, hehe. I love all the different features and ideas, thanks a lot for your hard work. :smile-new:

I would like to report what seem to be bugs, although they may belong to the game itself or I may be just wrong, but in the spirit of helping out:

1- Food, tea and other edibles don't seem to spoil on the campfire.

2- There's a quest that involves crafting a Chemistry Station, however, it happened to me that since I wasn't watching it getting crafted on the workbench, it did not count. I crafted a second one, this time watching it, and it worked. Perhaps this could be changed to "grab" instead of "craft"? I know they can be bought, I think, but since they can't be obtained by disassembling anymore, the chances of getting one instead of crafting one from scratch are rather small.

3- I keep running into this issue where zombies hit me and I instantly get Infection level 2. I noticed this only happens after: I had been infected, and I cured myself using honey or antibiotics... even if I have the infection immunity that antibiotics provide for a while, there's a chance of getting an infection again, and directly at level 2. Has anybody else had this happen to them? It's been about 4 or 5 times for me.

4- I am probably doing something wrong, but I can't smelt sand anymore in the forge, but the glass recipe is there. What am I missing?

A couple of questions regarding feeding yourself, will the number of friendly animals be reduced? My base is set up near the desert, and it's crawling with pigs, which means a lot of meat and also leather for selling.

And, will fruit trees get a disease or pest eventually? I find it's too easy to obtain food from them currently. Just an idea though.

Thanks for taking your time reading this.

With 3-4K hours into 7D2D with half being in SDX, I think I have largely perfected base design.

First rule for me is NO underground bases. I dig mines for the resources but my base is usually above ground.

That being said, with A16 you simply have to build some sort of killing defense or you get overrun with the endless Scout hordes.

I like smart perimeter designs that control and funnel the zombies rather than simply create obstructions for them to destroy and die on.

I found that a moat perimeter allows the best control of where zombies go as zombies will generally avoid a hole they cannot climb out of. So a moat usually 2 blocks in depth will do, and then just a couple points where the zombies can get through to your base are best. They will funnel right to a killing point.

2017-11-01_193328.jpg

I set up this killing pathway on all four sides and had zero zombies get past it on horde night 21, hardest difficulty.

2017-11-01_193605.jpg

2017-11-01_193443.jpg

Links to pics wont load

Hey guys, I'd like to congratulate the team for such an amazing mod, I've been having a blast, the game is hard and exciting all over again, hehe. I love all the different features and ideas, thanks a lot for your hard work. :smile-new:

I would like to report what seem to be bugs, although they may belong to the game itself or I may be just wrong, but in the spirit of helping out:

1- Food, tea and other edibles don't seem to spoil on the campfire.

2- There's a quest that involves crafting a Chemistry Station, however, it happened to me that since I wasn't watching it getting crafted on the workbench, it did not count. I crafted a second one, this time watching it, and it worked. Perhaps this could be changed to "grab" instead of "craft"? I know they can be bought, I think, but since they can't be obtained by disassembling anymore, the chances of getting one instead of crafting one from scratch are rather small.

3- I keep running into this issue where zombies hit me and I instantly get Infection level 2. I noticed this only happens after: I had been infected, and I cured myself using honey or antibiotics... even if I have the infection immunity that antibiotics provide for a while, there's a chance of getting an infection again, and directly at level 2. Has anybody else had this happen to them? It's been about 4 or 5 times for me.

4- I am probably doing something wrong, but I can't smelt sand anymore in the forge, but the glass recipe is there. What am I missing?

A couple of questions regarding feeding yourself, will the number of friendly animals be reduced? My base is set up near the desert, and it's crawling with pigs, which means a lot of meat and also leather for selling.

And, will fruit trees get a disease or pest eventually? I find it's too easy to obtain food from them currently. Just an idea though.

Thanks for taking your time reading this.

1- yeah, the campfire is a safe place from spoiling.

2- Have not had this issue.

3- Have not had this issue.

4- New Ceramics Station is required now. No more making glass in the forge.

As you kill the friendly animals their numbers will decrease. Some will re-spawn eventually, but never in the numbers you saw in the start.

Fruit trees do not get disease or pests. But Bamboo trees will.

Fruit trees may be easy to get fruit from, but it gets to be a chore and they are not very filling. Eventually as your skills increase other food sources will provide greater sustenance.

Edited by zewtastic (see edit history)

Collars problem

Not sure where else to ask so ill try here :)

Im running a server hosted by BF, everybody can tame animals, no issues there but when anybody uses collar on tamed animal nothing happens... strange thing is it does work for me without any problems (with all admin rights) but when i make anybody else admin with all rights it still doesnt work for them at all... we tried with different people, different areas, different items, rights,etc... nada... any help would be most welcome :)

I'm in the process of restarting my server and getting it set up, but I wanted to ask a question I forgot about.

Is this mod supposed to remove vanilla recipes? The reason I ask is because I remember there being multiple recipes for the same item, such as an iron pickaxe. Is this intended or a bug of some sort? Or does the Starvation recipe, which requires a station to craft, make a better pickaxe?