Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

-snip-

lol - not even that.

Just framing a vague wordy question in slightly differing boundaries in your query to achieve the answer you want. Nothing preventing you in using a study to spread your particular brand of truth though. Hell even tweets go these days apparently :p

Yep, which is why independent thinking is a goldmine. Needs maintenance constantly though ;)

The update 17 comes out as an experimental or as an A17. And can you give the information in percent how far you have been with the fixed? for example 30 or 90%. That one has an idea. Thank you

Probably as Exp A17. Otherwise we'd be waiting even longer. They don't give estimations. But since streamers are getting 2 week notice. I'm guessing earliest release is octoberish.

guys i know a17 looks awesome but the character looks awfull in the last Joel twitter post

very poor graphics for characters btw it s on ultra

i don t want to be negative or something but i think people enjoying making there own character so they look good i think TFP should redone

Actually i think ull find you are completely wrong, before accusing someone of not knowing statistics you should maybe check for yourself, the game has slowly been dying since July 2017

https://steamcharts.com/app/251570

Actually you are right... The game currently has the least amount of players since November of 2015. New alpha will bring lots of old and new players back (will probably make new record of 50k) but 2 months later, people will be leaving again unfortunately. But how does one judge the "dying" factor of the game? Is it the peak amount of players, the minimum amount of players or the average over 5/6 years?

Actually i think ull find you are completely wrong, before accusing someone of not knowing statistics you should maybe check for yourself, the game has slowly been dying since July 2017

Actually you are completely wrong and your own link shows so. The game has low numbers of players and then after each update it hits record highs. Then over a period of months those numbers dwindle down.

Just like every other game in the world people don't play it for 10 month straight

If you want to sound even more doomsdayish: The game has lost active players for 7 years now, except for a few spikes whenever a new alpha came out.

Make fake statistics great again.

Not yet until other things are done. I started on blood moon spawner changes months ago, because they spawn too far, off the path grid, so they just go in a straight line and often get stuck on blocks and can never get to you. Some of our testers are doing playthroughs now and they seem to not be getting a lot of blood moon zombies, so that could be why. A lot of other higher priority things have come up since then, but I'm hoping next week to finish those changes, so the testers can start verifying the blood moon experience.

The ranger building was a test of AI destroy mode.

Hi Faatal,

Your post worries me somewhat.

In both pve and pvp players make very large bases, with multiple walls, moats etc and its not unusual as the days pile up that someones base may extend out 30-40 or even 100 blocks from its centre. Your comment on them spawning to far away leads me to think you are going to have them spawn in closer to the player and if thats true then the horde will be spawning INSIDE the players base area, possibly inside the players outer defense perimeter and this would be a very bad change if true.

Could you expand further on the spawn distance please to see if this is a concern or not?

Hey - you're right!

Last night, the game had 7,676 players but this morning it only has 5,067. It's clearly been dying since yesterday, and if this trend continues the game will be dead within twenty four hours!

Or maybe we both need to take into account longer term cycles rather than extrapolating shorter term trends as if they were constant.

as i imagined some players spawned after 2000 just to say this game is crap this game is**** , maybe they were always spawning , but this is unfix-able bug , :)

- - - Updated - - -

on other news , its unfortunate to tell the panties of peace legion that experiments showed that underoos are not bullet proof . i was wrong

https://youtu.be/0Ssoa59bM5c?t=437

As a senior citizen who loves to play 7D2D I only have one question. Is there a chance that A17 will release before my timely death?...LOL...Seriously, after waiting for over a year we should all calm down knowing it will be here sooner than later....I think?...I hope?...right?...it will won't it?

I'll try it without prejudice but i'm 80% sure i'll leave the game there where it is.

The fact that you already are 80% sure that you will leave the game after this means that you won't be trying it without prejudice. See ya!

guys i know a17 looks awesome but the character looks awfull in the last Joel twitter post

i don t want to be negative or something but i think people enjoying making there own character so they look good i think TFP should redone

Too bad those words were in the middle of the post and surrounded by negativity. One might get the impression that you did want to be negative.

