Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

There are an estimated 53 or 54 unique level designed POI's coming to A17 with randomized containers and sleepers. I think that it will take a bit of time to memorize all of those.

53 or 54 unique pois? that is just plain awesome, cannot wait for a17

would love the option to shoot / throw things while driving, drop mollies down on the gyrocopter would be hysterical

- - - Updated - - -

No. At least my argument isn't similar to that. I know that isn't Roland's argument. I want underground dangers for MY gameplay not to stop others from the way they play. I don't care how other people play. BUT, no danger underground leaves a LOT of the world with no dangers and therefore boring. Water is the same. Danger there would be a good addition also.

Parkour the skyscrapers, don't parkour them, I don't really care but BOTH of those options are in the game right now. That isn't true for having a fun underground threat.

underground threats would be amazing, but how would you defend against it? just wondering if you've thought about ways to defend against some zombie gophers or some such

No, because I don't recall anyone asking to have parkour removed or to force you to use it? The current game status is that BOTH of those work. That is not true for those of us that want underground threats. We have no option to play underground without ignoring the survival aspect of the game the entire time we are there. In your argument both ways to play the skyscrapers are currently in game. Do you see the difference?

I'm merely pointing out the parallels in arguments. There are many. See the snowdog fellow for the complaint about parkour prefabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Balance is TFP's problem. :)

Ain't that the truth. =)

If anyone wants more danger underground just stand under your entrance shaft with the hatch open on horde night... :D

I actually did that once...by accident. Still no danger. All they did was go up and down the ladder. They couldn't seem to find the will to actually attack me.

I actually did that once...by accident. Still no danger. All they did was go up and down the ladder. They couldn't seem to find the will to actually attack me.

lol, can see it now...horde of zombies just climbing up and down a ladder. I guess you could have just started picking them off like those revolving duck targets you see so much in movies and cartoons.

If oxygen supply was a survival issue, it might not be so easy to camp out underground (especially with campfires, forges, and chem stations). Players could be given the option to build ventilation to compensate, and *could* run into issues such as zombies getting clogged inside of it, thus encouraging the player to visit the surface from time to time.

The radiation , combined with the virus , mutate underground fungus into killing machines...

Alice_finds_the_Mushroom_King_by_Davesrightmind.jpg.00c00abc1b8fa9517ad6f3da4b9053ee.jpg

Or...simpler but not nearly as fun...the radiated virus infested fungus generate toxic spores that have to be filtered or eventually will kill an underground living player...unless they head to the surface for a certain amount of time to recover...

underground can be make interesting by adding Environmental hazards there. like iron chuck or coal chunk they can make a uranium chunk, if someone dig there it radiation, and destroy that chunk will be like 15000 hit point. It will be effective if it appear more than at least diamond chunk.

Similarly we can make underground gas leak from bedrock, so if you are say in 15 block radius of that you can experience uncertain urge in gas leak result in poisoning etc to player.

For POI, they should not be random room, yes I do expect random Wall safe other than other random stuff already done or added. having random container or night stands in POI is welcome as well.

Digging down through rock..you could would have a Radon problem . Introduce a 2x2 ventilation system at a certain depth that a zombie(s) can get into and gain access too you. There are no digging threats being introduced so you need something to make it not boring.. living underground. Every 10 blocks needs a turn so zombies aren't dying on the way down .

The underground dwellers will be requesting a mole machine to dig next...now that gyrocopters are being added..

Another way to avoid the zombies.

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

The radiation , combined with the virus , mutate underground fungus into killing machines...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24118[/ATTACH]

Or...simpler but not nearly as fun...the radiated virus infested fungus generate toxic spores that have to be filtered or eventually will kill an underground living player...unless they head to the surface for a certain amount of time to recover...

I like these ideas they are a creative solution to a glaring problem, there needs to be underground threats that make living underground dangerous/hazardous.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24118[/ATTACH]

Well.... Mining is out. lol

But really, the second idea was pretty good.

Digging down through rock..you could would have a Radon problem . Introduce a 2x2 ventilation system at a certain depth that a zombie(s) can get into and gain access too you. There are no digging threats being introduced so you need something to make it not boring.. living underground. Every 10 blocks needs a turn so zombies aren't dying on the way down .

The underground dwellers will be requesting a mole machine to dig next...now that gyrocopters are being added..

Another way to avoid the zombies.

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

Guess it's only a matter of time before someone "need" more airborn hazards then.

Sorry Gazz. Madmole already said that there are no cows allowed in the game. :)

Chickens with choppers??? What would that even look like? lol

MM said no cows, indeed. He didn`t say anything about flying cows.

Btw, do you remember the sharknado, where Joel tested it and laughed ? This was fun :))

I like these ideas they are a creative solution to a glaring problem, there needs to be underground threats that make living underground dangerous/hazardous.

I don't know I kind of like that underground is a bit safe. Mining is tedious and having to worry about hazards while doing it would be a real pain, and you need those resources. Also, if you want to get creative it's a great place for it. My friend made this huge underground city. First, he carved out a huge cavern then build a hotel, bar, houses, stores, and so on. It was spectacular. He even brought in water made a underground lake with a couple boats on it. Plus, he had a highway underground connecting it to other places like traders, his base, and killing ground (took him months). For testing things out and just having fun building underground is the only place in the game to do that.

MM said no cows, indeed. He didn`t say anything about flying cows.

Btw, do you remember the sharknado, where Joel tested it and laughed ? This was fun :))

That's true. He didn't say anything about flying cows! Maybe someone should tell him. ;)

After all the reason that he was against it is he reasoned that cows were too slow to avoid zombies and would be killed off.

No I did not remember him testing the sharknado. Is there a link?

I don't know I kind of like that underground is a bit safe. Mining is tedious and having to worry about hazards while doing it would be a real pain, and you need those resources. Also, if you want to get creative it's a great place for it. My friend made this huge underground city. First, he carved out a huge cavern then build a hotel, bar, houses, stores, and so on. It was spectacular. He even brought in water made a underground lake with a couple boats on it. Plus, he had a highway underground connecting it to other places like traders, his base, and killing ground (took him months). For testing things out and just having fun building underground is the only place in the game to do that.

Wow, builder of the year award goes to your friend. That's impressive. You got any footage of this?

well in my defence that was over 4 months ago and no other reference to it has been mentioned. and Joel said it in passing as he entered the house.

Oh no problem. I remember a lot of things that Madmole tends to say from the videos that is why i showed it to you.

Yes there hasn't been any reference since then. Maybe in his next video, he could/will showcase it. If they even will do that for A17.

Archived