Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

23 minutes ago, shizhiwen said:

Don't update so frequently. You can send out some patch codes you update. You have to download the file again every time. I just played 2.5.0 today 10, 2.5 in the afternoon 15.....

If there's a bug that can cause problems with progression or potential critical erros, I like to patch them as soon as I can. This is Experimental branch, not stable and until people keep reporting such issues, I'll patch them as needed. Once it will go stable, patches will be less frequent :)

On 12/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, BorgCubeJanitor said:

Hello there!

I'm noticing that zombies having insane attack range ( 2.5 or even 3 blocks, farther than spear could hit ) on my dedicated server with friends. It's fine in singleplayer ( however it was version 2021.12.25 - 2.5.02, dedicated is on version 2021.12.26 - 2.5.05 ). I previously played vanilla ( hosted dedicated with same settings ) and there wasn't such problem. Also noticing that after each melee attack zombies glued to you for a second, even dead ones, and because of that it's almost impossible to get away without being hit.

Overall: very cool mod ( maybe the best one ) and i want to play it more, but zombies with contactless martial arts kicked my **s really hard too many times. Maybe i messed up some settings.

I haven't altered zombie reach in UL, that's a vanilla issue for servers, especially with higher ping, where the zombie on server is actually closer than it's sometimes rendered on your client. I will be tweaking zombie reach later on.

Hi there!

I'm having some issues with the textures. Objects seem blured (crates, trash, doors, hatches, etc...). In the previous version (A19) i've run the command "gfx st budget 0" and the textures of the objects went normal. 

In this version, I keep running this command, but nothing happens.

My video settings are the same of the vanilla, but this only happens on UDL.

Thx

1 hour ago, FreshMeat said:

Hi there!

I'm having some issues with the textures. Objects seem blured (crates, trash, doors, hatches, etc...). In the previous version (A19) i've run the command "gfx st budget 0" and the textures of the objects went normal. 

In this version, I keep running this command, but nothing happens.

My video settings are the same of the vanilla, but this only happens on UDL.

Thx

I have nothing to do with how the game renders textures, I wish I could help, but I can't :( 

29 minutes ago, Subquake said:

I have nothing to do with how the game renders textures, I wish I could help, but I can't :( 

Hi Subquake!

First of all, I love your mod! Excelent work...

Regarding the problem, I understand thats from the main game, but I was hopping that someone could help, since this only happen in UDL (no issues on vanilla)

Does anyone knows how to solve it? The objects seem to be in the lowest quality possible

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

I haven't altered zombie reach in UL, that's a vanilla issue for servers, especially with higher ping, where the zombie on server is actually closer than it's sometimes rendered on your client. I will be tweaking zombie reach later on.

Yep. I think you're right. We often have a situations like this: friend sees me standing right inside zombie, i see zombie 2 blocks away from me; or zombie laying on a ground, but in fact he standing and punches me in a face right now on friends screen. Strange that it happens to me, while i'm playing on a same PC with dedicated server launched. But i'm kind of get used to it, and we still having fun with this mod.

2021.12.28 - 2.5.16
- Fixed Cooking Pot not being in Trader item list
- Fixed Rule One Cardio perk having incorrect requirements for lvl 4 and 5
- Fixed not being able to repair car and truck vehicles

2021.12.28 - 2.5.17
- Fixed incorrect SUV vehicle item reference
- Fixed Water Barrel blocks not having any carry weight

2 hours ago, FarmerLee73 said:

Without wanting to sound stupid is there or does anyone have an online manual or PDF for this mod, would just be nice to have some reference instead of using the Journal all the time.

Journal is for the most part the manual :D 

I will be making some youtube short tutorial format videos about the mod, but I can't promise when that will happen, pretty busy with just making UL already.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey absolutely love the mod and your work, just wanted to drop in with two quick questions!

First, are you planning on taking a look at skill training rates at any point? I'm my groups primary lockpicker and I feel like it's absolutely impossible to level it up. We're on day 18 and I'm still level zero because I die more often than I gain levels. By comparison I have 13 levels in weight lifting, 5 in athletics, 11 in missions, and 16 in pipe weapons, which I didn't even use until around day 13. There area few skills that I feel end up really suffering from a lack of xp gain (Those that come to mind immediately would be healing, trading, lockpicking, and looting)

Second, is lockpicking meant to be as absolutely unforgiving as it is? I have three ranks in the lockpick skill, and the locks that are in nearly EVERY building at this point are literally less than pixel perfect on a 1920 by 1080 screen. I'll be too far to the left, move my mouse as little as I can with dpi minimized to the right and be too far to the right. At the very least the "Sweet spot increase by 12 degrees" doesn't seem to be working on multiplayer servers. Although I haven't been able to find any bobby pins so maybe the perks only work with those and not lockpicks?

Quick note btw, I'm on version 2.5.09 so some things may have already been addressed : The pipe weapons book is still called Tech Weapons, may want to look into updating that when you've got the time!

Edited by Leviwulf (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Leviwulf said:

Hey absolutely love the mod and your work, just wanted to drop in with two quick questions!

