Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I did not see anybody posting about the tree issue / bug thing. That is a known thing right? Maybe 1 out of 20 or 30 trees I hit has almost 0 HP so one hit and it goes down and you get x amount of wood. It is nice when I find them but I am certain that is not an intentional part of game play... Had a farm area yesterday that when I hit a potatoein the prefab farm the majority of the farming area collapsed because there was a small gap underneath it somehow it was real weird... I am sure you guys already know about this stuff so please do not pay me any attention. Keep up the great work Fun Pimps! The game just keeps getting better!

That is not actually a bug, It occurs when you use old generated RWG or some debug mode, then it misplace some of object. as far as I notice it. Did you see it in fresh install of game with fresh RWG, if so report that seed and issue and I am sure they will work. But i think it is mostly occuring due to conflict or updates colliding little things.

I did not preview the map but that certainly was the size of the prefab folder that I originally stated.

POI density is high in the areas I have explored so far (desert and very small amount of the burnt biome).

Diversity of pois' is not ideal (several mobile tower poi's, water works, etc.).

No idea why yours would be showing such a small prefab file.

No, it is Guzize Mountains.

Hmm then i guess the seed is different ...

wait, (busy testing stuff)

I tried to add blanks and wrote it slightly different, sadly no "Guzize Mountains" as result.

But thanks for the try to share it. Anyway we have a new "ueber Seed" with 284 KB

"gimme good map"

D87D9C0440D4BA44D8E3C5A0CBFDADE7AA85CC64

Hmm then i guess the seed is different ...

wait, (busy testing stuff)

I tried to add blanks and wrote it slightly different, sadly no "Guzize Mountains" as result.

But thanks for the try to share it. Anyway we have a new "ueber Seed" with 284 KB

"gimme good map"

D87D9C0440D4BA44D8E3C5A0CBFDADE7AA85CC64

At least you got a good seed in the end :)

So how many maps did you generate before you decided on 'gimme good map'? Lol

Was from a other user in the seed thread

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/1777136225032825174/

But still, if you have decent Seeds with over 100kb prefab.xml´s or even better >150kb.

Please share them. Even if the best map until now, its still far from perfect

(for my taste too much green, and too less traders, need a spot with at least 3 near together for my powerplays )

But yes, this moment i enjoy the crying at gamestart when i try to get enough money to get some equipment. The nerf was maybe necessary, but still, thats cruel ^^

Big Thanks to whomever put in the Disable Texture Streaming Option! :)

Sorry I didn't understand, how could be this an improvement? Isn't supposed to be a new great feature in a17?

Edit: in a17 exp b238 changelog says: Disabled texture streaming of atlases for CPU performance gains. Should I get better performance disabling texture streaming completely if I have 16gb of ram and 8gb vram?

On other side:

AI FindDestroyPos far to close mode and randomized starting edge check

AI Destroy Area can randomly trigger when close but has a long path (higher % with lower intelligence)

AI Destroy Area will try far mode if normal unreachable

AI Destroy Area states, so seek time and attack time are separate

Can somebody better explain this?

Should be 17.1 compatible. RWG is getting some massive work done to it, I don't know how long it will take, but our lead artist is working directly with Robert so we'll have the most visually compelling RWG ever in the next version. We can use height maps with it to create mountains, desert bluffs and much more natural looking terrain. On top of that it speeds generation significantly. The frame work for this is done and Robert is working on road/towns so that they will adapt to any height map we give it. Its a top priority so it should make a 17.x patch.

That's great news!

EDIT: I wrote the following before I knew A17.2 dropped so it might not be valid as I havent tried it yet.

(Please consider reducing the amount of wasteland and burnt biomes. It would make sense if wasteland would be sub-biome of an urban area and burnt biome would be sub-biome of forest.

Please also consider reducing the visual effects of those 2 biomes. It looks like a 2-year-old playing with some visual sliders when driving through them.)

Sorry I didn't understand, how could be this an improvement? Isn't supposed to be a new great feature in a17?

Edit: in a17 exp b238 changelog says: Disabled texture streaming of atlases for CPU performance gains. Should I get better performance disabling texture streaming completely if I have 16gb of ram and 8gb vram?

If you have the VRAM available, yes. It will free up the CPU for other things.

Be warned though, if you use all your VRAM it will begin paging to disk and your perf will nuke.

Mmmm

How do it get the 17.2?

I do not have the option in Beta tabs.. only 17.1

And steam launcher doesn't download anything... :(

P.s: Do i have to restart the game or can i continue with saved games? I will have to uninstall any mods installed, for example the DUST2DEATH one?

Mmmm

How do it get the 17.2?

I do not have the option in Beta tabs.. only 17.1

And steam launcher doesn't download anything... :(

P.s: Do i have to restart the game or can i continue with saved games? I will have to uninstall any mods installed, for example the DUST2DEATH one?

You want 'latest experimental' in the drop down.

You would need Dust's updated version for 17.2.

For those who are waiting to start a new world in RWG: my suggestion is to keep waiting. Lots and lots of the same POI's (bunkers, junkyards etc). Mostly small generated towns across the whole map. Looks like there hasn't changed much according to RWG (except the island).

Archived