Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

New to undead legacy, looking to add an op admin tool like I did in vanilla.  Added a item to the items.xml that did massive block damage.  Anyway to easily do the same in UL?  I have played around with the items.xml in UL and don't seem to be able to increase block damage, figure I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance, great mod.

17 hours ago, dotnetrob said:

New to undead legacy, looking to add an op admin tool like I did in vanilla.  Added a item to the items.xml that did massive block damage.  Anyway to easily do the same in UL?  I have played around with the items.xml in UL and don't seem to be able to increase block damage, figure I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance, great mod.

Can you just use the super digger? It one shots any block, but maybe you want less than that.

3 hours ago, dotnetrob said:

Where do I get this super digger?  Don't see it in creative mode.

At the top of the creative menu, there are icons for "All", "All Blocks", "All Items" etc. One is "Dev Blocks On". Click that, then type dev in the search box to find the dev tools quickly. One looks like a purple SMG and is the Super Digger. Be careful where you aim it, you can wreck your base quickly.

First of all, this mod is amazing. Great work. I wanted to give a suggestion though. I think adding the ability to drink directly from water sources would be great. For instance, if you hold the interact button on a sink or toilet, it'll use the water and allow your character to drink it in the event that you don't have a container. This makes sense from a realism perspective and comes in handy when you don't have any containers.

1 hour ago, floptart said:

First of all, this mod is amazing. Great work. I wanted to give a suggestion though. I think adding the ability to drink directly from water sources would be great. For instance, if you hold the interact button on a sink or toilet, it'll use the water and allow your character to drink it in the event that you don't have a container. This makes sense from a realism perspective and comes in handy when you don't have any containers.

Good suggestion, but implementation of such interaction would be challenging, worth to think about it, thanks for your input!

21 hours ago, seven said:

At the top of the creative menu, there are icons for "All", "All Blocks", "All Items" etc. One is "Dev Blocks On". Click that, then type dev in the search box to find the dev tools quickly. One looks like a purple SMG and is the Super Digger. Be careful where you aim it, you can wreck your base quickly.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for, end up using the hammer.  Didn't know those tools existed.  Probably should know the things after 1200 hours of playing.

I have a question about the dune runner. It's  a great vehicle and the most fun to drive but I wonder if the configuration is a bit off. It can be stopped dead running into driftwood, something even a bicycle will crash through. I purposely made a mostly desert map when I saw some game images, and now I rather regret that because it's really annoying. I tried adjusting the hp of the driftwood but that didn't seem to work. If it's working as intended I guess next time I'll remove driftwood from the biome generation.

2 hours ago, seven said:

I have a question about the dune runner. It's  a great vehicle and the most fun to drive but I wonder if the configuration is a bit off. It can be stopped dead running into driftwood, something even a bicycle will crash through. I purposely made a mostly desert map when I saw some game images, and now I rather regret that because it's really annoying. I tried adjusting the hp of the driftwood but that didn't seem to work. If it's working as intended I guess next time I'll remove driftwood from the biome generation.

I haven't messed around in changing any way the vehicles collide with blocks, nor I haven't done any testing and comparing how different vehicles (vanilla vs modded vs each other) behave when colliding with blocks), that's something I'll be exploring at a later date, because I want to increase vehicle damage to entities in general and then I'll look deeper in how they behave when colliding with blocks :)

WARNING long with spoilers

I have been playing Undead Legacy 2.4.28 for a few weeks and have some comments and suggestions. I am playing solo at insane, 90 minute days with no loot respawn. It is now day 103, I am level 77 and I am still in mid game level. My base is good but not complete, my skills and gear are getting there and I have just managed to get all 133 collectibles. Six ore and two oil extractors ensure a steady supply of materials but I will need to continue mining off and on for a couple of weeks. Missions skill has just reached 80 (3 rewards) so you can tell that I have been doing a lot of missions.

The mod is very good. A weight system, slow progression, equipment tiers and a research system all combine to make a fun balanced mod. It has been one of the best 7DtD mods that I have played so far and I have played a lot of them as you might guess from my hours played. No glitches or crashes. I did see some red text a couple of times but it never messed up my game.