First, are you planning on taking a look at skill training rates at any point? I'm my groups primary lockpicker and I feel like it's absolutely impossible to level it up. We're on day 18 and I'm still level zero because I die more often than I gain levels. By comparison I have 13 levels in weight lifting, 5 in athletics, 11 in missions, and 16 in pipe weapons, which I didn't even use until around day 13. There area few skills that I feel end up really suffering from a lack of xp gain (Those that come to mind immediately would be healing, trading, lockpicking, and looting)

Second, is lockpicking meant to be as absolutely unforgiving as it is? I have three ranks in the lockpick skill, and the locks that are in nearly EVERY building at this point are literally less than pixel perfect on a 1920 by 1080 screen. I'll be too far to the left, move my mouse as little as I can with dpi minimized to the right and be too far to the right. At the very least the "Sweet spot increase by 12 degrees" doesn't seem to be working on multiplayer servers. Although I haven't been able to find any bobby pins so maybe the perks only work with those and not lockpicks?

Quick note btw, I'm on version 2.5.09 so some things may have already been addressed : The pipe weapons book is still called Tech Weapons, may want to look into updating that when you've got the time!

1) Yes

2) Yes, to get better you have to actually find the lockpicking book and use jail breaker candy as an additional buff (I will be upping the loot table rewards on the harder difficulty locked chests over time to make it worth it). If the lock says Impossible, it means your skill level is below the locks level and when it's not, it scales based on how above the skill level of the lock you are. Locks vary from 25 to 200 difficulty and you can get:

spacer.png

I will be adding numerical visualization of lock level and your level somewhere in the UI before it goes stable.

3) Bug, thanks for reporting it, I'll patch it up, it's best to play on the latest version whenever it's possible. I don't push updates without a reason :) 

Hey Subsquake,

i really love your mod, but one thing is pointless to me. My wife and i are playing the last exp from UL and its a pain in the ass to find a clawhammer. Also it doesn´t make sense that you can research a wrench at tier 1 reasearch station but the clawhammer needs the tier 2 station. I think a wrench is a way more complex as a clawhammer.

Sorry for my bad english, im a german player ^^

7 hours ago, Daikan said:

Hey Subsquake,

i really love your mod, but one thing is pointless to me. My wife and i are playing the last exp from UL and its a pain in the ass to find a clawhammer. Also it doesn´t make sense that you can research a wrench at tier 1 reasearch station but the clawhammer needs the tier 2 station. I think a wrench is a way more complex as a clawhammer.

Sorry for my bad english, im a german player ^^

Balancing is constantly being worked on, I appreciate the feedback! :) 

2021.12.29 - 2.5.18 Patch is out:
- Added placeholder images for missing journal headers
- Added 4th level to Lockpicking Perk
- Added chance to spawn Locked Lockers, File Cabinets, Toolboxes and Desks
- Improved Lockpicking User Interface
- Changed all trader POIs and Red Mesa POI to UL versions
- Changed supply loot to give raw resources instead of full blocks
- Rebalanced zombie and animal spawns in wasteland to be lower
- Fixed perkLockPicking localization
- Fixed Bobby Pins missing in loot
- Fixed gunMGT2TacticalAR not showing mods
- Fixed ulmBookShockers (Melee Pipe Weapons) localization
- Fixed incorrect LockPickTier for cntLootChestHero, cntHardenedChestSecure, cntWallSafe, cntGunSafe
- Fixed Bicycles, Minibikes, Motorcycles and Cars giving unintended resources when wrenched
- Fixed missing localization for goZombie
- Fixed ulmPerkGiftOfLife Perk requirements for lvl 4 and 5
- Fixed loot not spawning 10mm, 5.56mm, 7.92mm ammo
- Fixed Titanium Pickaxe not scaling with quality
- Fixed thrownAmmoMolotovCocktail item properties
- Fixed missing localization for ulmResourceBobbyPinBlueprint
- Fixed beer buff icon showing under zombie health bars
- Fixed Secure Vehicles not having LockPickTier assigned
- Fixed A19 model used for cntHardenedChestSecure instead of A20
- Fixed not being able to repair or upgrade T2 and T3 bows and crossbows
- Fixed farming to downgrade to seedling as in A19

2021.12.29 - 2.5.19
- Reduced hardenedChestT4 loot size from 8x8 to 6x6
- Reduced cntHardenedChestSecure LockPickTier
- Fixed incorrect model and bounding box size for tier4LootChestPrefab and tier5LootChestPrefab

2021.12.29 - 2.5.20
- Fixed Lockpicking Perk bug introduced in 2.5.18

- Fixed Localization for Maintenance Station Schematics

Any chance we'll ever see robotic turret ammo added to loot tables / shops? As someone who loves playing int builds I often find myself resorting to only using sledge turrets due to not being able to get any decent amount of ammo for the turrets. The changed recipe helped things out a ton by making them more affordable then they had been, but it's still a bit of a slog to spend a day scrapping vehicles down for about 10 minutes worth of ammo. Would be nice to be able to come across them as often as I do 9mm, which eats through ammo at a similar rate but is much more common.

Undead Legacy will not work with old mod launcher, you have to get the new one if you want to continue using a mod launcher.

spacer.png

New ModLauncher 3.X by Sphereii:
https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
Source:
https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DModLauncher
ModLauncher discord channel:
https://discord.com/invite/H6k6gDrgNW

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Undead Legacy will not work with old mod launcher, you have to get the new one if you want to continue using a mod launcher.

In the new one, I get the same error, in addition, the launcher itself crashes during the process of reinstalling the mod

16 hours ago, FarmerLee73 said:

So I have just had to do a delete game and restart, luckily I was only day 1.

Motorcycle showed on map and on compass but when I got to location it wasn't there! Just for future reference is there a fix for this?

Is it possible there's some sort of tunnel/bunker etc. below the place you left it? I've had vehicles spawn underground when I parked them above my subterranean base.