Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

16 hours ago, The Freehold said:

Subquake, is there any chance that the Alpha 21 release being compatible with the Teragon map creation utility?  I only just discovered it, but I'm really enjoying its biome creation based on height map.

I can't tell, not there yet to mess around with such things.

10 hours ago, SavageSaffron said:

Just about wrapped up a solid Darkness Falls server game and we're all eagerly awaiting completion of this update!  Keep up the good work; hope you get to the finish line for A21 soon!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Verion17 said:
I'm trying, but I want to be in the know)

I post on my discord almost daily on how things are going.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:23 AM, wolfarus said:

He's said it'll be done when it's done. Have patience.

@Subquake

Question for ya. Since they just announced the next release is supposed to be happening sometime this summer, and with you still working on the update for the current release, are you going to take a breather after you're done w/ this current update? As in skip updating UL for the upcoming release and work on updating for the one after? You certainly deserve the break, if that's the plan.

No breaks, I work on UL all the time. The fact that I don't post every single day, doesn't mean I don't work on it, some days of course I get the chance to work more, others less, but it's always some progress moving forward :)

On 4/4/2024 at 4:12 AM, Ranzera said:

Hopefully he gets it out before A22, or at least commits to an A21 release. TFP keeps finding new sharks to jump with those armor changes.

If it's like June, then maybe not, will see. I'm done reworking electricity, the upcoming research tree change is almost complete, but needs some refinement, lots of busy work on just general XML changes, that come with a21, so it's quite hard to do any actual and factual estimates, plus is it really smart to release A21 2.7 UL experimental right before A22 drops? Don't really want my mod to be irrelevant right after launch and people jumping on A22 hype train, then might as well focus to release 2.7 as soon as possible after A22 drops.

21 hours ago, Subquake said:

If it's like June, then maybe not, will see. I'm done reworking electricity, the upcoming research tree change is almost complete, but needs some refinement, lots of busy work on just general XML changes, that come with a21, so it's quite hard to do any actual and factual estimates, plus is it really smart to release A21 2.7 UL experimental right before A22 drops? Don't really want my mod to be irrelevant right after launch and people jumping on A22 hype train, then might as well focus to release 2.7 as soon as possible after A22 drops.

As someone who won't touch vanilla anymore, I think it'd be worth. I haven't played this game since before they updated the achievements and I've had a bit of a hankering for some modded 7dtd. I'm sure there's others equally done with TFP's BS.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:19 AM, Subquake said:

plus is it really smart to release A21 2.7 UL experimental right before A22 drops? Don't really want my mod to be irrelevant right after launch and people jumping on A22 hype train, then might as well focus to release 2.7 as soon as possible after A22 drops.

As much as I'm looking forward to playing UL again, I can't argue the get it ready to release shortly after A22 idea. Vanilla A21 has some nice blocks in it, but I haven't played more than 10 minutes of it. I waited this long, few more months won't kill me. Hopefully.

Thanks for the hard work. It was a lot of fun in A20 to play.

I sincerely hope for an A21 release, but it is, of course, up to you if you want to delay for A22. My concern there is if you delay, and start work on aligning with A22's new stuff, what if it takes enough work that A23 looms? Would it be delayed again? At what point is it better to just focus on the current update and allow them to release on their faster schedule? (Not a baiting question, a sincere query because it's actually something I think is hard to judge.)

I honestly hope you wait for the A22/1.0 release. I can wait, and haven't played 7D2D since A21 came out. That's just my opinion though and don't hold it against anyone that wants an A21 version. Maybe you should put up a poll somewhere?

1 hour ago, ColdSun said:

I honestly hope you wait for the A22/1.0 release. I can wait, and haven't played 7D2D since A21 came out. That's just my opinion though and don't hold it against anyone that wants an A21 version. Maybe you should put up a poll somewhere?

There's still quite a lot to be done to get the update playable, will see how it goes.

Also here's a video of the new zombie: 

First you tease a flame-thrower trap, and now firefighter zams?

If your mod wasn't already considered smokin', the next update will certainly make it so :D

Though i will admit i really hope you decide to get it to a21-compatitble and decide to release w/o waiting for a22. But i'll survive if you decide to wait (just barely though. Like my infection is at 4.9%, and a stump finally saves me) 😛

I believe I read somewhere (Twitter/X maybe?) that you post regularly on the Discord channel.  Joined that group, not sure if this is a Discord problem or not, but the only channels that pop up are "welcome" and "rules."  Are there other channels supposed to be populating in there?  In the Darkness Falls group I have an option to "show all channels" but not in yours... want to follow your updates there if possible.

1 hour ago, Gorky said:

spacer.png

Hi, I have a problem. I can't start the game. When creating a server or connecting to a server, the game crashes. And even the browser crashes. I found the error log but I can't attach it

The problem has been solved. I have only 32GB of RAM, but I didn't notice how much 16GB had gone. When I fixed the cause and I got 32GB again, everything worked.