Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

2 - I've never used a hoe or a rake to cut grass. Scythes like the one Royal pictured would be more accurate for a manual tool.

Well, if the mutant grass is sturdy enough then a scythe wouldn't work well any more. You might have to hack it down blade for blade with a hoe or machete.

A rake is not used to cut grass, it's with a hoe. The rake is used to pick it up after being cut.

Words of a former gardener.

Makes sense that you no longer work there. ;)

Knocked off...AGAIN?

Pray, tell us the story of that time you got knocked off your minibike the first time and it emotionally scarred you so horribly that you would not only uninstall 7dtd but also delete it from your Steam account. Why are you so against such a thing?

Doesn't sound so bad to me...

And then--- what if someone else threatens they will uninstall and delete the game from their Steam account if TFP doesn't implement minibike dislodgement? How ever will the Pimps cope if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't?

I know your being sarcastic or I think you are, but I hope that doesn't get put in, as the ground has a massive amount of stuff you can run into as it is, you'd never be able to use it except on a road. I like my minibike offroading thank you XD, I also like flying off jumps though with player taking damage now from too big of a fall on the bike i've had to tone it down :(

I'm agreeable to late game massive inventory sizes and hiring the trader to transport items for you. Early game and mid game need to be pretty close to what it is now as a max and I would love for a progression of inventory spaces starting with close to nothing and progressing to what we currently have until a certain level (150?) is reached and perhaps a Logistics perk is bought that opens up a 72 slot inventory for endgame building and other such shenanigans .

A van that comes default with a huge storage space, that could be swapped out for a built in chem station or workbench would be cool.

Also, being able to pay a trader to let you use their underground smuggling tunnels or what have you, to instantly fast travel to any other discovered trader would be incredible. Ignore the fact you can't seem to find them if you dig down. >.>

Well, if the mutant grass is sturdy enough then a scythe wouldn't work well any more. You might have to hack it down blade for blade with a hoe or machete.

Makes sense that you no longer work there. ;)

How about low yield explosives designed specifically for blowing up grass? My wife's been talking about how much she'd love to have some sort of lawn mower tool in the game. After spending 30 minutes helping her punch grass in a circle around our blood moon base, I'm inclined to agree. :p

i would like to have an organized loottable for those badass radiated feral zombies, that drop all days only air...

there is so much frustration, if you have to fight one of the hardest zombies in the game, and they allways dropp nothing....

Some people want more space so maybe add a fanny pack into the game. A big ugly tourist looking thingy to stuff all the stuffs into.

I am pretty much a pack rat so when it comes to picking stuff up, I want to carry everything I see that is useful but that's just me the game would be too easy if you could carry too much.

A van that comes default with a huge storage space, that could be swapped out for a built in chem station or workbench would be cool.

I like this idea, maybe the player would only be limited to either 6 or 3 building spaces inside the back of the van except you can't place claim blocks or anything that is over 1 block tall inside for balancing purposes and could serve as a portable base.

On another note, can we see at least 2 more diseases/ailments in this update? I want to see sunburn and player colds.

Hey back again

I would like to talk about stealth for a bit before it is implemented.

I thought it would be a good idea to add dyes and a hidden effect to certain clothing.

So that if a Zombie looks your way you can still have a chance they can not see you.

I wouldn't say it would be effective up close but maybe from 10 + blocks away it would.

It could work like this you are 12 blocks away and wearing dyed black leather armor over most of your body each piece adds a percentage of remaining hidden vs certain zombies awareness factor.

Some would see you no matter what and others there would be a RNG roll to see if they notice you.

Certain conditions would help or hinder this effect also... so darkness, shadow, and weather like fog snow,rain,sandstorm (<only outdoors) would add to your hidden factor also smell, sound(<weather could mask this a bit too), movement and of course your clothing.

Wearing Red (<red shirt means your dead ...lol) could make it so they see you from further away while black could hide you more at night time. Green better hidden in forest biomes you could even go as far as making a camouflage set.

Well that was just an idea I was thinking of that you might add while working out the AI and stealth.

Okay back to it then...

5. The new POI's I have been complaining about them for awhile.... The way that they are a mini linear game is okay for static maps like navagane for people who like to play that way.

But perhaps you could have their interiors generate randomly in RGW. Meaning different floors traps and ways to get through them would all generate differently with each world.

If this is not a possibility or you do not like it then maybe make a few different versions of each building that could spawn.

As it is they become boring after 1 or 2 times going through and are not worth the effort afterwards.

Perhaps you could Add a Easter egg to them... I was thinking maybe a loot crate that spawns inside them in a random location every night and they only stay from midnight to 1 am. then they despawn.

It would be a rare thing to come across the exact location within the building at that given time.

It could be a fun thing in multiplayer everyone spreading out on different floors searching for it.

I would add in a trigger event once you exit the loot crate and it breaks apart you could have a feral horde spawn inside the building and making a bee line towards you.

You could have special loot inside it like Joels shotgun and it does extra damage you could model it differently like make it gold or have notches etched into it showing it killed a lot of things in the past etc.

