Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

043846417e776e37145dbcf8190d84e440344235f8ddb7fe4b730836d8d145ec3a7b9bae.jpg

so Roland , MM gamplay green? or there is still some more ,

MM said at the last seconds that most of texture done and he is up for some more videos , is it me or someone else :) ?

so many questions in my head , i ll leave the people ask first and if my questions isnt there it ll be my turn>

zombies will left backpack or something instead of gore blocks, if there is loot

I'd noted that, but removing the "nonsense loot" is effectively a death toll to populated servers [i'm an avid pvp setting player, a good chunk of loot comes from zeds]

The things that baffle me is that I'm willing to bet a thousand dukes that #1. Armor still does not affect bullets from enemy players [sniper is basically 1 shot to the torso or above] and #2 there is no plans to fix the bows bugging out, as its been going on for.... atleast 6 alphas that i've kept up with the game.

Its got potential, but tying HP to hydration levels? seriously? thats just so bad. Those of us who play on difficulty 6 are going to have more hell than it was. Tsk.

I don't want to sound like im harping, so i'm about to make a list of IMPROVEMENTS I NOTED:

Vehicles

Memory tweaks, better performance

Increased backback [maybe? havent had enough of skill point system to look, but im willing to wager that its becoming closer to Ultima Online, and the solo joe is getting rekt yet again, increaseingly harder to play solo]

Zed pathing improved greatly

Thats about it; I'm not much of a visuals guy, I'm the guy who likes stealth and player blood, and of course their loot. All in all might have some potential, can't wait to see. What im curious about is; what is maximum health now if wellness is gone. are we getting rekt again?

Basically...

1) Zombies are a lot less likely to have loot.

2) Therefore there's no need for them all to leave a resource-using gore block.

3) Therefore dead zombies simply disappear after they time out or take too much damage; which is good for performance.

4) On the odd occasion that a zombie will drop loot, since there's now no gore block to contain it, it will appear in a backpack instead.

All good news, especially after horde nights, but with no gore blocks how do we get bones for glue? If recipe is the same A16, it will make shotgun turrets and exploding bolts (and a lot of other stuff) totally useless because we won't have resources to craft it.

vultures may have areas they like... but... are not restricted to any particular zone. this is one time where it may be useful to keep looking up... :)

Awesome!

Now tell me that the Vulture Roaming Horde is a thing now!!

Please!

- - - Updated - - -

Ty Cup for this good answer :)

What does MadMole mean at 20:46?

I am not able to walk backward and kite z´s anymore?

I think its about a comment of Faatal. Until the a17 the zombie had movement animation or attack animation, it can't do both at same time. On a17 it can move and hit you at same time.

im with everyone else here, the lack of junk loot from zombies and loot in general from them is a major downside. wellness was one thing, i get refining the system. but now your gona make killing zombies in general just lacklustre. there's no reward to killing the zombies, may as well just kite them outside and lose them, where as before, your encouraged to thin the horde due to the rewards you get. all the *junk* in this game has its use, so collecting what you can and making use of it, is a integral part of the game.

big downer for me. but, otherwise it looks steller!

Ty Cup for this good answer :)

What does MadMole mean at 20:46?

I am not able to walk backward and kite z´s anymore?

I might be mistaken but wasn’t he also moving slower backwards now as compared to A17.

My note on video:

Awesome rhat we can loot back some of the arrows.

Game looks gorgeous imo. Also loved how you were talking about uvs while a lumberjack zed chased you.

im with everyone else here, the lack of junk loot from zombies and loot in general from them is a major downside. wellness was one thing, i get refining the system. but now your gona make killing zombies in general just lacklustre. there's no reward to killing the zombies, may as well just kite them outside and lose them, where as before, your encouraged to thin the horde due to the rewards you get. all the *junk* in this game has its use, so collecting what you can and making use of it, is a integral part of the game.

Agreed. Everything has to have its use. Getting lucky with the zombie loot is part of the grind. I hope they realize this.

Like everyone else I think adding more zombie loot back in would be really great, the bag drop system sounds good though. Also when you break a dead zombie you should get some rotten flesh and bones. Everything else looks great though, especially the arrows.

I mean, I understand some may find it "unuseful" but, as they say; another mans junk, is another mans treasure; Rebalance the loot tables to have less loot per body, but overall the same junk over say, a 100 kills. ESPECIALLY brass, good god man, late game brass is only coming from loot on pvp settings. Don't do us that way TFP! please.

Not that Im against the zeds going "poof!" when they die but leaving a "blood decal" on the ground would be cool, like you see on the roads. Plus it would just make things a touch more impressive in the gore department. Imagine seeing blood pools everywhere after a bloodmoon/wandering horde event and then they fade out after a few mins.

edit:Oh! Thank you for the video and Thank you to all of TFP devs for your continued work and efforts.

Not that Im against the zeds going "poof!" when they die but leaving a "blood decal" on the ground would be cool, like you see on the roads. Plus it would just make things a touch more impressive in the gore department. Imagine seeing blood pools everywhere after a bloodmoon/wandering horde event and then they fade out after a few mins.

This would be insanely cool, Alpha 18 maybe?

Yea my biggest reason for killing zeds is getting loot. Not a fan of removing so much loot. Especially since half the cabinets seem to be the already looted version.

" HAH , no one likes anything in A17 ,every one is complaining " MM says

but hay , its still a thing that Z,s have loot , its just a backpack so stop complaining if it has loot it will drop loot , but the people of the

gore blocks " ANIMALS STILL HAVE BONES AND FATS , GO HUNTING " , Didnt see any thing else i have comments on, lets wait .

hay ,Roland zombies seems slower and yet easier to kill with the new AI , i thought you said its a nightmare ? :)

Regarding zombie loot:

Change is hard. Adaptation is fun.

I thought the same thing y’all did when I first heard the news. But having tried it out it has its plusses as well. Net is positive for me.

There is still a Scavenging skill?

Archived