new random gen world seeds for ALPHA 16

Janna3921

Hey everyone, I am looking for a new seed for my MP server that is giant with good amount of cities. Does anyone have any suggestions? For awhile now I have been using that BillionDollar one in the earlier postings of this topic.

Dexterra has an insane number of cities.

Stop looking for good seed, with 16.3 b7, they modified rwgmixer.... so most of the map have change from what I've seen on 3-4 map tested in preview. The stores have changed a lot in some map, even the city seems bigger and some totally disapered

Some poi spawn groups like commercial have poi changed in the list and prob, new group created..... anyway, be prepared for a wipe

Seed: direwolf

First map my friend and I will try in A16. Looked for something not too hard. Map has a huge, almost completely plain region around 3000N / 200W. There are four towns in view distance, a trader centered between these towns, multiple caves. When we are done looting those four towns, there is a big town to the north east with three skycrapers. Middle of the plain region is the perfect spot for building.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20630[/ATTACH]

dude this seed is awesome, when i play spawned next to a cabin and a trader

10/10 would recommend !!

Detailed Instructions for how and where to teleport for a fair start are in the reddit thread. Exact coordinates with a picture and all that jazz.

For good seeds you shouldn't have to teleport IMO. For example, dexterra was a good one because the trader and towns were always somewhat nearby. I'm still looking for a seed that tops that one.

I've restarted at day 1 so many times, that I no longer spend hours running around looking for a good place to setup my base. I just teleport along the roads until I find one, which usually takes just minutes.

FWIW...I'm currently using the seed Yakitori (something good to eat while playing 7D2D)(something good to eat anytime for that matter). I just headed about 1500 units north and found a nice house near a sprawling city, and didn't actually do any teleporting at all. Just a but further north is a small Lake, also good place to set up shop.

For good seeds you shouldn't have to teleport IMO. For example, dexterra was a good one because the trader and towns were always somewhat nearby. I'm still looking for a seed that tops that one.

dexterra looks really really good if you like lots of big towns!

here's a few that I've found with a nice mix.

My Game

funpimps

ohsnap

Looking for a seed that's mostly one type, or only one type, of biome. Any kind of biome will do. Just tired of unrealistic transitions and such.

I highly doubt that you will find that in random gen; that is it's tradmark, it is all random and so the biomes get randomized and end up in patches. was exploring a seed to see what was where and as I traveled there it was almost a straight line of plains beside maple forest. Then following the road it was plains on both side as far as I could see, not houses, noting but brown and occasionally a tree. Then I see patches of maple forest, plains, then come to a town. nice small town, no big towers or stores, but a good starter town to live in as you travel to find one closer. but there was at one end a patch of burnt forest that turned into wasteland then I think went into another biome, but not sure. other direction was all plains then forest then plains then mixed of desert, plains and a small patch of snow.

Planning on exploring dexterra today, see what I can find, just exploring. Have zombies off so I can explore without being killed every hour. Limited to play time while recovering from surgery so focusing more on seeing what the seed has not on fighting zombies.

As I examine various seeds I will keep a eye open for one that has a section of one or at most two biomes near some towns and a trader, but I think that will be hard to find.

How few is Minimum? Pocket Rocket has very few cities (maybe 2 big and 1 small), but its mostly water... Shazbut has 2 large, 1 medium and 2 small... again mostly water and mountains... ...

True pain, Voltron, is a painful map seed...

The less is the better. Too many cities is unrealistic imo. Thanks, I'll give these seeds a try.

I haven't checked this one in the previewer because I didn't want to spoil myself, but Bees put me very close to two big cities and in a rolling landscape without giant mountains all around. I can add my location later so you can teleport there.

Edit: I'm really liking this seed (Bees). Rolling terrain with some low mountains, and the biomes tend to be large so it's not a lot of jarring transitions. I haven't seen any big terrain glitches. There are at least 4 cities within a few hours' run, and I am very close to two cities. There is a trader, an apartment tower, a Crack A Book tower, a hospital, a construction site, and small Working Stiffs and Shotgun Messiah stores. The area I am in is mostly plains, maple forest, and pine forest, so it transitions well. The only drawback is no desert nearby and tundra a few hours away, so not much aloe, oil shale, or nitrate to be found. I figure I'll dig some mines elsewhere later.

I set up on a small island at 2211 S, 571 W. My horde tower is on the road nearby where it is flat. There is a ton of clay on the little island and an iron vein. You could also set up more conveniently near the trader and right between the two cities, but I thought the island was pretty.

anyone playing on the "Somewhere" seed & have some co ordinates of must see poi's? now that 16.3 has given me roads that lead to places I'm heading on some pretty lengthy road trips. i found 1 mine with gold etc before having to start over, just wondering if anyone has info of any other mines.

Archived