new random gen world seeds for ALPHA 16

Janna3921

Zlayer: Here is my mixer file, just compare it in notepad++.

https://mega.nz/#!ELxhyLJS!osIyJEpZIs9inHK4UzR9PuJaaw2NfVmD5RMhKUJklqk

The seed name i use Is always letstryagian spelled like that.

I just keep tweaking, but i use the same name so i can actually tell the terrain change. You can use any seed though but will rearrange the land.

The big square cities are full of POIs. Just copy and paste the last section to make the land flatter.

I also edited some of the Navonly and Dev only Pois so i could see them in Random gen.

Last do a seed 1 or 2 render look at biome layout, if you favor others just switch them and plains become forest.

hope this helps.

This is my lazyboy world. As a nomad I use Poi's, and rarely get to build a minbike, so I have to run a lot. The closest cities on this map are still 2 minutes with beer and coffee real world time apart. If i like a city layout but not the biome i just switch it.

http://i.imgur.com/74c3EiK.png

PM me i will prob miss it otherwise, is lazyboy the seed name? My bro always ends up with poi's so far away he dont like playing. This looks great for him.

since b7 messed up my game i decided to give random gen a shot. i tried "Somewhere" & I've gotta say, i was a bit pissed at having to start a new game but this seed is amazing. countless towns, several of which have multiple stores. the map seems huge. I've only had my minibike for a few hours of gameplay but all i can say is wow. props to whoever originally posted this seed name

Does anybody know a seed with minimum number of cities?

How few is Minimum? Pocket Rocket has very few cities (maybe 2 big and 1 small), but its mostly water... Shazbut has 2 large, 1 medium and 2 small... again mostly water and mountains... All that you are doing with few cities is limiting your own flat areas to build. Or pushing the cities well out side easy access areas.

True pain, Voltron, is a painful map seed...

Okay - apologies that this one has a swear in it - it came after trying like 20 seeds that were all terrible. If we replace the F-bomb with a Flip, and you know that Flip means F##k the seed is "flipsdakefunpimps" or "f##ksdakefunpimps" for those with no imagination.

It'll be cropped, but you need to type the full thing in to get the result.

you'll get a busy map! I suggest you aim for a town at roughly -1409 (south) and -1795 (west), It's got an under-well bunker, the building site, All 3 skyscrapers, an Ostrich hotel, a factory and oil refinery aswell as a gas station, motel, houses, shamway, shanty town and a defencible cornetto building in the middle. Grasslands wit htress nearbye, and a multitue of traders and other towns very nearbye. All biomes except wasteland nearby.

Try it, you'll LOVE it.

Can anyone tell me how do I setup the map size? I mean, in the "Edit tools" the random gen preview tool have a sector called "size" but when you start a new game and choose randomgen the menu don't let you choose the size.

(Also, It the size section says 1-5, but i notice that if you put 0 there it only creates the central city and some surroundings its that something that can be used?)

Can anyone tell me how do I setup the map size? I mean, in the "Edit tools" the random gen preview tool have a sector called "size" but when you start a new game and choose randomgen the menu don't let you choose the size.

(Also, It the size section says 1-5, but i notice that if you put 0 there it only creates the central city and some surroundings its that something that can be used?)

World size is set in rwgmixer.xml, and defaults to 10000x10000. You can increase it if you really want to, I think I'm running at 12500x12500 just for fun, but that is a LOT of realestate to explore, even with a minibike.

World size is set in rwgmixer.xml, and defaults to 10000x10000. You can increase it if you really want to, I think I'm running at 12500x12500 just for fun, but that is a LOT of realestate to explore, even with a minibike.

At the top of rwgmixer, this is what I'm using:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1500" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="12500" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla">

Notice that I changed cell_size from 1800 to 1500. Don't make it too small or you get really weird results.

You also need to go to the bottom of the file and change 10000 to 12500, like this:

<biome_spawn_rule name="radiated">

<distance_from_center range="12500,20000"/>

</biome_spawn_rule>

If you wanted a smaller world, I supposed you could reduce the size from 10000 to like 7500 or 5000 or whatever....

Navezgane is about 1800x1800, by comparison.

Man. This sounds like it would be a simple fix by the devs. Why isn't it fixed yet?

I wish they would, and I really hope it is on their to-do list. Simple things like adjusters for:

Biome size and distribution

World size

Amount of water.

Average mountain height.

Just to name a few

Especially amount of water and mountaints. Too many seeds generate worlds that are ruined by the water and/or mountains everywhere. RWG in it's current incarnation is borderline playable, and you have to go through a lot of seeds to find a world you like. It should not be so difficult and time consuming just to find a world you want to play.

Shotgun Messiah

*Blush* Don't ask me why.

Seed name: Vajayjay

4 Massive city's less than 500m apart, nice flat even ground, water nearby. One of the City's even has two Shotgun stores in it. Plenty of highrises in each.

EDIT: The Shotgun stores are 1. SGM superstore + 1. SGM regular store.

Name: End of Times

Been playing on this one for a little bit now. Has 3-4 good sized cities within 1km of where I got started.

A nice mix of biomes and elevation from the little Ive explored so far. I tend not to venture out too far from where I settle until I get a minibike assembled. I have all the pieces, just need to assemble it after I read the book.

Im not too sure how the rest of the world is since I dont use the map preview thing.

Archived