Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On 9/19/2021 at 12:55 PM, Akrux said:

1) One issue that I have is that the mod is a bit on the easy side. Insane difficulty should be at least a little bit insane. I have played a lot of Darkness Falls and there insane difficulty is almost impossible. In UL an insane horde night can be defeated by one perched sniper with an okay rifle, no skills and a lot of ammo. The zombies simply do not do enough damage to reinforced concrete to threaten my base. Maybe they need titanium fingernails.

At the time that I posted the above it was Day 103 and I assumed that I was seeing max level horde nights. I was wrong. A later horde night had a total of 8 or so time bomb carrying zombies that were extremely hard to kill. A full clip of 119 rounds from an M60 was only about 50% effective in killing one.  After 3 or 4 of those beeping timer bombs went off I definitely had some base damage. They peeled off a lot of the reinforced concrete skins that I had on my 2x2 reinforced concrete support columns and even took out some column blocks. That is more damage then I have had in many months playing other mods. Time to upgrade to steel I guess. I will also have to make AP bullets for my M60 to take out the bomb carriers more effectively.

Please ignore my earlier naive comment that insane difficulty was too easy.

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

More UI customization options are planned, with next update, for example, you will be able to hide/autohide food, health and water bars as well, so that, for example, when you are topped off, you would only see the stamina bar. More improvements will be made as to I as well am interested myself to minimize the HUD as much as possible to get myself immersed in the world and see info only when it's needed.

Sounds great, thank you for all your hard work which is greatly appreciated.

so was in poi house but could not pick up any of the chairs either wood or metal. No E option given when hovering over them. Could hit and scrap them with axe but no other interaction? Is this intended as thought could pick up most furniture and certainly chairs?

2 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

so was in poi house but could not pick up any of the chairs either wood or metal. No E option given when hovering over them. Could hit and scrap them with axe but no other interaction? Is this intended as thought could pick up most furniture and certainly chairs?

Sorry my bad.. realise now have to hold E key... duh

19 hours ago, Subquake said:

you craft them at the Workbench

57 minutes ago, longfellow said:

To clarify, it's called Signed Metal Container. I had a bit of trouble locating it myself.

Thanks, I must have skipped them somehow because I thought I looked everywhere for them  

Hey SQ really enjoying your mod. One of the best overhauls I have played. Ability to pick up most objects in worlds is really clever and not being able to nerd pole with blocks from beginning makes you think carefully about how to approach poi's and get safe.

One query I have is that I like to make night time really dangerous so generally increase spawn rates in xml. I can see the relevant xml in vanilla data folder and have changed this to increase to every night but most nights am not seeing any zombies outside my base? I can see you also have spawning xml in your UL folder #1 but that only appears to refer to number of Z spawns not delay frequency? Something seems to be blocking me increasing spawns to every night though. Can you offer any guidance?

53 minutes ago, Soulbringer71 said:

The toolbar shows for a  second then it disappears. This is the only Mod that I Have installed. On a Fresh Game. 

That's a feature of Undead Legacy (default setting), you can adjust it in Options -> Video -> User Interface -> Undead Legacy

2 hours ago, ArmoredCascade34 said:

can we have separated mods from the main mod? so we can pick and choose what modules we want? like example i just want the vehicle part of the mod separately 

Undead Legacy is not a modpack/pack of modlets, it's an overhaul mod. Everything in the mod was specifically made for the mod itself.

1 hour ago, nickuk01 said:

I am sure I am blind but cannot for the life of me find the option to remove red quickmark from the map? 

The tiny flag icon on the right side of the map is for removing quick waypoint :)

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey SQ played couple in game weeks on your overhaul and although still just scratching the surface, wanted to leave some feedback and suggestions for your developing game.

Firstly want to say love this overhaul. Have played a few and this is def one of my fav. The interaction with most objects in world is genius and makes much more rewarding gameplay IMO using world objects like desks as barricades rather than vanilla blocks which upgrade. Also inability to nerd pole with blocks again makes you think more about what you are doing when dealing with POI's and making escape plans.

As a fan of immersion and harder gameplay I use the no time option so never quite sure when nightfall will hit with increased Z activity as I try make darkness more dangerous. However, time does still show in the map screen so would it be possible to remove that, at least when using no time option?

Can see in forum has been mentioned before by others about removing crosshairs and you mentioned you use them to make sure guns more accurate etc. although you may  consider as an option. For me, again to make as immersive as possible, I always like to remove crosshairs. Am using currently a modlet with your overhaul called FaHudHC  https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1391 which removes crosshairs for all guns, bows, melee and even the stand alone cursor with fists. It works flawlessly with your overhaul and for me is a must have. Would be awesome if you considered including such in your A20.

My second must have is Stayclear by Ryuyan. Hate how when you clear POI it still respawns in vanilla. Again from immersion point of view like to clear POI's and use as safe houses. Breaks immersion when Z respawn inside regardless. This mod makes sure nothing in POI respawn once cleared. More realistic and again if this was a feature you could include would be awesome.

Another awesome feature is in the Romeo mod by Khaine. You have option to set frequency and number of Z in wandering hordes. I am not a fan of bloodmoon and prefer to have increased spawns generally (particularly at night) and large random hordes. If this was possible feature in your overhaul would IMO make it the best out there.

I love your overhaul and am really grateful for your hard work and continued development for the community. I will definitely be making donation as appreciation.

Thank you again for making this game so refreshing and replayable.

Oh forgot to say... with your development could you consider adapt the trader item screen so shows options such as cost similar to how you sort player inventory by weight? When purchasing items I have no idea how much they cost until go into item itself. Would help me to identify items can afford from main screen without having to click each individual item. 

When purchasing items I have no idea how much they cost

Item price is at the bottom of the central item info screen

Confused by the meticulous packer perk and pack mule perk as they appear to do same thing. Am I misunderstanding?

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

One is weight and the other is slots I think?

Both are weight

7 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Why have 2 different perks do same thing? Makes other redundant surely?

One is Str-based, the other is Int-based. Do both if you want, or just one. I like that there are options to have the same in-game effect by different means with a different stat.