In both pve and pvp players make very large bases, with multiple walls, moats etc and its not unusual as the days pile up that someones base may extend out 30-40 or even 100 blocks from its centre. Your comment on them spawning to far away leads me to think you are going to have them spawn in closer to the player and if thats true then the horde will be spawning INSIDE the players base area, possibly inside the players outer defense perimeter and this would be a very bad change if true.

Could you expand further on the spawn distance please to see if this is a concern or not?

Faatal can give you a technical answer, but I'll hazard a non-technical one: People can break the boundaries of the game if they want, and TFP can't be held responsible if they do. For the sake of computing power (among other things), zombies don't spawn past a certain range. If your base extends beyond that range, then there will be problems. The problems might be no spawns, or they might be spawns within your base. You can't have everything.

Hey - you're right!

Last night, the game had 7,676 players but this morning it only has 5,067. It's clearly been dying since yesterday, and if this trend continues the game will be dead within twenty four hours!

It's the end of the world!!

As a senior citizen who loves to play 7D2D I only have one question. Is there a chance that A17 will release before my timely death?...LOL...Seriously, after waiting for over a year we should all calm down knowing it will be here sooner than later....I think?...I hope?...right?...it will won't it?

R.I.P

TUKLpmO.gif

Are you 89 years old, sir?

A lot of other higher priority things have come up since then, but I'm hoping next week to finish those changes, so the testers can start verifying the blood moon experience.

The ranger building was a test of AI destroy mode.

Does this mean that the experimental 17 Alpha will not be available next week? :crushed:

The fact that you already are 80% sure that you will leave the game after this means that you won't be trying it without prejudice. See ya!

I'll try the patch because as i said things seems better only on the graphic and technical side and i'm curious to discover more. You can't clearly discern a prejudice from a first look.

I'm 80% sure i'll leave the game because time has passed and i'm not gonna risk to wait again all this time for an update,there are a lot of entertaining and finished game to play.

This dude just summed up what I have been thinking the past 6 months. I also notice that not a lot of the original people that were so stoked about this game, and the updates almost every quarter, are no longer posting on this forum. Frankly, I have bought 5-6 new games in the past year that have occupied my time. I used to religiously play 7DTD, along I might add, with 10-15 players on a rented server that lived this game religiously. I really miss those days, and the games that have caught my "renewed" interest have far better graphics, storylines, and are leaps and bounds over what their betas, alphas, omegas, and all other updates they come out with, at least every 3 months. I mean, cool alpha, I have been playing since '14, and I and several other friends are tired of the waiting and "visions" and "this is where we hope to be by this and that date" comments from the developers for the past 4+ years. By the time this game is out in beta, or finished, or whenever it is "done" , there will be a far better game that has a story line, a point to the long play, or really anything that has been "promised" and or "goals" that will leave this game as a very fond memory. Just my thoughts, not constructive, but from my honest opinion. I bought it, I have played over 3300 hours, but maybe it is time for me to move on instead of looking forward to any future updates of the game. I wish TFP success, and I hope you are pleased when your goals are met. I mean that!

guys, if you do not like to see games progress, do not buy early acess.

for me, it is like getting multiple games for one price. every update is new beginning and new challenges. i may or may not like changes, only time can tell.

The bodies for both the male and female have been redone but I don't know about the face.

as i imagined some players spawned after 2000 just to say this game is crap this game is**** , maybe they were always spawning , but this is unfix-able bug , :)

- - - Updated - - -

on other news , its unfortunate to tell the panties of peace legion that experiments showed that underoos are not bullet proof . i was wrong

https://youtu.be/0Ssoa59bM5c?t=437

Luckily for us the zombies don't use guns.

Packpacks and maps

I- First of all, allowing the back pack to be expanded is great. I just think that it could be presented in a better way.

Instead of making off all the space that the player (could have). Why not keep it from showing at all? So if the player starts off with three rows in the back pack then only three rolls show.

Then as the player progresses and spends points into areas that expand the back pack. It shows up. Each investment opens up more space and may keep the player guessing as to how much space they can max out with.

I know that some players may be upset and think that the new game limits the player, (not knowing) that they can expand it latter. But it will be a whole lot more fun this way. :)

II- Hoping to see a screen shot of a new RG map of Alpha-17.

Archived