Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hmmm...that’s my point - air blocks don’t have a positive value in that calculation, so will a zed step off a cliff (lower pathing value) or dig down? Think of a deep pit encircling your base to bedrock....

if there is no sealing on top of you , they likely will dig if its less than 6000(concert hp) * 2 . then they will dig. having a sealing . means they 100% will jump into it .. fataal will correct me if iam wrong , any time he is around.

Hmmm...that’s my point - air blocks don’t have a positive value in that calculation, so will a zed step off a cliff (lower pathing value) or dig down? Think of a deep pit encircling your base to bedrock....

It would be nice if some zombies determined that it was more beneficial to find a way around (that is attack a wall next to the pit which would keep them on the same level as the player). Of course, with a moat, they'll just drop down and start beating at the supports (whatever they are) and/or attempt to make "stairs" back up.

if there is no sealing on top of you , they likely will dig if its less than 6000(concert hp) * 2 . then they will dig. having a sealing . means they 100% will jump into it

The base would still be above ground - it would have an empty ‘moat’ around it. The zeds wouldn’t have a ceiling to jump on to.

It would be nice if some zombies determined that it was more beneficial to find a way around (that is attack a wall next to the pit which would keep them on the same level as the player). Of course, with a moat, they'll just drop down and start beating at the supports (whatever they are) and/or attempt to make "stairs" back up.

I had a horde base (11x11) with a 2 block wide pit all the way around it down to bedrock. In the centre of the base, a hatch elevator that went down to bedrock, with inverted steel spikes at the bottom and 100mm concrete pillars so I could loot the corpses. I only built one because of the effort (dug it without an auger) and it made horde night very boring - I didn’t use a single bullet or arrow lol

I had a horde base (11x11) with a 2 block wide pit all the way around it down to bedrock. In the centre of the base, a hatch elevator that went down to bedrock, with inverted steel spikes at the bottom and 100mm concrete pillars so I could loot the corpses. I only built one because of the effort (dug it without an auger) and it made horde night very boring - I didn’t use a single bullet or arrow lol

A17 . In your case the supports are dirt ? if so then they will bring the whole thing down . if they made it alive .. thats why we need more types of zombies .. this will vary even more styles in gameplay . coz no one will think of his defense like another .

RC IS lil white er right? no?

A17 . In your case the supports are dirt ? if so then they will bring the whole thing down . if they made it alive .. thats why we need more types of zombies .. this will vary even more styles in gameplay . coz no one will think of his defense like another .

Concrete pillars at the base, but the zeds have to survive the fall onto the steel spikes first. I think the only ones that survived were the wights but with so little health you could one shot them with a machete.

Edit: I’m on my iPad at the moment, when I get on my pc later I’ll post some pics - it will make more sense!

We know it won’t be this weekend - the streamers get notified on the Monday before release and they haven’t been told yet so...

Sure, I just had a heart attack because I thought I saw that. To me it would mean next week, which is where my hopes are at the moment (an announcement tuesday/wednesday)

new floor textures from Joel :)

You should see my smile when i saw this, looks fantastic ... ahem .. pimptastic :)

- - - Updated - - -

also . Roland , you have to be the first seeing this and posting about it , stop trolling us a lil and see your jop . or that is your jop ?

Archived