Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

8 minutes ago, seven said:

I haven't been using creative or debug options but I've had about 14 vehicle duplications now. In nearly 3k hours in the game I've only had 3 or 4 duplications prior to this. And again, it's not the dupes that bother me so much, it's the vehicles moving back and forth between locations where I've left them. In the screenshots I posted earlier you can see vehicles parked in one spot have moved to another after logging in again. What I didn't show (because they were dark and harder to see) were following screenshots as I logged in multiple times where the vehicles moved back and forth between positions. It's like there are two (or more) positions saved for the same vehicle. I do wonder if there is bad data in my save, not enough to stop loading, but enough to cause problems.

Whatever is happening with your save, that's not an issue caused by UL, because it can happen in vanilla and other mods too. While playing UL it might trigger more frequently than vanilla, because you want to collect all the different vehicles whilst in vanilla if you get the 4x4 and that's probably the only transportation you really need and because of the amount of vehicles active in the world in UL you essentially are increase the chance of triggering whatever bug is happening with them.

7 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Whatever is happening with your save, that's not an issue caused by UL, because it can happen in vanilla and other mods too. While playing UL it might trigger more frequently than vanilla, because you want to collect all the different vehicles whilst in vanilla if you get the 4x4 and that's probably the only transportation you really need and because of the amount of vehicles active in the world in UL you essentially are increase the chance of triggering whatever bug is happening with them.

That is true. While I often have multiple vehicles in vanilla, it's not quite so many, and they are usually spread out over the map, not just a few adjoining chunks.

I've been thinking maybe it started because I am using a kinggen map. I was exploring a new part of the map one day and noticed no zombies or animals were spawning. I opened the console to see if it showed any spawns in the area, and I never saw so much red before. Just a constant stream of errors. When I got closer to home things were back to normal, but it was after that I started having the vehicle problems.

8 minutes ago, seven said:

Just a constant stream of errors. When I got closer to home things were back to normal, but it was after that I started having the vehicle problems.

That right there is a red flag and key information. Something went horribly wrong with the game. Normally you should not be getting a stream of constant errors.

Hello. I can't make the textures look good even playing it in ultra. I have disabled the "texture streaming" but still objects are blurred when I approach them. Any idea how to fix it?.

My pc specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: 2x Nvidia Evga RTX 3090 XC3 Gaming 24GB GDDR6X

RAM: 64 GB Kingstone HyperX Fury Black DDR4 3200 Mhz

3 hours ago, deuxmor said:

Hello. I can't make the textures look good even playing it in ultra. I have disabled the "texture streaming" but still objects are blurred when I approach them. Any idea how to fix it?.

My pc specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: 2x Nvidia Evga RTX 3090 XC3 Gaming 24GB GDDR6X

RAM: 64 GB Kingstone HyperX Fury Black DDR4 3200 Mhz

Is motion blur turned on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am confused on how solar banks work in this mod. I cannot craft one, still havent seen one at trader at level 120. I can find one but holding down 'E' I get Open or Turn on.  Even if placing a land claim block, I cannot get 'pick up' option.  Is this where I have to scrap many until I get a bank (like a motor from a cement mixer) ?

2 hours ago, SideShow_Bob said:

I cannot craft one, still havent seen one at trader at level 120. I can find one but holding down 'E' I get Open or Turn on.  Even if placing a land claim block, I cannot get 'pick up' option.  Is this where I have to scrap many until I get a bank (like a motor from a cement mixer) ?

You cannot use the solar banks you see in the world in POIs (That's just the same as in vanilla). You cannot make them, the only way to get them is through buying from Trader from the special secret stash. They would start to show up only if you max out better barter perk or have it level 4 with very high level in trading action skill. Same goes with solar cells, that you put in the solar banks.

Workstations and stuff like solar banks (generated by the world) cannot be picked up by the player, that's an intentional limitation, otherwise it would be too easy to get stations and free electrical energy if you could just pick them up and move them wherever you like, but I also understand your frustration and confusion in the matter, because it's an imposed gameplay limitation without logical backing behind it.

I'll try to figure out alternative ways on how you can get your hands on them in the next update, meanwhile however it is what it is, hope it helps to clarify things!

Ok thanks, that explains it.  I am seeing solar cells from the traders, but yet to see a bank so maybe its just luck.   Maybe in the journal have an entry for items like that as 'trader only'.  Thanks for the quick reply too.  PS I am really enjoying this mod, longest game time I've invested yet.

I'd like to start by congratulating you on the awesome job - this mod has revamped this game for me and it's really enjoyable! I'm having a really good time with it!

That being said, I'm having some issues. The most annoying is the load time - when starting the game from scratch (after booting or re-launching the game) and loading a save game, it takes just shy of 3 minutes to load my save game - it's a plain Navezgane map. My machine is pretty fast - i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 32 gigs of RAM and I'm running the OS and the game off of a NVME m.2 drive! Surely there must be something wrong?