Numbered for convenience, not in order of importance:
1) One issue that I have is that the mod is a bit on the easy side. Insane difficulty should be at least a little bit insane. I have played a lot of Darkness Falls and there insane difficulty is almost impossible. In UL an insane horde night can be defeated by one perched sniper with an okay rifle, no skills and a lot of ammo. The zombies simply do not do enough damage to reinforced concrete to threaten my base. Maybe they need titanium fingernails.

2) I do like the weight system but it can be too easily avoided. If you are overweight with iron ore (very common) just scrap it and the weight disappears. Run or drive to your furnace and stop the scrap process.

3) I don't like that the missions skill loses the overage when you level up the skill. When I am at say 400/410 i don't want to turn in a level 4 mission and only get 10 points reward.

4) Food and water was never a problem. Yes I ate a lot of bacon and eggs and drank regular water (dysentery can be ignored) and never once felt the need to farm or spend points in animal tracker or iron gut. A survival game should be tougher to survive.

5) Salvage skills could also be ignored as I was never truly short of vehicle or other components. A few minutes of gathering would solve any shortage.

6) Lock picking was also too easy. I lock picked all chests and safes and bashed all doors and never spent a point in lock picking or made any lock picks. At day 103 I have 427 lock picks in my possession.

7) Blade users have a few high end choices of weapons but club users don't. There is Brinx's Fury but that is a sledge hammer. Sledge hammers don't benefit from the Batter Up ultimate skill which is probably the single best skill in the game. First I was using a B quality long pipe and after that I have been using steel clubs for weeks. It would be nice to have some variety.

8 All tier 5 missions are clear missions and are very long for a solo player. I found that I had to check for tornado warnings in my area before starting a tier 5 mission. I did some tier 5 missions and the reward choices were lame given the time invested. Also the mission choices when starting a mission are 3/5 or 4/5 tier 5 which severely limits your choice if you don't have 2+ hours to do a tier 5. Any chance of getting tier 4.5 missions?

9) Scrapping 1 cobblestone yields 25 stone which must be a typo. You can buy cobblestone for $2 so you can get all the stone you want for peanuts. Speaking of scrapping, would it be possible to scrap everything at say the disassembly table? Right now scrapping stuff on your person is distracting and potentially a problem with suddenly overweight in the middle of combat.

10) Plastic for shotgun shells is a great idea but there is not enough plastic available in the game (at least that I found). Plastic at the trader costs $17 each which is silly expensive for a shotgun shell. Maybe $17 for 10 plastic.

Special shout out for recipe pinning - thank you, my poor memory thanks you.

I did like the slow progression and the need to upgrade an existing building for the first few horde nights instead of just building a fort from scratch. Most mods slow down the progression but UL really slows down progression which is a good thing. I did read that you are planning to redo the research system which is good. I have 23,000 research notes in stock and nothing to spend them on. I am acquiring A and S quality gear now so there is no need to fight through the huge material cost of improving crafting skills.

I would say "job well done Subquake" but hopefully this is not a job to you. So "hobby well done Subquake". Donation sent.

@Akrux

1. Will be improved
  2. It's a known exploit, that stuff in queue don't weigh anything, will be fixed at some point
  3. Action skill leveling will be improved (so that you don't lose xp when using a skill book, for example, and when you level up, so that it works just like player xp would)
  4. There's a nutrition update planned, that will completely change how food works, introducing many new stats as well as adding wellness system and food will be much scarcer and harder to grow crops
  5. Wrenching stuff gives too much resources, I'm aware and that'll be improved over time :)
  6. I have plans to limit what you can lockpick without points in lockpicking (How it works in fallout)
  7. Clubs and other weapons without variety need more love, I'm aware, I can do only so much by myself at any given moment in time
  8. Vanilla issue, can't really do anything about that
  9. Yup, it's too cheap, and a bunch of other items need price tweaks, disassembly station is work in progress, more stuff will be added to it over time
  10. More plastic in junk loot is planned to be added in form of random household items as well as 9. answer with disassembly st.

Yep, item quality research is planned to be replaced with a brand new item quality upgrade mechanic, where you spend resources with a chance of upping the quality tier of an item and many complex crafting recipes will be removed (for example, most firearms), all crafted items will start as the lowest tier when crafted and will need to be upgraded one tier at a time at the item upgrade station - that's the plan at least.

More things planned are mentioned in my roadmap: http://ul.subquake.com/roadmap

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! :)

The weapon upgrade system sounds great.

