Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

well.. I've been trying to find a good seed, and the more I try, the worse my maps get

just got this masterpiece, with little traces of civilization and three random paths of land inside the ocean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27573[/ATTACH]

big image -> https://i.imgur.com/MvgHnZL.png

HAHA is that desert and ocean? Hope you dont spawn on the Eastern End, thats a helluva walk for aloe :D

Personally I'm ok w the 'island' bit. But as SP only I don't need a very large map for a playthrough.

What I would -really- like as a change of pace would be a nice tropical volcanic island. Burnt Forest down one side & around the top of the caldera, Tropical Forest as main biome, whiteish sandy beaches w palm trees, main city w high-rise hotels. A real change of scenery from Arizona :) {and yes, of course, Wilson! :D }

Jack, I heard a rumor that the people that made Starvation are pulling the plug, is this true? Do you know the reason for stopping if that's true?

Starvation is Morte's baby. Morte is the code wizard. Morte isnt around. No Morte = No Starvation.

Its that simple. Has nothing to do with the Pimps or anything they are doing.

Yeah I'm feeling the same thing, Jax. Radiation is removed, so that their potential future biome doesn't need to be implemented.

There are most certainly radiation patches generated. I lost 75% of my health to them trying to find a patch of greenery on an island that closely resembles Greenland.

A warning would be useful though.

I probably missed the bit where the RWG was changed to generate Islands only...? Oh come on. That's even worse than the A17E RWG with the snow biome north and desert biome south and the annoying burned biome patches everywhere in between. I hope "Island"-Type will be optional :)

I probably missed the bit where the RWG was changed to generate Islands only...? Oh come on. That's even worse than the A17E RWG with the snow biome north and desert biome south and the annoying burned biome patches everywhere in between. I hope "Island"-Type will be optional :)

Cant you just push the water out further via rwg's xml?

If RWG is the red headed stepchild of TFP then modding is the one chained to the wall in the cellar.

I don't think you can honestly say you are supporting modders until you have a working workshop.

The game already looks absolutely fantastic it just needs to work as advertised now. Maybe its time to stop painting the car and actually fix it so it will start.

How?

Do you have time to show what needs to be modified in the code? Thanks

There really is no need, since not all seeds produce a Island. Some seeds produce peninsulas as well. It's just going to be a matter of time before ppl find those seeds that do, is all. And since not all seeds produce islands, leads me to believe it's going to be tweaked again at some point.

Anyways, if you really want to mess with it, just lower the frequencies a very-very-very small amount in the first and third modules, is one way of doing it.

If RWG is the red headed stepchild of TFP then modding is the one chained to the wall in the cellar.

I don't think you can honestly say you are supporting modders until you have a working workshop.

The game already looks absolutely fantastic it just needs to work as advertised now. Maybe its time to stop painting the car and actually fix it so it will start.

I have to respectfully disagree with you here Go.

Modding has never been better supported than it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

There are most certainly radiation patches generated. I lost 75% of my health to them trying to find a patch of greenery on an island that closely resembles Greenland.

A warning would be useful though.

I was thinking about making "Rad Zone" signs and populating the rad biome with them.

17.2 fresh save, no mods

Anybody else having the issue where encumbrance and beer have no effect on the player? (maybe other stuff too) I wiped my old saves before my first start. Verified my files after noticing the problem. Even tried starting a new save. Still having same issue.

Archived