Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey Madmole, thanks for the videos, really looking forward to A17, sounds like everything will be a challenge from day one. Perks look promising and will no doubt need some balancing.

A couple of questions for A17.

1) Has there been changed to the random gen since A16, I find a lot of the seeds results in crazy mountains that even Steve Austin would struggle to climb.

2) Is there any enhancements to water . It always annoyed me that water looks patchy and doesn't fill the whole horizon like distant terrain and POI's. It really spoils the zombie vista :smile-new:

Thanks

Has anyone discussed how the gyrocopter is going to function in its entirety? How is this going to affect pvp/raid servers? Will you be able to just fly on top of peoples' bases? What's the max "altitude" you can fly at? Can you just jump out of the copter mid flight or what? Any info on how this affects raid servers would be appreciated.

Has anyone discussed how the gyrocopter is going to function in its entirety? How is this going to affect pvp/raid servers? Will you be able to just fly on top of peoples' bases? What's the max "altitude" you can fly at? Can you just jump out of the copter mid flight or what? Any info on how this affects raid servers would be appreciated.

game changer for pvp and you will be able to fly over the sky limit, faatal stated 265m

A bleeding buff, with movement slowing effect should not be that hard, but not something I think we would want to spend time on for A17. I'm sure there will be much polish and features added for a18/Beta, which would be the time to refine parts of the game.

Sure, I rather meant it to be something for later on. (Thinking about it I shouldn't have posted it to the a17 thread...)

They removed bones and fat from zombies ;c

I'll bet that in the course of balancing things, the need for those items either won't be so great, or their role could be filled in some other way. I doubt they would remove something that you need without filling the need in another way.

My guess is that some people would use the gyrocopter as a way to get to enemy bases. They may also use them to try to land n top of people's bases and break in from above. Though that could be countered by innovative base designing and placing traps/turrets on the roof. Some players might us them to make bases that could only be regularly entered by gyrocopter. If players are able to shoot down players in gyrocopters (an I'm guessing that there's a good chance they will) then it may place higher importance on snipers and rocket launcher in base defense. And from what I've read the max altitude is 200+ something blocks high.

You will still get xp from different activities. The amounts are still being balanced. A few days ago you could get xp from punching the air. That one was fixed.

i never done anything for xp. my play stile is: do what you need to do to survive and eventually thrive. i believe, many others do the same. xp coming anyway, slower or faster.

You will still get xp from different activities. The amounts are still being balanced. A few days ago you could get xp from punching the air. That one was fixed.

By the same logic, what about shooting the air? Or the ground? Or anything that isn’t an entity? Getting XP for that is a pet peeve of mine. It would be nice to know if TFP consider it intentional or not.

On the right side of the screen, we could have a shared note, between friends/clan..

We need:

wood

Stone

clay

when i add something to the note, the whole team will see it..

then when i have gathered 2000 wood, ill X it

Like a notepad for players, and able to share it with the team/clan

Everyone in the team/clan can also edit it.

If that doesn’t come to pass, I would recommend putting your to-do lists on signs in a prominent position inside your shared base.

Archived