Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It would be nice to use a hand truck to move your full chests as well. (Minecraft's Open Blocks mod has this. When moving a chest, your stamina goes to zero while moving for balance.)

Minecraft has a lot this game doesn't that is why this game isn't called Minecraft.

But seriously it be easier and better to just make a new chest and empty out from one to the other lIke it is now. Why would I want to take longer to move a chest?

Minecraft has a lot this game doesn't that is why this game isn't called Minecraft.

But seriously it be easier and better to just make a new chest and empty out from one to the other lIke it is now. Why would I want to take longer to move a chest?

Suggestions are just... suggestions.

Game stays paused. ...but really I just want that feature to cause rage.

Yeah, it would be fun as a server admin.

You can't leave it paused. People would abuse it. Log in to a server, wait til you are the last player on, pause server, and leave it running in the background. You just took the server offline whether you are an admin or not.

I agree with ya boi @Lonestarcanuck! I think furthermore that the map/time/date-system is a little bit too... easy? There is just so much information "for free"; I sometimes get the sense that i check my "Pip-Boy" and se facts such as wind, temperature, GPS, the location of my friends et.c... It was essential with "GPS" back in the days when you couldn't see past the block in previous alphas, but now i reckon navigation could be more interesting if new players solely could be focused on visual waypoints early-game. Then, you could obtain a radmap, or the jackpot: a GPS. Now i know i could download a mod and so on and so forth, but I'm simply throwing the idea and see what you guys think!

If they break when you hit them then most likely your bike will take damage. I would prefer that to just stay the way it is. The 4 wheel one might be different though who knows lol

Man, I kept a bike in 98% durability for like 30 days in a roll. They are practically unbreakable (if you take care of course). If a small amount of damage is applied (very small, after all its only a dry branch) I will don't mind at all. You will change your mind when a bear is after you and you get stuck in one of those hehe...

If you're only moving it from one spot in your base to another, then no, it wouldn't at all be easier or better to have to build a new box and make multiple trips to transfer the contents. Not sure if the feature would be really necessary, but it's still not a bad idea. And shooting down a feature simply because it exists in another game (as a mod at that) isn't constructive or even reasonable.

If you're only moving it from one spot in your base to another, then no, it wouldn't at all be easier or better to have to build a new box and make multiple trips to transfer the contents. Not sure if the feature would be really necessary, but it's still not a bad idea. And shooting down a feature simply because it exists in another game (as a mod at that) isn't constructive or even reasonable.

My thoughts are that you could make several and be able to move to a new base. Dangerous without any stamina? Sure. But quite the time saver. Do it at night in sneak mode, I guess. You could also move entire rooms of your stuff to other locations in your base. Can you tell I change my mind a lot? LOL

Update: Also, if you employ drop chests when looting a town, you could drag stuff home in one trip.

How about a protection bubble as serveroption.

If enabled a player can hit the pause Button and become froozen in a bubble.

I would allow that players on a PVE map (and use it instead of flying undergrund only to leave my pc for 2-15 minutes i need to do every day 5-50 times (no the 50 is a real estimation))

Sure this can be exploited, but now the players simply log out

How about a protection bubble as serveroption.

If enabled a player can hit the pause Button and become froozen in a bubble.

I would allow that players on a PVE map (and use it instead of flying undergrund only to leave my pc for 2-15 minutes i need to do every day 5-50 times (no the 50 is a real estimation))

Sure this can be exploited, but now the players simply log out

Just logging out is what I do now. Sometimes when I am hosting, so this will drop everyone!!! :-)

"Removed player collision from yucca and aloe to improve travel"

How about those twigs? They are everywhere in forests and the player collide with them is fine, but at least make them breakable while driving. Forests are already very crowded with obstructions.

I could see hitting a cactus having it blow up and the player taking a bit of HP damage.

Suggestion: Medicine should be an expensive perk under Science. It's not very useful at the moment although, you can train it by useing bandages not that anyone actually does.

Eventually, closer to beta release, I'd like to see most of the information server side instead of client side. This would severely hamper many hackers.

Everything should be craftable, other than resources of course. One person can strip 3 towns in 2 game days, of cars just to get one set of 600's for 1 set of banks/generators which can be slightly frustrating. I'd also like to see a return of molds for gun parts. All of this would be lvl 10 science of course.

Zed pathing isn't something I see changing. It's probably just easier to add new zeds that have different rules. Probably wouldn't hurt to play around with a "Mad Mole" zombie that digs. Keystone/bottom of the world has always been the ultimate safe zone. Would be interesting to see a "Mad Mole" destroy structural stability and dig down to players.

I'd rather see boats than gyrocopters. It's more likely that Joe Schmo builds a boat than a gyrocopter. Personal oppinion.

With boats in mind. Need some fishing and some zombie piranha. Giant bodies of water are aesthetically pleasing but, rather pointless and annoying at the moment. Day 7? Just logged in? Go for a swim. Perfectly safe. Some scary fish would take care of that.

And for the love of all that is holy, can we do something else with snowberries? You need them lvl 1 in the snow but can't craft snowberry juice until much higher level when you don't need it anymore. Maybe an additive to crazy drinks like "Crush Soda" or something. Maybe even a quick heal like aloe only, worse, and poisonous. Or an additive for curatives. Anything else.

Blocks that smoke.

One thing that would be cool to see in the game is blocks that produce smoke. They could be placed on top of a chimney to simulate smoke coming from a fire below.

May even react to weather changes like high wind and such.

Blocks that smoke.

One thing that would be cool to see in the game is blocks that produce smoke. They could be placed on top of a chimney to simulate smoke coming from a fire below.

Sounds cool! They have something like that in minecraft and it would be cool to have it in 7D as well..

However, what would happen if a guy on a multiplayer server put 100 of them in his base? fps drops for anyone in the area?

It's the same as flags... flags are in the game in trader posts, but MadMole said that they cannot allow players to craft them because of performance isssues.

Blocks that smoke.

But.... Why?

Archived