new random gen world seeds for ALPHA 16

Janna3921

I used my village name, 'Kutu' as a seed, and found it quite great. You spawn close to a decent size city, with a few more nearby. It's bordering a desert with lots of Yucca plants to help you get started. A great body of water just East of town will give you plenty to fill up those cans and bottles. The town seems to have everything, including an easily defensible lighthouse(?) tower. Granted, I'm a noob and a wimp, and I set the zombies to never run. But I believe reinforcing a 5x5 base and surrounding it with enough traps to tide away the horde would be easier than the usual house base camp.

A bit off topic: In my first two-stories house hideout, I cut the stairs at the top, and destroy the side which was connected to the wall of the upper room where I camped. I also divided the floor with a hole which drops the zombies right down to the first floor. Pretty decent setup for my current purpose, but I'm not sure it would be ready for the weekly horde of the normal setup, especially for this spider zombies I keep hearing about. Any advice?

Can I ask please, how are you all printing your random generated maps?

Go to Editing Tool on main menu for PC, enter seed top left, select size then press Enter to generate. Use Steam F12 to capture screenshot, if you wish to host elsewhere save image URL and CTRL+V on imgur. Should point out that you have to zoom right out above the map to get everything in.

Go to Editing Tool on main menu for PC, enter seed top left, select size then press Enter to generate. Use Steam F12 to capture screenshot, if you wish to host elsewhere save image URL and CTRL+V on imgur. Should point out that you have to zoom right out above the map to get everything in.

WOW! I didn't see that. I've been away from the game for a while and never saw that. That is way cool.

Thank you for the help.

LOL. I feel so lost. I can't figure out where I am on the map. hahahaha It's huge!

;-; Nooooooo...

Well crap... Any tips on how to find a city? lol

You may try walking in one direction until you find a road and then follow it.

It can be hard to find a city on console. I've played maps where I didn't find a city for weeks on Xbox.

Hey guys i tried to test a seed deleted it and made the same seed on this alpha and it wasnt even like that one i was previous on with the same name i used the name jazmin and i find them the best seeds hardly wastelands

Yes 0,0 is center of the map.

When I have trouble finding water I usually head to a snow biome and dig for an hour or two. In SP, a full stack of snow will last me A LONG time.

I know it's a week old response, but every town seems to have multiple water towers, and they actually have water inside, they are not just for decoration. Climb to the top, break a hole in it and get all the water you need. Don't break the side or you'll have a mess. Just break from the top.

Seed: GoonieGooGoo

Awesome spawn point; seed "GoonieGooGoo." You start off right between not one, not two, but three Traitor Joel's (542N 2393W)- followed by a major city named New Bepabiton. Below is the entire map with the red circle indicating the spawn area.

2062939388_GoonieGooGooSpawnLocation.jpg.e0811193c0d0f0d3516442947a8c9655.jpg

Here is an in-game picture of the spawn location (I just levitated vertically to take the screenshot)

GoonieGooGoo2.thumb.JPG.b7c54184fdb0a8a12415dd78e3d048a1.JPG

New Bepabiton has all the major buildings to loot!

1096605007_NewBepationHighlights.thumb.jpg.4fbb722ff0578b81425fdae83bfadc34.jpg

...and you can keep on going to the North of New Bepabiton.

331441703_GoonieGooGooSpawnLocation2.thumb.jpg.4d79b111f4841d48218af329d61fb159.jpg

...or you can head South of the spawn point. There are some awesome, strategically placed roads leading across the waterways (great once you can build your minibike).

Enjoy

Faskar, spoiler image below!!! Thanks for sharing!

Billion Dollar Club looks pretty damn good! Think I'll restart, but man it takes so much longer to get going in A16!

That is "Billion Dolla". You need to modify the HUD to run preview a seed with more than 13 characters.

Billion Dollar Club

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576

Did anyone want some ocean front property?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:576

Hi! I have a problem with RWG and i hope somebody can help me. In my SP i find too many rivers so i wanted to check it out at the Editing Tool but the name i can introduce there for the seed is shorter than the name of my SP game. So what i get in the preview is not accurate. Could this be right? I'm considering wiping the map leaving just the region where my base is and put a shorter seed name, but that's gonna get me some weird cuts at the edges. I'm quite advanced (level 150) and starting from 0 doesnt' float my boat.

Filters

Pressing the TAB key changes the map colors.

The first 'filter' (default) shows the biomes.

The second 'filter' shows you the grid, and roads seem fully connected in that view.

The third 'filter' makes the terrain all white, but there are blotches of color around cities. Anyone figure out what these colors mean?

The second 'filter' shows you the grid, and roads seem fully connected in that view.

The third 'filter' makes the terrain all white, but there are blotches of color around cities. Anyone figure out what these colors mean?

Probably shows where citys are located at

I didn't know about the tab key, thanks for that. The colors in the cities are for the different districts like new residential, old residential, commercial, etc.

Seedname: 7daystodie

Description: This seed is great especially if you prefer to build in forest and snow biomes. But don´t worry, other biomes are close by, so you should easily find a place to stay and build a base. In the marked area you will find: all skyscapers, 2 hospitals, a lot of houses to loot, factories and facilities, carlots, shops, schools, stadium, farms.

Also I found 6 traders in this area so far. 1 of them is in the middle of two cities. I am certain there will be a lot more on the map if you explore it by yourself.

Have fun!

aztJUmL.jpg

Seed name: Giritontro

Description:

A decent sized military town just north of spawn, with a couple of military tent POI containing munition box and some soldiers with potential early equipment loot. The town is on desert biome so you have lots of yuccas to start you off. The military town has the missile bunker installation for some great loots. Also has a motel which gave me multiple wrenches to set you off a pretty good start. By day 6 already had myself equipped with more pistols than you can carry, a shotgun, and a hunting rifle with lots of parts. First airdrop gave me sniper rifle too. Multiple water towers for water sources nearby, also a house with flooded basement at the north-western part of town for even easier water access.

A second town is just northwest, with a trader located right between the two town. By late second week, I already have most weapon schematics and the minibike book too.

Haven't found a skyscraper yet, though. Might cheat a bit and roam the preview map later to find one.

GT.jpg.3a326aadf6c6b07efed4dfc0d0df4e94.jpg

For fun, I tried "America" seed and I spawned in on top of this massive mountain. All around me were deep valleys between huge tall mountains. Hardly no flat area at the spawn in. Theres a house on top of one of these mountains that was pretty cool. I haven't ventured out much of this area, I was just "seed playing" trying to find a cool one.

Archived