Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@FAATAL

I am not sure if this has been answered and if it has I apologize.

Has the 'bug' been fixed where you connect 2 Electric Fence Posts together with the wiring tool and the connection on one of them moves from the top of the post to half way down the post? I place my fence posts one block down so that the wire runs along the ground and gets crawlers and such. When this glitch happens the wire then goes into the ground and no one gets hit.

I see this as a non issue.

It reminds me of finding a high level steel tool on day 1. You can't use it because you stamina is empty in 3 swings.

But as it pertians to the workbench:

1. Assuming the recipes are the same, you would need a wrench and I have played MANY times where a wrench was not found on day 1.

2. Say you make a workbench....then what? You wont be able to produce anything meaningful until you get other things.

Not meaning to pile on you DaVegaNL, nothing but love for ya, but wanted to respond my thoughts on this.

Lastly, since you are a geologist, living at the foot of the Rocky Mountains (Aptly named I might add) this entire area is Granite. It causes a VERY large windshield mortality rate!

Hehe no worries mate, love right back at ya! I guess you are right regarding the other requirements for the workbench etc.

Isn't there a place in the US called boulder? That's where I want to live :)

Regarding granite; looking for new kitchens isn't so much with a geologist, according to the wife.. ^^ I kinda want to study each different kitchen counter-top up close

Regarding granite; looking for new kitchens isn't so much with a geologist, according to the wife.. ^^ I kinda want to study each different kitchen counter-top up close

There is a place called Boulder! It is where CU is. Very expensive, so I hope you are a rich geologist!

I understand about the counter tops. I drive friends crazy when I start picking movies details apart. They are like "WHO CARES?! IT IS JUST A MOVIE!!" lol

Hehe no worries mate, love right back at ya! I guess you are right regarding the other requirements for the workbench etc.

Yup, a city in Colorado. I recently traveled to that state and got to see the Garden of the Gods. Pretty impressive stuff!

Yup, a city in Colorado. I recently traveled to that state and got to see the Garden of the Gods. Pretty impressive stuff!

MY HOME TOWN! Colorado Springs is a nice town to have grown up in. And Garden of the Gods is a very beautiful place to see.

We can gate anything with levels if need be. So far I haven't really seen a need. Sure I can get a workbench fast, but there are so many other things I want and need like more hit points, more stamina, better cardio, sexual t-rex, the first pack mule perk, and that doesn't even begin to touch specializing in at least one ranged and one melee weapon. We'll probably level gate a few perks if we think its OP, or make a rare craft ingredient so even with the perk you might be scrounging a while to make what you want.

I know you guys are speculating, its all you can do at the moment but without knowing every detail you can be so far from the truth its kind of funny. Oh I can craft this or that. Big deal, its garbage without mods. A pink fire axe does the same damage as a brown one, but it has more mod slots and is more durable. But until you FIND mods (not craftable, not for sale yet) your damage isn't anything stellar. Of course we're turning a LOT of knobs right now, so its really hard to say what is what just yet.

I'm only on day 7 of my first game here but so far its been pretty hard. I don't even have any armor yet at ALL. IMO this is the greatest build by far. Like if you run out of food your screwed. Your stamina bar blacks out as your hunger increases so you have less and less energy and the more you move, melee, harvest the more calories you use. I was so weak one day I couldn't run for more than a couple seconds and couldn't really power attack and barely chop wood with primary. It was crazy. Lucikly I found some pigs and built myself a sturdy tower to shoot them from. They almost knocked it down too attacking the base of it. I'm having so much fun, even with incomplete perks and some bugs.

Nice. I'm one of the ones speculating because I'm a spectacular speculator. This write up is easing my mind about some concerns and I appreciate you taking the time to write it.

Sounds pretty good so far. It's a testament I think to how this game has touched a lot of people personally that we get all crazy over changes and try to figure stuff out. One this we are not is complacent. We eat every detail up, pour over every clue and sometimes for the worse assume a lot. But in the end it's all about being excited for what's next and how much we love the journey we have been on.

STILL waiting on them cellar doors we spoke about a few years back sir, don't think I have forgotten. AND my signed copy of the XBOX version of 7 Days I have sitting right here :)

storm-cellar-doors-1.jpg

On the right side of the screen, we could have a shared note, between friends/clan..

We need:

wood

Stone

clay

when i add something to the note, the whole team will see it..

then when i have gathered 2000 wood, ill X it

Like a notepad for players, and able to share it with the team/clan

Everyone in the team/clan can also edit it.

i dont like the perk's system at at. good for sexual t-rex miner 69 etc. but other than that no. the system whit book's is way more fun. finding the minibikebook when playing on 25%loot. that feeling is awsome!! but now? meh... press a button on the meny when hiding upstairs in a house for the night. not fun. but hey. Easy:upset:

How do you know that you might need a minibike book in the recipe eh?

I finally got around to catching up on a lot of the additions to the game and I love a lot of what is happening! I'm seriously excited for so much of what is about to happen. My one and only concern as of right now is ... no zombie loot? Unless it was already discussed in here and I'm not about to scout through the thousands of pages, but what are the chances that not one single person who died and became a zombie had something useful on them? I know people who open carry guns for example. Would these zombies just have simply said, "eh, don't need this." and toss it and empty their pockets on their search for human flesh? The people carrying snacks on them? Money? Wearable clothes? I don't get it. I think the only reason I actually go out of my way to kill a wandering horde is to get the loot. If we are basing that on gaining experience now, you have to ask yourself, what's the point in leveling up to fight zombies who have no reward other than getting more experience? If I'm leveling up, I'm doing that because I want a -reason- to kill things faster. I want what they have on them. ;)

MM's hard release date for Gold: same release date as Skyrim 2. Also, this forum will probably go quiet next Friday with the release of RRD 2. Been nice knowing you. Good luck with that thing you guys have been working on; I already forgot what it's called - something about vampires or something

Hey guys, are there any news about..when the A17's gonna be released??

Im sure some of u are following this thread way more than me.

So i dont have to read all the 200-300 pages since the last time I#ve checked this thread. thx for relpy's :)

You don't have to read hundreds of pages. Read the first one. NO release date will be given. Asking doesn't change that.

It'll be done when it's done.

In the waiting, I've started playing War of the Walkers on my server. HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT MOD.

Hey about the perk system, I have a few suggestions to make. I think it would be better if the Living Off The Land Perk was split in two separate perks for increasing animal resources yield and farming produce harvest, to create a hunter type and a farmer specialization. To me it seems OP to be good at both, (relatively early on if you try). It's immersion breaking when you play with friends or a community, and makes it harder for loners, which seems fair to me.

The first tier of the farmer(or Plant Lover) skill list could increase yield from wild plants in addition to the 20% farming yield, or perhaps the +20% could be added on the second tier. So the first farmer tier would makes sense to be acquired by a hunter since foraging is common when spending time in the wild like a hunter. Well, "just a cool roleplay idea". I'm sharing this idea cause Madmole said he wanted skills to do more than just "20% increase this and 5% that".

I would also like to see fertilizer back. The recipe could be learned at level 3 of farming. I don't care what its effect is on plants, I just like making it. Make plants grow faster? Yield one extra item for each plant with fertilizer...? They both sound good to me. I'm sharing this idea cause Madmole said he wanted skills to do more than just "20% increase this and 5% that". I noticed the fortitude skill list is full, if one extra skill was added would the UI support it? Like with a scroll bar or something...?

We can add as many pages of perks as we want, paging works. We're just trying to avoid more than 10, per attribute, but you modders are welcome to add more.

Archived