1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This is news to me....

BOOM!

Originally Posted by Com7DTDGroup 12-5-2016

Hello madmole and TFP! Me and my friends like to play your game where you can constantly see new amazing things and enjoy the gameplay.

Earlier there were questions about the ground vehicles like cars/jeeps. But not water transport(I personally have not seen). Sometimes you have to cross the water where the movement speed drops sharply, and if there are zombies, it often ends with the death of a player(a beginner). But especially this problem is in the RWG, where when you create a map you can make more the water more than land, which complicates the game.

My question: are there any aquatic vehicles such as boats or rafts?

Madmole has said that boats and/or rafts are a strong possibility once they get water fixed.

Madmole has said that boats and/or rafts are a strong possibility once they get water fixed.

While in the game press F1 to open the console

Type: settempunit c

Press F1 to close the console

Good to go.

Ummmm....I wasn’t talking about the fact that there will be some kind of raft or boat in the game. I was talking about the specifics you gave as far as a small boat for exploring narrow rivers and a larger slower boat that could be used as a base.

THAT is what I’ve never heard until you just posted it. So I will give you my thanks when you’ve found the post (other than your own) that is a source for the little boat/ big boat rumor you were starting.

Mr. Roland, I am pretty sure what you're referring to was mentioned in one of the Q&A videos so I doubt that there is actually a post about it anywhere. Don't take my word for it tho, finding it in those videos without watching them all over again... nah, I won't bother. But I am pretty sure I heard it spoken by Joel in the past, so the Q&A videos seem likely.

I’m going to be really plain about this. There currently is no plan for a really big slow moving boat that can be used as a base. I’ve never heard that concept thrown around and in fact floating bases were already in the game for several alphas and ultimately nerfed by design by the devs because....they didn’t want floating bases.

Right now they’re talking about a raft.

Whether that changes to power boats or something more— completely depends on time and resources and....faatal most likely.

I’m not denying that the devs talked about watercraft. They did and they are planning to do it at some point. But what sillls posted was his own wishful thinking and not something that any of the devs have revealed.

i'm getting the feeling that state of decay 2 is going to release before alpha 17. which is bad. not just because state of decay 1 was released the same year as 7d2d. but also because i'm not going to care about alpha 17 if i have state of decay 2. bad planning. like dropping an fps against a new call of duty release.

i only point this out because i care.

Good developers, forgive my English,

I would like to ask if we will have an option of more difficulty in the game? put 60 orda zombies in difculultad insane, with a base of stones, peaks and metal gate, is nothing for zombies, please add a button where you can choose the number of ordas followed that may come for us, is not for believe me better than others but it is very annoying that after a large orde, come from apocos and it is very easy to kill them, it is annoying to enter and leave the game during the blood moon so that the zombies come again, in particular I put 120 minutes per day, and the blood moon day, I go out and I enter like 4 times until dawn, please enable a quantity option of sending ordas!

Keep up the excellent work

Wesley Snipes or one of his children might be playing 7D2D, as he just wrote his first novel called "Talon of God" which could be used as material for a prequel to 7D2D. It could add a lot of lore to what zombies are, how the zombie apocalypse happened and who the player character really is.

As 7D2D is said to be magical based (or was that flippancy?) the book goes down a somewhat magic like theme as well.

Its an easy weekend read and not bad for a first try, he did have another writer helping him though.

Two different types of boat ideas were bounced around in the forums by the players, once we heard Madmole suggesting a boat or raft.

That's about all it came to, just talk.

When Mikee asked, I told him about it. That's why I brought it up.

i'm getting the feeling that state of decay 2 is going to release before alpha 17. which is bad. not just because state of decay 1 was released the same year as 7d2d. but also because i'm not going to care about alpha 17 if i have state of decay 2. bad planning. like dropping an fps against a new call of duty release.

A. Lets be honest... CoD hasnt lived up to its hype for quite some time. Only reason why CoD was "good" after the modern warfare series is because there wasnt a viable FPS released. WIth Fortnite & PUBG, CoD has such a smaller player base. esp now, with going back to WW2, massive letdown.

