Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi. I post it here, cause no discusion, just some idea/help to improve the game. give all zeds different ablibities.For example:

1) make the burning zeds (the ones in the burned biom) immun to fire/molotoves

2) the fat hawain guy got less damage from blunt/slash/shotgun..so much fat...he doenst care about ( head shot matters!, but fat burns well)

x) and more..more specific immunity/damage reduction for all types, all zeds got their own resistance and weakness

--> combine all those....For example: fireimun spiderzeds

because : its boring to kill all the zed with a few molotovs at hordnight

just some quick written down thoughts ( sry english is not my native language)

Good seeds:

We found a couple, but I can't seem to post the screenshots right now, I'll try to add them later. Both are 8k maps.

PopcornPrince

(Island, mostly forest with a lot of cities in a big horseshoe)

UGalAMioSPaZitY

(Island, more challenging. lot of cities all running together, but only a little in forest. Most split between snow, wasteland, and desert)

Blood Moon Range

When this setting is enabled the player can make a min/max random blood moon range. If I set this to 7 does that mean plus or minus 7 from BloodMoonFrequency setting?

Asking me too. The option says its about a delay...so no earlier bm..so no real rdm ones, only later ones

Blood Moon Range

When this setting is enabled the player can make a min/max random blood moon range. If I set this to 7 does that mean plus or minus 7 from BloodMoonFrequency setting?

Just a plus. No minus.

Frequency 7 Range 7 would be a random bloodmoon every 7-14 days.

Frequency 10 Range 20 would be a random bloodmoon every 10-30 days.

Frequency 3 Range 1 would be a random bloodmoon every 3-4 days.

etc.

Just a plus. No minus.

Frequency 7 Range 7 would be a random bloodmoon every 7-14 days.

Frequency 10 Range 20 would be a random bloodmoon every 10-30 days.

Frequency 3 Range 1 would be a random bloodmoon every 3-4 days.

etc.

Frequency 7 range 7 example. If it is random of 7 to 14 days does that mean the next blood moon is random based on day 14? The range would be then 14 to 21? Does this mean we could have a blood moon on 14 and 15? Or if the blood moon falls on day 10 does it wait 7 days from that before we would get the 7 day random setting again? Another words 17 to 24 if it fell on day 10.

that setting comes in my mind too, but somehow i imagine its a "not real rdm". cause 20 days to bm ...hm...

atm i play 3 days to bm, 120 mins days (so its like about 7 days on 60 mins ) , but just to explore navezgane

I dont realy need a hordsave base, i used a poi 3 times and molotoves ftw....

But thx for that info

If you increase the difficulty in the game you still get the same xp reward bonus and loot drop chances, right? I would love to see it changed that you get rewarded for going up in difficulty.

i would hate it, this game has allready to many "Connections"

Its bad enough that harder

* Reduce your damage

* Raise the zombie damage

* Raise the Zombie HP

* Raise the Gamestage

all at once.

I would play with higher zombie damage, but i completly dislike Bulletsponges.

And bzw, more XP = Higher level = Higher gamestage = no more fun

I hate green armys in pois

I just reached level 50 ONLY by wrenching cars

Hey anyone know were the heck the new UserDataFolder

Is? I have a rented server and can't find it to save my life! My World Folder has an Empty a Naz an Playtest folder with no data in any of them. Config point to user fold but not finding in directory. 😥I ran a test on a Naz map an two RWG Before I had a need to remove player data after testing some minor XML tom foolery. Really need to get to Player Folder in my saved games.

Frequency 7 range 7 example. If it is random of 7 to 14 days does that mean the next blood moon is random based on day 14? The range would be then 14 to 21? Does this mean we could have a blood moon on 14 and 15? Or if the blood moon falls on day 10 does it wait 7 days from that before we would get the 7 day random setting again? Another words 17 to 24 if it fell on day 10.

The new bloodmoon is calculated from the current one. The game doesn’t “remember” past bloodmoons.

And not really directed to Greymantle but are we really getting complaints that the new settings aren’t random enough? I think the settings give a wide range of possibilities beyond even what was originally hoped for. Frequency 1 Range 20 is going to feel so close to absolutely random that most of the time nobody would notice. In the rare case that it actually goes to the twentieth day you will know what day it will absolutely have to be one day before it happens and that is only if you are keeping close track of the day count and that is easy enough to stop doing...

Hey anyone know were the heck the new UserDataFolder

Is? I have a rented server and can't find it to save my life! My World Folder has an Empty a Naz an Playtest folder with no data in any of them. Config point to user fold but not finding in directory. 😥I ran a test on a Naz map an two RWG Before I had a need to remove player data after testing some minor XML tom foolery. Really need to get to Player Folder in my saved games.

On Windows, it's now in a folder called "Generated Worlds" in the same directory as the saves folder. On Linux, I believe my brother said it created a new directory called 7DaysToDie right in the same place his Steam directory is.

Thanks Jams

On Windows, it's now in a folder called "Generated Worlds" in the same directory as the saves folder. On Linux, I believe my brother said it created a new directory called 7DaysToDie right in the same place his Steam directory is.

I'll double check the Steam folder on the remote server. This is looking like a folder access issue the provider my have over looked do to this new build!

I'll double check the Steam folder on the remote server. This is looking like a folder access issue the provider my have over looked do to this new build!

I'm not sure with the dedicated server side, but on the client side that stuff is no longer in the Steam directory (Linux, the new folder was at the same level as the Steam directory. Windows, at the same level as the Saves folder)

One thing that I noticed about the 17.2 X was that the small stones seem darker for some reason.

1. They almost look like chunks of clay. Was this done or is this a bug?

2. Also AI attack settings. This only effects how much damage they do to a block right? Damage to you will be the same no matter what this setting is right?

3. The random blood moon thing. Why did The Fun Pimps want to make this random?

Archived