Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

18 minutes ago, Sebike01 said:

@Subquake Sorry, I did not meant to simple called pack your work, it is great and I mentioned unique overhaul mod I just feelt something changed, maybe my bad. Thanks for the quick reply, and the clarification I am the bad fighter noone else. Thanks.

No worries, but yeah, a lot of the mods reduce the zombie reach. For me that just never was a big issue since I'm used to vanilla reach and I'm fine the way it is right now, but it's been requested quite a bit, so I might do something about it in the future, but at a cost of them hitting harder, since like I said, it just feels that it makes the game easier if zombies can't reach you that well.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Well I am testing offline, in single player and I have no issue with any of the zeds. I try to play on a brand new server and I find my issue on the server so this is something to do with the online gameplay, will see others who will play together with me what they saying. No vanilla reach and a harder hit I have no problem with, just feel unfair when you got hit and kil by a zombie who not even close to you. Keep up the great work really enjoy playing  the game with UL installed, excellent thanks.

Yeah, that's more common in multiplayer/co-op due to latency where location of the zombie visually doesn't actually match the location where the game thinks the zombie is, if you anticipate that delay and understand how server ping works, it's not hard to predict that behavior :)

I've been playing your mod for at least 170hours now, and it's been so long since I've played the vanilla so I don't know if this is a vanilla bug or UL bug. I can't upgrade the brick wall (Rounded corner shape) to concrete. But the normal brick wall (the block) is working fine. 

And just to add, this is not really a problem, more of a preference. I think it's safe to assume that people would like it better if there's no crosshairs when aiming down sights even in ironsights. Personally, I have no problem with it since I know how to turn it off, but after the update, I had to re-do the setting again. So maybe, in the next updates adding that into the mod itself would be perfect. I'm thinking lots of people would like that too tbh

@Blxckdreadful Hope you're enjoying the mod, considering the clocked hours! :D

"I can't upgrade the brick wall (Rounded corner shape) to concrete"

Not all shapes are upgradeable (Hopefully that will be corrected in A20 with their promised shape and block progression path change), because usually if a block can't be upgraded, there's no defined block after that of that shape.

In the shape menu, when you select a shape, there's like an armor plate with a hammer icon next to the shape indicating, that the shape can be upgraded (doesn't always guarantee that the shape after that will be upgradeable tho), those shapes that do not have that icon, don't have a block of the same shape in the next tier, thus can't be upgraded. Reason why this is - vanilla doesn't have all the different shapes available for all the different blocks (It's not consistent). And because devs said they are overhauling shape menu with A20, I wasn't really keen on modding in the missing shapes for all the different materials.

"better if there's no crosshairs when aiming down sights"
It's been suggested quite a bit, but them being there helps me configure gun stats easily, since I visually can tell where the actual shots might land with the crosshair being active even in ironsights mode. I might explore option to remove it only if I figure out how to make it optional, so that it's easy to toggle it on/off while working on new item stats.

"I know how to turn it off, but after the update, I had to re-do the setting again"

Don't edit the mod files directly, create an addon modlet, that loads after Undead Legacy (folder name must be alphabetically after all the Undead Legacy mod folders), that way whenever an update comes, you don't have to do it again and again.

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

@Blxckdreadful Hope you're enjoying the mod, considering the clocked hours! :D

"I can't upgrade the brick wall (Rounded corner shape) to concrete"

Not all shapes are upgradeable (Hopefully that will be corrected in A20 with their promised shape and block progression path change), because usually if a block can't be upgraded, there's no defined block after that of that shape.

In the shape menu, when you select a shape, there's like an armor plate with a hammer icon next to the shape indicating, that the shape can be upgraded (doesn't always guarantee that the shape after that will be upgradeable tho), those shapes that do not have that icon, don't have a block of the same shape in the next tier, thus can't be upgraded. Reason why this is - vanilla doesn't have all the different shapes available for all the different blocks (It's not consistent). And because devs said they are overhauling shape menu with A20, I wasn't really keen on modding in the missing shapes for all the different materials.

"better if there's no crosshairs when aiming down sights"
It's been suggested quite a bit, but them being there helps me configure gun stats easily, since I visually can tell where the actual shots might land with the crosshair being active even in ironsights mode. I might explore option to remove it only if I figure out how to make it optional, so that it's easy to toggle it on/off while working on new item stats.

"I know how to turn it off, but after the update, I had to re-do the setting again"

Don't edit the mod files directly, create an addon modlet, that loads after Undead Legacy (folder name must be alphabetically after all the Undead Legacy mod folders), that way whenever an update comes, you don't have to do it again and again.

OOOH I see, I'll try it out, the modlet method. I didn't know it really had to be named alphabetically for the load order! 

@Subquake I did the load order thing and it actually worked even after re-installing, thanks for that. 
But another question, only if it's okay to ask tho. I have a mod that changes the optics. I've edited the files for that so that it would be compatible with your mod, vanilla optics is really old looking. I can't figure out how to make the rail mount appear on the guns that need it (Glock Mk2, MicroSMG) 

Is it okay to ask what codes should I put in the xml file to make it appear so I can tweak the scopeoffset with the rail mount on?

First off, I want to say this is a fantastic Mod.   This is what the vanilla game should be, in my opinion.  

Just have a couple of questions.  

Is there any (no matter how tentative) update schedule related to road map items?   Super interested in several items,  world boss and story map specifically.

