Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

5 reasons why Airships will be the only practical way to travel the world.

1) With all the radiation zones (our little map is surrounded by one) long distance travel would become tedious and not fun in a ground vehical.

2) The speed of an Airship would help keep rendering at a manageable level. For long distant travel (one map to another) a small chartroom where a player can travel long distances quickly.

3) The huge cost of actually making an airship would put it at very late game (unless you kill "The Duke" for his) and that is when a player would want new content.

4) The New World Order (The ones who created the Zombie Apocolypse) need to be found and many maps need to be explored for clues to the NWO HQ and their legions of genetically enhanced super humans.

5) My Zombie Bear Paratroopers are ready! :)

5 reason why Airships will be the only practical way to travel the world.

1) With all the radiation zones (our little map is surrounded by one) long distance travel would become tedious and not fun in a ground vehical.

2) The speed of an Airship would help keep rendering at a manageable level. For long distant travel (one map to another) a small chartroom where a player can travel long distances quickly.

3) The huge cost of actually making an airship would put it at very late game (unless you kill "The Duke" for his) and that is when a player would want new content.

4) The New World Order (The ones who created the Zombie Apocolypse) need to be found and many maps need to be explored for clues to the NWO HQ.

5) My Zombie Bear Paratroopers are ready! :)

But for impractical travel, while the mini bike is fine and all, we MUST get riding mowers. Faster than most zombies? no. Faster than crawlers (or as we call them, speed bumps)? yes. And SO much better for clearing the undergrowth.

But for impractical travel, while the mini bike is fine and all, we MUST get riding mowers. Faster than most zombies? no. Faster than crawlers (or as we call them, speed bumps)? yes. And SO much better for clearing the undergrowth.

Can I use the collected grass from the mowers hopper? Because god knows, a lack of plant fiber can spell doom for a players plans!

last post on A16 talk

I would like it if the higher gamestage zombies just hit harder but not a zillion hit points. Also something I'd like to see is a possibilty to get "dismounted" off you bike when you hit something or something hits you. Bring back the damage you can do with the bike but add a risk of getting knocked off and stunned. Just way too safe on the bike

oh HELL NO, not this EVER. I've played too many games where this is a thing, I will uninstall 7dtd and delete it from my steam account if this ever happens, I accept taking damage but never ever, never ever, ever getting knocked off again.

Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want :)

welcome-back.gif

1. Please fix the seed length on the map previewer so that it is the same length as the game seed is allowed. Right now it is vastly shorter than max game seed name length.

2. Add in a color legend so users know what the terrain colors stand for.

Red Eagle's mod has a great example of both fixes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/5/494632768623855760/

oh HELL NO, not this EVER. I've played too many games where this is a thing, I will uninstall 7dtd and delete it from my steam account if this ever happens, I accept taking damage but never ever, never ever, ever getting knocked off again.

Knocked off...AGAIN?

Pray, tell us the story of that time you got knocked off your minibike the first time and it emotionally scarred you so horribly that you would not only uninstall 7dtd but also delete it from your Steam account. Why are you so against such a thing?

Doesn't sound so bad to me...

And then--- what if someone else threatens they will uninstall and delete the game from their Steam account if TFP doesn't implement minibike dislodgement? How ever will the Pimps cope if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't?

It will be great in the next alpha if you can use the tv item as a monitor to check your cameras and turrent and with a perk or something to the tv, you can move them. well maybe someday. :smile-new:

Or implement the ability to watch youtube vids on them so when those long crafting nights are taking their toll stick on a YT video in game to watch!

Dear johns and game deletion threats, next there be refund demands.

mLvQyKv.jpg

I thought it be different on PC...

No just kidding.

Geting knocked off your minibike doesnt seem bad penalty to me but how easy is it too implement teleporting a character on defined mesh collision is another question.

I have so many ideas for this games future and so many concerns about what is in game now.

I will give a few examples that will tie into current works in progress and upcoming features previously talked about.

Mainly AI improvements, before you start on them. With a few End game twists to certain upcoming things I think might be cool to have.

1. spider zombies- I believe they should be able to run sideways on walls and ceilings and transfer from one to the other and the ground without harming themselves in the process. It would make this 1 enemy a much more viable threat then currently.

2. I would love to see Blood moon hordes work much much differently. Here is what I would like to see if the count is set to 16 lets say.

Then every hour 16 more will show up from 22:00 until 3:00 or 5:00 whatever your setting are regardless if the first are killed or not.

All the way up to the max amount of zeds aloud on screen whatever the end optimized result may be.

Right now I think you said 64 so great if I do not kill zeds then when 64 is reached they should only replenish to the max until morning.

3. Perhaps start off with a nuclear explosion with a mushroom cloud and the ground shaking blinding light etc. when you first log in perhaps a power plant at 0,0 and have a huge crater and have it irradiate a rather large area.

Only with Hazard gear can you enter.

3.A. perhaps having the irradiated feral cops contaminate an area when they explode so that you have to have the gear or take damage as you replace blocks and traps and ground to clean it up.

3.B. this is just a thought maybe a bit over kill but you could have the radiation spread over time from 0,0 exploded area.

Making for an end game concept of either leaving the map and journeying to another or just freedom or if you want to stay as long as possible you would have to dig to bedrock to prevent it spreading to where you set-up.

Okay I am going to stop here and let people read and comment or not

but I have about 50 more things mainly issues with current things in game.

I'll check back later and give ya a few more.

but I figure this will give ya all a bit to chew on for awhile.

Two questions I am curious about:

1. Are there any plans to fix silent enemies? I am all for a challenge but a horde of five silent dogs or wolves/direwolves coming up behind you is pretty much instadeath and pointless from a gameplay standpoint.

I do not see any problem with silent Z in this game, do you want them to send you a SMS before attacking on your personnal smartphone ? Trick: use the console to see how many budies Z are around you !

Can we be able to turn off the Blood Moon?, & have a Wandering Horde option instead.

I like the old game play with the Zed Ai & Wandering Hordes instead of stressing out on a constant "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base". I want my activity to determine when a Horde comes, sound, smell, sight, heat & not the game clock, remember?

This is not a thread about some games you can choose when you will have a horde comming ! They are some (I donc give names). This way what do you tjink about rename this game "the SimZ" ?

About your base you better ask yourself some questions: did I make it good at the very first time, did I choose the right place, material ? Ask to the Three Little Pigs !

Praying that larger backpacks are a thing in a17.

This already exist with some moded games. I prefer the idea of pets with backpacks like wolfes for exemple or a side car with the minibike.

- - - Updated - - -

That and a silencer for my rocket launcher would be nice. :)

What about a potato gun ??

3. Perhaps start off with a nuclear explosion with a mushroom cloud and the ground shaking blinding light etc. when you first log in perhaps a power plant at 0,0 and have a huge crater and have it irradiate a rather large area.

Only with Hazard gear can you enter.

I like this idea for the start of the game gives you something to accomplish straight out of the gate as well as just surviving, and the power plant could lead to more unravelling of the story of what happened etc.

...I want an image of the minibike to paint on a box so I dont have to print labels on 1x1 boards

IMAO I'd like a customisation skill for minibikes, this way you can find yours in a forest of minibikes ... and an extra side car you can coop the minibike (for hunting, killing Z during Blood Moon, extra slots, for instance) ...

Archived