Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Konichiwa Bitches!!!

Madmole and/or Gazz

Can we get a block that has a tire on a rim? Trying to make vehicles and planes in Prefabs is a bit of a pain. Also, maybe one with a strut attached ...for plane landing gear. Right now all we can do is color a cylinder black

Actually quarter circle blocks in steel and scrap iron would be cool to make a gear/pulley for several prefabs I am working on.

Basically I am trying to create prefabs that are based in Arizona....coal mines, dams, rural airstrips, etc...

A few additional blocks would really complete the present collection.

Regards

Ouch

Hi folks,

ingame i am a builder. But i am not an architect. So sometimes i misscalculate and than huge parts collapses. So at least in singleplayer/creative mode i would like to see a manuall safe point. Cos if your bulding you put 20, 30 or 100 hours or more colapses it kills fun to rebuild everthing.

second thought, a forum game, the first person with the right guess how many pages this thread will have when A17 hits will get a meal cooked by Roland. Or maybe if the person want to survive, he/she gets a game key

my guess 1043 pages

have a nice day

Increasing the inventory to the point that you can carry everything you could possibly need and not ever have to make decisions about what to keep or leave behind is akin to just having the creative menu enabled. There's your infinite backpack size right there.

There are certain elements of a survival game that if removed, even in the name of fun, cause the game to turn into something else. Perhaps you just don't think survival genre games are fun? To me, removing the choices that are inherent to limited inventory slots and limited stack sizes will take this game too far beyond the survival genre to be fun for me and to my mind those who can't stand having to make choices between keeping or tossing are probably just not fans of the genre.

I agree up to a point. To me, the creative menu is just no fun -- it ceases to be a game and becomes building toy. And I entirely agree with the survival aspect, but you get to a stage in the game were inventory management has nothing to do with survival and becomes just an annoyance on tackling bigger projects.

I think there ought to be a way to grow inventory space further as you progress in the game. For instance, I'd trade minibike speed for a bigger inventory space in it at later stages -- like a cart trailer.

Yeah, there are mods, but they are all or nothing, and there are no on/off switches for them, so either I break my day 100 game, or I forfeit the inventory management aspect on my day 21 game, or I give up on one of the two. Also, there's no gaming element in installing a mod.

I agree up to a point. To me, the creative menu is just no fun -- it ceases to be a game and becomes building toy. And I entirely agree with the survival aspect, but you get to a stage in the game were inventory management has nothing to do with survival and becomes just an annoyance on tackling bigger projects.

I think there ought to be a way to grow inventory space further as you progress in the game. For instance, I'd trade minibike speed for a bigger inventory space in it at later stages -- like a cart trailer.

Yeah, there are mods, but they are all or nothing, and there are no on/off switches for them, so either I break my day 100 game, or I forfeit the inventory management aspect on my day 21 game, or I give up on one of the two. Also, there's no gaming element in installing a mod.

Yes, I came to that same conclusion later as you'll see as you Ketchup. :)

I'm agreeable to late game massive inventory sizes and hiring the trader to transport items for you. Early game and mid game need to be pretty close to what it is now as a max and I would love for a progression of inventory spaces starting with close to nothing and progressing to what we currently have until a certain level (150?) is reached and perhaps a Logistics perk is bought that opens up a 72 slot inventory for endgame building and other such shenanigans .

What is this? The sixteenth century? I've never cut long grass with any of those thanks to whoever thought of putting fishing line on a spinner and hooking it up to a motor....

And I've never cut long grass punching with my bare fist, cut a tree with a stone ax or hunted with a bow and a knife. I tried to say that the right tool in the game is not the rake but the hoe or a gardening scissor being faster to cut grass might be appreciated (some middle stage special tool better that the fist). I've never used the scythe, but this one needs more technique and it's more dangerous IRL. It all depends on the tool you have available. The best solution seems the lawn mower, but that doesn't seem like a tool of early stages but more of end game.

Some people want more space so maybe add a fanny pack into the game. A big ugly tourist looking thingy to stuff all the stuffs into.

On a serious note, allow more spaces to open up when the backpack is full but slow the player movement speed for each box they fill until it is too "heavy" to move.

Oh, and I would like an old pickup with a loud clanky spare, is slow, and can hold a ton of stuff. Or maybe a horse. I don't really care. The game is already fun.

Things I'm hoping for....

New and updated character animations...

At the moment you can't even tell if another player is looking up or down when looking at them? The animations remind me of Half Life 1.

Also advanced movements like jumping over walls, going prone and grabbing onto the roof so you don't fall to your death. These would tie in great with the new stealth system and really add to the immersion.

- Breadcrumbs (zombies banging on my door at night)

- Smarter zombies that don't run in circle and which can jump to ladders. Make them run towards gun fire

- Fixed sleepers and less of them (only a chance for them to spawn in building)

- Underground threats like poisonous air which requires ventilation making it impossible during early game

- Vehicle to transport multiple players

- Fix for mini bikes been craftable inside other players territory

- More interesting ways to level crafting skills rather than get to level 20 and unlock perk etc...

- Fix laggy UI

- A more hardcore vanilla mode that slows progression and makes surviving harder for longer. (look at val mod overhaul / true survival for reference)

- Domesticating animals for food and taming wolves as pets

- Ability to strap a torch on more helmets

- Food spoilage and advanced cooking (craft food workstation)

- More weapons customisation (scopes, silencers, bipods etc)

- Legendary / super rare items & weapons

- Better distribution of loot that forces the player to travel more to get specific items or loot. the mini dungeon sky scrapers or random bunkers hidden around the map for example.

- More damage from falling. At the moment you cant jump off a sky scraper assuming your wellness is high enough and still survive lol.

Archived