Is there any possibility of rebalancing the research cost for crafting higher level gear?   Right now it seems prohibitively expensive to the point you start finding better gear before you can craft it.   For example, in my current play I've researched up to level F pistols, but I'm starting to find level D gear.   

1 hour ago, turgon99 said:

First off, I want to say this is a fantastic Mod.   This is what the vanilla game should be, in my opinion.  

Just have a couple of questions.  

Is there any (no matter how tentative) update schedule related to road map items?   Super interested in several items,  world boss and story map specifically.

Is there any possibility of rebalancing the research cost for crafting higher level gear?   Right now it seems prohibitively expensive to the point you start finding better gear before you can craft it.   For example, in my current play I've researched up to level F pistols, but I'm starting to find level D gear.   

Next big update will be post A20 release, currently busy restructuring a lot of the mods code and preparing things for nutrition changes, more details about what's going to be in the next update besides that is still in the works and not ready at this time.

One or two bugfix patches during A19 might still be released if I have time to work on that, but that's about it pre-A20.

Quality research will be replaced with a custom coded item upgrade workstation (And no, it won't work by combining two items like in other mods).

Hey Sub, I finally downloaded your mod and looked at your locks implementation.  While the models are new, it seems you used my unity files like camera configuration, controller and zoom animations without asking me or mentioning that in your credits.  I'm sure its just an oversight, but a credit for that work would be appropriate.  Thanks.

@xyth  I asked sphereii permission for taking a look on how lockpicking was done in Winterween Project and he gave me the green light, he did mention your input in getting the camera stuff to work, but not much anything else, quoting sphereii: "Xyth had to do some wizarding on the asset with an extra cam". I also own the unity asset that was used as the base for the lockpicking.

I added you to Special Thanks To group and next time booting up Undead Legacy, you should show up in the Main Menu credits, hope that is satisfactory? :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey, cant seem to find any function for the super corns? I love to make underground farms, due to smaller bases and less ground space used. Is it possible to including these seeds and maybe a system you need to craft to make these underground farms?

And.. Havent tried yet, but can ore and oil extractors be placed underground aswell? :)

The best modpack so far!! 

Btw btw, have looked a bit into modding myself, dont know if Im able to do it but I'll share my ideas with you if you are interested.

What im missing from 7d2d is some automasation, I would love to make a larger assembly table ish, where you can include storage boxes with output where it automatically sends it to a furnace to be created into ingots. Making some of these grinding things a lot more pleasant imo. ofc this could be hooked up to some electricity and so on in the late game. 

Akso another big idea is a better storage system. I really miss minecrafts storage system with a screen you can access your storage. Im not saying it should be the same, but would be great with a more easy going system, than boxes with text on. or is it just me? :D

Well, again thank you for this awesome modpack!! 

@Tobs First of all, it's not a modpack, it's a single overhaul mod, it's not a collection of smaller mods/modlets. And thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

There's a specific POI with a giant boar inside of it, that's the one having super corn and once you get it, you can use it to make the super corn seeds.

Regarding suggestions/requests in general, I have already my hands full with suggestions from my patrons and I always prioritize those first.

@Subquake loving this mod with a few of my friends in co-op, great job!  Everyone kinda agreed this feels like what we originally imagined (2-3 years ago) 7D to eventually resemble coming out of Alpha.  So in our minds, we're playing a finished game :)    

Quick question regarding the skill system.  Is the XP for gaining skills exponential or linear?  Meaning, does progression of skills slow down as the skills increase? 

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, VastVenin said:

@Subquake loving this mod with a few of my friends in co-op, great job!  Everyone kinda agreed this feels like what we originally imagined (2-3 years ago) 7D to eventually resemble coming out of Alpha.  So in our minds, we're playing a finished game :)    

Quick question regarding the skill system.  Is the XP for gaining skills exponential or linear?  Meaning, does progression of skills slow down as the skills increase? 

Thanks again!

Glad you're enjoying the mod! Regarding your question:

Gained action skill XP is governed by how much points you've spent in action skills associated attribute:
Gained XP Multiplier = 0.5 + (Attribute Level * 0.05)
And how much XP you need to reach next level is:

XP Next = 100 * (1.02  ^ Action perk Level)

Hey Subquake! Loving the mod, my players on my server and I are wondering where the file is to edit the action skill loss % on death so that its not full levels, we're looking to tone it down to like 10% of a level on death, etc. 

Thanks!

This is great.  I am now playing with a group of friends who love Subquake's work now.  

Question:

Certain vanilla object textures are blurry, like they don't fully load in.  Shopping carts, certain cars, certain signs and labels.  I have tried redownloading and reinstalling everything.  When playing vanilla it is good, but when using this mod these certain textures are always blurry.  I am assuming there is a simply solution to this that I am just overlooking.  I would love to understand what is going on so some help in explaining this would be awesome.   

Thank you for everything 

7 hours ago, Radaxys said:

This is great.  I am now playing with a group of friends who love Subquake's work now.  

Question:

Certain vanilla object textures are blurry, like they don't fully load in.  Shopping carts, certain cars, certain signs and labels.  I have tried redownloading and reinstalling everything.  When playing vanilla it is good, but when using this mod these certain textures are always blurry.  I am assuming there is a simply solution to this that I am just overlooking.  I would love to understand what is going on so some help in explaining this would be awesome.   

Thank you for everything 

Most often due to using a old map does this, you need to make sure you use the RWG to come out with Undead Legacy Prefabs. It helps.