Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

They do underestimate it, but on other hand they want it like yesterday, making those NPC driven quest can wait for A20 maybe, but Bandits cannot. That is why some people are upset and don't want to see progress they did as anything they do. They want what they want...

With the behemoth getting scrapped, the bandits are the last real game changer to look forward to. The zombies stop being a threat at a certain point, and if you don't play Always Run only the weekly horde nights are even remotely dangerous.

The bandits were first announced for A15, so it's high time they get added. It's ok if they are not perfect - I will take a buggy bandit release over having to wait another year. It's Alpha, after all.

My Sisters Character drowned ~1 hours after exiting water. She was running round trying to find water to "un-drowned" and used several first aid kits before giving up.

Now that is an old bug. I never experienced it myself, but exiting and restarting the game should fix it.

hope the new framework system they have put in place will of fixed the drowning bug. I think they said it effects every block.

The remodeling of the water is a hard mechanic to get right and can be very consuming for video graphics fps. I think the Funpimps have this on the cards but when maybe a few Alphas away yet. Just need to fix the drowning issue if they havent already.

>>

water is arguably the worst thing in the game atm

I would disagree water has its problems but never broken anything in the game. Shooting at a zombie and it goes through the head and not hit them, thats a major bug. But also the zombies going round and round is another major bug. Oh and Minibikes falling through the ground.

Back on page 823 about 4 weeks ago (I think it was) a huge list someone posted and asked about Boats and fishing.

5) Fishing and 6) motor boat ?

Rolands answer was:

5) Not planned

6) Possibly a motorless raft

thanks. sry, but too much spam here to find real answers. a FAQ post would be good

I wish you guys would release a 16.5 with whatever bugfixes you have. Or anything to keep us occupied.

I'm sure A17 is gonna be full of great stuff, but right now this wait is just too long.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a 16.5 to release. They didn't just quash the left over bugs from 16.4 when they ramped up work on A17. They basically tore the whole game down to bedrock and built it back up on a new version of Unity. Adding that type of work into 16.5 would be impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

The date posted on the release notes on the website is June 6 2017, that's what I am going off of. 9 months or 10 months, either way, 1 new alpha once a year is a little extreme no.

No. It's not.

My Sisters Character drowned ~1 hours after exiting water. She was running round trying to find water to "un-drowned" and used several first aid kits before giving up.

I told her she should not put that goldfish bowl over her head.

That is mostly fixed now.

Zombie pathing, moving, climbing, jumping and breaking have gone through a lot of changes so far for A17, with more to come.

Mostly, he said. Zombies running in a square pattern confirmed for A17.

Gone through changes, he said. Puperty and mid-life crisis for zombies confirmed for A17.

sheesh these A17 updates are getting slower and slower and showing us less and less.

Is this A17 really only half way done ?Like are we expected to wait until 2019 for the next patch / Beta ?

That would potentially make this an 8 year game in the making if it comes out 2019/2020.

Geez thanks for the math update.

So, my mistake with 7dtd...

When I first started 7DTD (A16 noob here), it was the best game I've ever experienced!! Played hours on hours (rare for me with 4 little kids and working full-time) because I was hooked on the survival, crafting, zombie killing awesomeness this game offers. After playing solo for quite some time, I was getting lonely and decided to join a server - a big server! Things were okay, but everything was looted... No brass to be found, but great people who were willing to help a noob. Decided to find a fresher server - about 20 days fresh and fewer players to have the best of both worlds - plenty of loot left, but not feeling like I was the last person on this (gaming) earth.

I was eating it up for about 2 weeks. Found a good buddy to start a base with next to an unlooted city; joking on the chat and being as helpful as I can; living the good life and building a sweet base. Eventually, I became decent friends with the server owner who decided to bestow upon me the 2nd official admin privilege! At first I was so excited and eager to help other noobs, but not too the point where the game became less challenging/rewarding to others. Not long after becoming admin, I realized my challenges and rewards were basically gone. The game became less appealing to me and I started to lose interest. Now I sit patiently... Waiting for Alpha 17 to breathe new life into my 7dtd interest.

Moral of this story - I need to stay away from management and remain a dirt digging, loot searching player who's trying to scratch my way to the "end game" glory otherwise my interest will die out quick.

If only one noob reads this and it saves them from the same 7dtd power grab/fatigue I experienced, I have done my job.

A17... I know you are out there somewhere behind iron clad doors, a Roland, and a MadMole... but just know, I am waiting.

Ok, I should probably stay off the forums after x amount of beers.

i will say this Admining isn't for everyone. my group did it and we actually had a lot of fun with it hunting down eastern globe hackers. (you all know what i'm talking about). until we banned the entire eastern hemisphere, then we went from hackers\griefers every day, to maybe once a week. and even then it was just dupers and whatnot nothing too serious. but the key to good admining is setting a bar for when and what admin services are needed for. kind of a value system. (was at least 5 hours of game play lost?) if we saw a fight happen in chat and you killed the other person at least once. that other person isn't hacking i promise lol.

other then all that you were on your own. it allowed the admins to actually play and enjoy the game by prioritizing what we admined for.

I just saw that zombies doing circles and pathing has been improved/fixed. Well that’s exciting

Hopefully/ maybe a video might come out soon to show case.

I'd like a few more weeks of improvement, but hopefully we can let everyone see it at some point.

Boats and Fishing are planned?

Boats and fishing have been replaced by red enemy hp bar and the a17 countdown process bar(also red).

Starting to wonder if all new features are related to a bar...

Bandits will be replaced with ...

The-Bar-Interior-Cocktails-1.ashx?mw=952

Boats and Fishing are planned?

I don't know about fishing but boats were talked about. Two different types.

One small and made for one person. Could travel up narrow rivers.

The other big slow and would work like a floating base. I suggested to TFP's to make the small one dock able to the to this one. But all that was some time back and I haven't heard anything about it since.

I don't know about fishing but boats were talked about. Two different types.

One small and made for one person. Could travel up narrow rivers.

The other big slow and would work like a floating base. I suggested to TFP's to make the small one dock able to the to this one. But all that was some time back and I haven't heard anything about it since.

This is news to me....

Archived