I took a look at your road map. I wouldn't spend too much time on more vehicles as I think there are plenty of choices in game already. I also don't like the trader hub with multiple traders to visit each time - could get tedious fast. All in one shopping made Amazon and Walmart what they are today.

However I am eagerly looking forward to portals, loot overhaul and the custom story map. They sound great.

Question About Using KingGen with this mod

I have not played this mod before, and still definitely a 7DTD noob. I would like to use the KingGen tool to generate a unique world for this mod.  I see there is a short list of prefabs in the Undead Legacy folder that I downloaded. Should I just copy all the prefabs from the base  7DTD prefab folder into the Undead Legacy prefab folder, rejecting all those with duplicate names, and then generate a custom POI List for the new world or should I just generate the world using only the prefabs in the Undead Legacy prefab folder. I am not sure if copying in all the other prefabs will break anything.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

2 hours ago, newbie said:

Question About Using KingGen with this mod

I have not played this mod before, and still definitely a 7DTD noob. I would like to use the KingGen tool to generate a unique world for this mod.  I see there is a short list of prefabs in the Undead Legacy folder that I downloaded. Should I just copy all the prefabs from the base  7DTD prefab folder into the Undead Legacy prefab folder, rejecting all those with duplicate names, and then generate a custom POI List for the new world or should I just generate the world using only the prefabs in the Undead Legacy prefab folder. I am not sure if copying in all the other prefabs will break anything.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

the prefabs that come with UndeadLegacy are all vanilla changed ones, you do not have to do anything with them. Because of this, since there are no new uniquely named prefabs, the mod works just fine with KingGen or any other map generator and even Navezgane and all the 3 vanilla pregens :)

Generate a new map with KingGen with standard vanilla list, you don't have to do anything to it to get a map for UndeadLegacy.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

How Do You Repair Carpenter Table At Onset

I just started my first game and ran into a little problem. I progressed through the first couple of steps, built my carpenter table and the first several deliverable (e.g. bow).  I then accidentally punched the table - I'm a noob, no doubt. But then it wouldn't let me pick up the table until I repaired it. But I couldn't figure out how to repair the table - I tried right clicking, I tried all kinds of clicking but  I could not find any icon or option to repair the table . What do I have to do to get the option to repair the table ?

Thanks

Thanks.  But how do I figure that out ? Clicking on the table only shows the use or pickup options, I did not see a repair icon or option.  It probably will become obvious once I get more experienced with the mod - which is great BTW, don't want to seem like I am throwing shade on it. But I couldn't figure out what I needed and how to initiate the repair process. How do you find that out ?

Thanks again

Hey SQ, first time user of your mod and looking forward to trying it out. Installed and working. Just one query... checking the debug menu F1 i had one red error entry after installing which says..."received invalid county code - cannot select database 'hostip-main'". Is this anything for me to worry about as usually red errors not good thing? 

2 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Hey SQ, first time user of your mod and looking forward to trying it out. Installed and working. Just one query... checking the debug menu F1 i had one red error entry after installing which says..."received invalid county code - cannot select database 'hostip-main'". Is this anything for me to worry about as usually red errors not good thing? 

Have never seen anyone have that error, if you installed the mod correctly, no errors should show up. If you need more help in regards to this issue, join my Undead Legacy discord and ask there, maybe someone else can help with that.

13 hours ago, Subquake said:

Have never seen anyone have that error, if you installed the mod correctly, no errors should show up. If you need more help in regards to this issue, join my Undead Legacy discord and ask there, maybe someone else can help with that.

Thank you for your reply. Could I ask for future updates of your mod would you be open to considering an option to remove onscreen cursor (melee and guns) similar to your option to remove health bars above zombies? I like to play as immersive as possible and currently use modlet to remove such. 

6 minutes ago, nickuk01 said:

Thank you for your reply. Could I ask for future updates of your mod would you be open to considering an option to remove onscreen cursor (melee and guns) similar to your option to remove health bars above zombies? I like to play as immersive as possible and currently use modlet to remove such. 

More UI customization options are planned, with next update, for example, you will be able to hide/autohide food, health and water bars as well, so that, for example, when you are topped off, you would only see the stamina bar. More improvements will be made as to I as well am interested myself to minimize the HUD as much as possible to get myself immersed in the world and see info only when it's needed.