B. State of Decay 2 dropping just means that you could waste some time on state of decay 2 and then get bored and play A17 or play A17 and when you get bored you play State of decay 2. TFP have made such a good game that you could play on & off that any game can come out, still wouldn't have much effect on the game

C. we all care, its why we troll the forums because we're fiends for information, any information, about the new alpha ( or new beta! WHO KNOWS! )

I wouldn't get too worried about it, its not like 7DTD is an RTS and the new Dawn of War / star craft is gunna drop.

its all about quality over quantity

Releasing an alpha before it is ready to "compete" with another game full release won't do anyone any good. What would be the point in forcing out an alpha release of any game?

Releasing an alpha before it is ready to "compete" with another game full release won't do anyone any good. What would be the point in forcing out an alpha release of any game?

Imagine how worst things would have be.

"Quick - 39 seconds left!"

"Ok I will left the donkey with 3 legs"

2. bad planning. like dropping an fps against a new call of duty release.

I just realised, CoD is a game for zombies.

They want to eat everything that's moving. Only thing you'd have to teach them is to shoot everything thats moving. The rest is taken care by cutscenes. :D

EDIT:

Another thing i just realised. CoD has been i alpha all that time. The devs change things and move bits around. They re-skin stuff from previous versions and add new maps. Fortunately for us though, 7d2d changes/advances more with one alpha then CoD with each game. (or lets just call them alphas as well :D )

What makes me sceptic is that we've seen the "zombies stop spinning or running in circles" fix in previous releases and it never worked. So they might be fixed, but there is a good chance that they still do it. Not to mention bears and dogs and that bug where the vulture floats on one position and constantly changes direction by 180 degrees for a few seconds.

Also Roland I think the main thing that would need to be done before it should even be considered to add water vehicles is change the water to actually be like water, not sticky semi-static goo. Right now I can still with a couple wood frames split the water like moses and while it does actually flow a bit, it does at the speed of a turtle with asthma. Even the player movement speed in water reminds more of swimming through thick goo rather than water. Minecraft (and I once again apologize for getting ideas from MC stuff, we all know its not a good game at all) once had a mod that added finite liquid. I think that would be a very interesting addition to 7dtd, especially once we have like small mountain ponds etc that can actually run out of water if its finite, since every glass jar basically takes half a liter away.

Alternatively, water could be simulated by essentially having alot of circular entities (in terms of hitbox, more of a cubic shape in terms of visuals tho) that work basically like a ball bath. You fill a river with thousands and thousands of these and you essentially end up having a finite "liquid" in the game and even better; due to this design you could even make that flow down a hillside without looking like blocks. The game would only ever have to render the top layer, and digging from a cave below up into a river or lake would mean that the cave gets flooded properly.

The main difficulty I see with this is how the game would treat these "entities", since I imagine it would impact performance alot if they would be actual entities. Perhaps a new type of "entity" that doesnt work like others do and doesnt take many resources whatsoever. I am not sure about this tho. But its a concept that at least in theory could work perfectly fine.

State of Decay 2 will be Windows store exclusive...

Good luck finding survivors through that trainwreck of a service.

I wish they would release it through Steam or other so I could play it... Oh well, hopefully the Store will go the way of windows live... To the grave.

I’m going to be really plain about this. There currently is no plan for a really big slow moving boat that can be used as a base. I’ve never heard that concept thrown around and in fact floating bases were already in the game for several alphas and ultimately nerfed by design by the devs because....they didn’t want floating bases.

Right now they’re talking about a raft.

Whether that changes to power boats or something more— completely depends on time and resources and....faatal most likely.

I’m not denying that the devs talked about watercraft. They did and they are planning to do it at some point. But what sillls posted was his own wishful thinking and not something that any of the devs have revealed.

BOOM

We have talked about them and Robert even had a crude prototype in at one point. I would like them to be like flat barge panels you can build on, so you could build a house boat or portable raid shack kind of thing. Its always a matter of priorities though and water needs to be addressed before we can even think about rafts seriously.

They have not only discuss, but also prototype. (Not concerning whether it works or not)

Archived