It could be anything really a rare type of clothing or tool (all with their own bonuses) whatever but it would have to be an unrepairable item so that once its durability is gone its just a keepsake type thing to have.

They could be collectable sets and stuff like that to strive to get.

Okay that's another few ideas thrown out there for you all to mull over. see ya tomorrow with more.

Yes, I came to that same conclusion later as you'll see as you Ketchup. :)

I'm agreeable to late game massive inventory sizes and hiring the trader to transport items for you. Early game and mid game need to be pretty close to what it is now as a max and I would love for a progression of inventory spaces starting with close to nothing and progressing to what we currently have until a certain level (150?) is reached and perhaps a Logistics perk is bought that opens up a 72 slot inventory for endgame building and other such shenanigans .

Excellent. Now we just need to usurp development from the false king madmole and install our own puppet chief developer. Or blackmail madmole with the knowledge that his beard is a wig.

I especially like the idea to make it a perk thing as its importance for a player depends on playstyle and it is in all aspects similar to other comfort perks like Fast Eddie/Camel/Quicker Crafting. Also the developers already said they want to have more perks.

Another good idea is that it has disadvantages to have a big backback like slower running speed or higher stamina drain (the latter would make it similar to steel tools, that it would hinder you in early game but not in late game).

AtomicWitchs idea to make that dependant on backpack fullness would be the icing on the cake if it doesn't impact framerate.

Pwleeze PunFimps... *jk*

...can you make able that we get coal from wood made in forge,

and also more recources to make nitrate and loots we find more brass and lead....

...those turrets are very hungry and its impossible to kep them feed

without using creative mode... :/

Thank you FunPimps for this game, keep it iup! :)

Friendly regards....

We don't need bigger BP's, just make the Shopping Carts movable in the game.

When we get to a town we can use the shopping carts to gather & when filled park it grab another & fill it up.

Just remember the carts are not to be removed from the parking lot or the Radiated Cop will get you.

And how is that much different from secure storage chests you can drop in any location or the minibike ?

Since it probably won't be possible to ride minibike AND push a cart at the same time you just would have something slightly better than a storage chest that would be immediately useless as soon as you have a mini bike.

And how is that much different from secure storage chests you can drop in any location or the minibike ?

Since it probably won't be possible to ride minibike AND push a cart at the same time you just would have something slightly better than a storage chest that would be immediately useless as soon as you have a mini bike.

This is early game use obviously, you do not get a MB on day 1. I put SC's in the streets of towns for looting but they have no wheels & you can not go house to house W/A chest. Early game you can push the carts around town to loot or back & forth to your base. You could learn to craft a trailer out of the cart to tow W/Y MB.

We could even craft the John Boy & Billy Giant 7DTD Zombie Killing Shopping Cart

This is early game use obviously, you do not get a MB on day 1.

Well, now you just have to convince people that early game is the problem after lots of talk in this thread that early game should be governed by the survival aspect and small inventory space is a part of it. Just read Rolands comment a few pages earlier and try to convince him. It seems Madmole has a similar opinion (if Roland is right with his comment that inventory space is as far from a hot topic for the developers as a potato in the refrigerator) and quite a few others posters who spoke out against enlarging inventory space (including me if it concerns early game).

There is no lack of solutions, you need to argue for reasons why inventory space should be enlarged in early game.

I've taken this line of questioning before with mixed results, so take it as you will.

Those of you who want greater inventory space, what do you do in Bethesda games? Do you pick up every broom when you are looting a region? Do you buy the perks or use potions to increase your carrying capacity?

There are obvious differences in the games and situations, but I figure your answers might be illuminating.

Well, now you just have to convince people that early game is the problem after lots of talk in this thread that early game should be governed by the survival aspect and small inventory space is a part of it. Just read Rolands comment a few pages earlier and try to convince him. It seems Madmole has a similar opinion (if Roland is right with his comment that inventory space is as far from a hot topic for the developers as a potato in the refrigerator) and quite a few others posters who spoke out against enlarging inventory space (including me if it concerns early game).

There is no lack of solutions, you need to argue for reasons why inventory space should be enlarged in early game.

You can tell from looking at previous posts/threads that pretty much every single player has his own idea of how the game should be. I know it would be OP in the early game for cans of boiled water to stack higher than they are but I still think I would like them to at least stack to 2 or 3 or even up to 5. (Don't know why you can carry stacks of 15 cans of murky water but when it is boiled you can only stack 1)

Unless you have your own server or play SP then your inv is up to the admin of the server you play on. Make requests but know they may not be added. Just have to enjoy the game as is...and be thankful we can add any mods at all. :)

I also realize that what is added or removed from vanilla game is a volatile subject but we just have to try and keep it civil...for the sake of the children...zombie children....which will never be in the game....ever.......maybe.....not.....forever.....amen...

I've taken this line of questioning before with mixed results, so take it as you will.