I'm attaching a screenshot of the console during the save game load:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx4ipk9ysdg532a/W1mMPNRLw1.png

At first I thought there must be something wrong with my game instance, so I reinstalled the whole game (v16.6 b8) from scratch, with no mods - and the load times were the same. I'm not familiar with debugging this, but what I'm seeing is:

Set Microsplat smooth: MicroSplatConfig_smoothAO_tarray_1 -> takes 1 minute, 25 seconds

BlockIDs from Mapping -> another 45 seconds

ItemIDs from Mapping and other bits -> up to the total load time.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Or where to look for more information? 

Much appreciated!

Chris

@Enethal There's only so much that can be done about this, since it's additional content that has to be loaded on top of vanilla, so no matter what, load times will be longer.

Nor you or I can really impact this much, but I heard TFP mentioning, that A20 will bring optimizations, so fingers crossed, that there would be improvements for load times! 😁

18 minutes ago, Subquake said:

@Enethal There's only so much that can be done about this, since it's additional content that has to be loaded on top of vanilla, so no matter what, load times will be longer.

Nor you or I can really impact this much, but I heard TFP mentioning, that A20 will bring optimizations, so fingers crossed, that there would be improvements for load times! 😁

Definitely! I totally understand, since I have a technical background. It was just a curiosity of mine. Are you getting similar load times? 3 minutes really seems like a hell of a lot 😁

42 minutes ago, Enethal said:

Definitely! I totally understand, since I have a technical background. It was just a curiosity of mine. Are you getting similar load times? 3 minutes really seems like a hell of a lot 😁

yep, on an M.2 NVME I get about additional 2 extra minutes when loading UL compared to vanilla.

45 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Possible bug in the current stable 2.4.28: The text of Magnum book 4 says that bartering with a .44 gun gets you better prices, but the non-vanilla .44 guns do not provide that bonus.

mm, yes, it's most likely that the non-vanilla .44 guns don't have the correct item tags associated to that book, thanks for noticing, I'll investigate that :)

5 hours ago, B0LTS said:

Logged on today and all of my vehicles are one seaters. Is this a known glitch? First I've ever heard it on 7 days game modded or not. Is there a place I should report this once I figure out if I can repeat the issue?

I need more information than that, how do you know it's a one seater? Did you see that number in the vehicle stats panel, because it will always show 1 seat for all vehicles there, that's a vanilla bug and shows 1 seat even in vanilla for 4x4 Truck. If you mean that others can't enter your vehicle as passengers, try setting a password for the vehicle and sharing it to others, that should fix the issue of them not being able to get in.

Something I noticed is that katanas 3rd person model are held backwards. I don't know if you're aware of that issue, I'm pointing it out just in case.
Other than that awesome mod, dude. This is the first time I play this game on my own tbh. This mod really sold me on doing a solo playthrough.

3 hours ago, Shino said:

Something I noticed is that katanas 3rd person model are held backwards. I don't know if you're aware of that issue, I'm pointing it out just in case.
Other than that awesome mod, dude. This is the first time I play this game on my own tbh. This mod really sold me on doing a solo playthrough.

I cannot fix that issue, I used the baseball bat hold pose and that's a vanilla bug, where rotation is flipped for the 3rd person model. TFP probably didn't notice that bug, because the baseball bat is round :(

Glad you like the mod otherwise! 

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

I cannot fix that issue, I used the baseball bat hold pose and that's a vanilla bug, where rotation is flipped for the 3rd person model. TFP probably didn't notice that bug, because the baseball bat is round :(

Glad you like the mod otherwise! 

You can add rotation to the holdtype for it. Xyth found that when I had the same issue. Not at my PC to give you the exact xml but it's in my Wasteland mod. I had the same issue with the same weapon. Lol. 

Obviously it changes it for everything that uses that holdtype. But I think vanilla only has the bat. So unless you have other weapons that you've added that use it that might look odd if rotated, it'll be fine. 

Edit: I do know they listed some animation fixes regarding 1st/3rd person for a20 so maybe it's fixed there. But if not you can do it this way. 

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

You can add rotation to the holdtype for it. Xyth found that when I had the same issue. Not at my PC to give you the exact xml but it's in my Wasteland mod. I had the same issue with the same weapon. Lol. 

Obviously it changes it for everything that uses that holdtype. But I think vanilla only has the bat. So unless you have other weapons that you've added that use it that might look odd if rotated, it'll be fine. 

Edit: I do know they listed some animation fixes regarding 1st/3rd person for a20 so maybe it's fixed there. But if not you can do it this way. 

Yeah but I need to rotate it only in the third person, not in first person...

13 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

It's only for third person. :)

third_person_rotation="-15,180,0"

Looked it up on my phone. That's what I added to its holdtype in misc.xml.

That's amazing! I didn't know about this... so this:

<setattribute xpath="/iteminfo/animation/hold_type[@id='65']" name="third_person_rotation">-15,180,0</setattribute>

worked, you are a star my friend! Thank you so much for this tip :)