Those of you who want greater inventory space, what do you do in Bethesda games? Do you pick up every broom when you are looting a region? Do you buy the perks or use potions to increase your carrying capacity?

There are obvious differences in the games and situations, but I figure your answers might be illuminating.

ahhh the subtle differences between linear and sandbox gaming. If you are referring to Skyrim, which is weight based inventory limit and where you can pick damn near everything up with +6000 boots of carrying that you can make with normal potions and crafting skills. I might have a screenshot of Boots of weight carrying that has a +weight carrying number 6 digits long.

You can tell from looking at previous posts/threads that pretty much every single player has his own idea of how the game should be. I know it would be OP in the early game for cans of boiled water to stack higher than they are but I still think I would like them to at least stack to 2 or 3 or even up to 5. (Don't know why you can carry stacks of 15 cans of murky water but when it is boiled you can only stack 1)

Unless you have your own server or play SP then your inv is up to the admin of the server you play on. Make requests but know they may not be added. Just have to enjoy the game as is...and be thankful we can add any mods at all. :)

I also realize that what is added or removed from vanilla game is a volatile subject but we just have to try and keep it civil...for the sake of the children...zombie children....which will never be in the game....ever.......maybe.....not.....forever.....amen...

no two-headed giant zombie snakes?

I discuss this topic with the full knowledge that I can mod it to my liking.

It seems you read my post as uncivil. If I came over disgruntled or snappy or whatever else, that wasn't the intention, and sorry for that. I do like to comment on other posts though and especially if I have a different opinion.

Knocked off...AGAIN?

Pray, tell us the story of that time you got knocked off your minibike the first time and it emotionally scarred you so horribly that you would not only uninstall 7dtd but also delete it from your Steam account. Why are you so against such a thing?

Doesn't sound so bad to me...

And then--- what if someone else threatens they will uninstall and delete the game from their Steam account if TFP doesn't implement minibike dislodgement? How ever will the Pimps cope if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't?

If you want knocked off your minibike just drive it into some water. That is enough of an issue to have to worry about. If I got knocked off it every time I ran into something I might as well not build the thing. I just don't get why people want to add stuff that is only going to be an annoyance.

I thought I said that? The shopping cart use as a movable storage vehicle is no different than having a MB except you push it & the same storage amount can be applied to the cart.

I am proposing this instead of enlarging the BP, its an early game movable storage with the same capacity as the MB.

As an argument why this storage will help I will give you a few reasons.

My TB is filled W/weapons, tools, food most of the time & depending on my level I might have 1 or 2 slots empty

My BP has to have certain essentials (wood, forged iron, stone, fiber, cloth) to repair weapons, tool, ammo, clothing incase I need a poncho or a coat & yes more food & water depending on what level you are.

Summary

A well stocked TB might have a slot or 2 left open.

A well stocked BP might take up 1/4 to 1/3 of the slots.

You can slim down what you carry to a Bare Bones Scavenging Kit & get what resources you need as you scavenge. I usually do this when I hit a town, I will put a SC or 2 on a roof & tear the town up.

Being able to use a Shopping Cart would be very beneficial to an early gamer that has low level items that need repaired a lot. The inventory you need to travel takes up a lot of space for an early game stage player.

It's got to have Walmart Wobble of course.

I think there is a need for bigger backpacks. Think of when you start, you will need to carry wood, stone, plant fiber, cloth, water, food and bandages, bow and arrows, then toss in the land claim block. Starting out you might not find that great city to have as your base. I spawned in a area that when I followed the road I came to a town that was all houses, a military base, silo and a gas station that didn't have a workbench. That was it.

Traveled to another one and it had all the towers, construction site but no POIs that are needed, working stiff, gun store, pill store (and from videos I have watched lots of times the Phar. tower doesn't have antibiotics) so no chem station. There were lots of destroyed buildings and a couple nice homes but it seems there weren't any that had a pool for water and it was in the plains.

Yes, you can loot and use a chest, but when you have to move on what do you take with you? No minibike schematic and even if you did find one there is no working workbench to use and you will be moving on to find a better town/city so what do you carry? I was playing in one seed yesterday and in three days I saw one boar and that was it. I got three pieces of meat. She is living off canned food and corn, potatoes and blueberries I collect in the towns.

I don't waste space on lead, glass, clothes except a duster and make a poncho as soon as I can. I carry leather, jars of good water and murky water in case I can't find any while traveling, then I can use the pot, if I find one, to make it safe to drink.

Next time I play I am going to write down what I have on me as I travel to find a place to set up a base.

We need to be able to either make one or buy one at a trader and not have to pay a exorbitant price for it. Make one out of leather and have it wear out so we need to repair it, or make a new one. We can have our "old" one as a backup perhaps.

Add to it when you are out looting you don't scrap your brass unless you want to lose approx 30% of it. So that takes a lot of space up. All those bits and parts you get and need to build with like plastic, electronics and such take up a lot of space. There are people that are okay with doing the chest storage stuff and then their are people like myself that find that a complete and utter annoyance.

Archived