Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, El Ruso 33 said:

¿ Se actualizará a la A20 ?

I have been actively working on next update of Undead Legacy for over 4 months now and next compatible version for A20 most likely will be released as an experimental version first, sometime in January, 2022, because currently not only I have to finish whatever I am working on, but also update and make the mod compatible with A20. If it's gonna happen sooner, great, if not, don't be mad.

39 minutes ago, Subquake said:

I have been actively working on next update of Undead Legacy for over 4 months now and next compatible version for A20 most likely will be released as an experimental version first, sometime in January, 2022, because currently not only I have to finish whatever I am working on, but also update and make the mod compatible with A20. If it's gonna happen sooner, great, if not, don't be mad.

I will be mad!

But I know you won't be delaying it longer than necessary. 😉

@Palandus got the reports, thanks! Regarding weapon reload/shoot animations, we modders are limited to only the vanilla hold poses and the reload sounds are baked based on the hold pose, we cannot add custom hand movements or poses. The best we can do is to match the weapon mesh animations as close as we can to the hold pose best suited for a particular weapon. Currently there's nothing I can do about those.

Regarding UI, next update will have lots of improvements, both visual and performance.

Loading Screen - there's no way to add a percentage bar. When the spinny thing freezes, it means the game is processing so much data, it freezes the user interface entirely.

As for balancing - that's an ongoing process and I will be tweaking it throughout the entire development time of Undead Legacy.

Regarding future features, check the roadmap: https://ul.subquake.com/roadmap

Appreciate the feedback :)

NPC Followers... that's what I like to see in the roadmap, but I wonder will this feature depend on updated Sphereii's and Xyth's NPC mod they are currently working on, or do you have your own solution? Either way it's something I'm really looking forward to, because let's be honest - this game needed actual NPCs with brain yesteryear...

Since A20 has introduced the 'loot stage' which changes dynamically based on your level, biome, POI, lucky looter perk, lucky goggles and eye candy consumable, would you consider adding this stat on the main HUD? A tiny number somewhere in a corner? So we don't have to open the character panel.

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

NPC Followers... that's what I like to see in the roadmap, but I wonder will this feature depend on updated Sphereii's and Xyth's NPC mod they are currently working on, or do you have your own solution? Either way it's something I'm really looking forward to, because let's be honest - this game needed actual NPCs with brain yesteryear...

Not bad companions were implemented in the "Starvation" mod in the A16. There were companions dogs and people. People could be put at workbenches and they could do something and they had to be given food, otherwise they would die.
It was a good mod, but the author abandoned it. Now Undead Legacy has no competitors 😉

5 hours ago, unlike them said:

I checked the roadmap and I can see you are working on food overhaul. I'm so excited, can't wait! A20 is great, but I'm spoiled by Undead Legacy.

Food rework has been pushed back, UL for A20 will be released without any changes to food, in fact, all the recipes will be as in A19, including Grain Alcohol being brought back. Though 

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I will be waiting for A21 for that one and I will try to do my own solution for it.

1 hour ago, unlike them said:

Since A20 has introduced the 'loot stage' which changes dynamically based on your level, biome, POI, lucky looter perk, lucky goggles and eye candy consumable, would you consider adding this stat on the main HUD? A tiny number somewhere in a corner? So we don't have to open the character panel.

In next update no, maybe in the future as optional toggle. As for character screen, I've dramatically improved the performance of opening the character window, now it doesn't load in the players model whenever you open the window, instead it would load it in only when you would click the preview button, that way, opening that window is pretty much instant.

50 minutes ago, Witchmaster said:

Not bad companions were implemented in the "Starvation" mod in the A16. There were companions dogs and people. People could be put at workbenches and they could do something and they had to be given food, otherwise they would die.
It was a good mod, but the author abandoned it. Now Undead Legacy has no competitors 😉

Main developer of starvation mod died, that's why development stopped.

15 minutes ago, cammel said:

@Subquake  Are brass faucets not supposed to scrap to brass? If I harvest a brass faucet with pick-axe or wrench I get no brass.

I've probably overlooked that, there's thousands of blocks in the game and the mod is very much work in progress and will be so for years to come :)

I changed the code and now get the faucet when I destroy them, which now scraps into brass. You had it extending faucet02.

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='faucetBrass02']">
	<property name="Class" value="ULM_StorageTank,Mods"/>
	<property class="Consumable">
		<property name="AllowPlayerRefill" value="false"/>
		<property name="Size" value="3"/>
		<property name="RestockRange" value="0,3"/>
		<property name="RestockItemType" value="RiverWater"/>
	</property>
	<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>
	<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
	<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
	<property name="FilterTags" value="fdecor,fother,ffurniture"/>
	<property name="Material" value="Mbrass"/>
	<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plumbing/faucet_brass02Prefab"/>
	<property name="Weight" value="25"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="125"/>
</set>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='faucetBrass04']">
	<property name="Extends" value="faucetBrass02"/>
	<property name="Material" value="Mbrass"/>
	<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plumbing/faucet_brass04Prefab"/>
	<property name="Weight" value="16"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="80"/>
</set>

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

Undead Legacy 2.5.01 Experimental is out for A20.0 (b238)

Patch notes:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/undead-legacy-2-60310628

Download:
http://ul.subquake.com/download

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love you!
I adore you!
I love you!
I idolize you!
I worship you!
I appreciate you!
I revere you!

You are the best in the world, not only do you anticipate your expectations, on top of that you give us Christmas!

Thank you very much for this gift, I am just starting my vacation after hard work and with this I do not need anything else.

Goodbye world... 🤪

Hello 3x3 cubicle !! (called dormitory), we will stay a good season here 🤩👾

Now seriously, thank you again, thank you for all that work you are doing, a lot of encouragement to continue it and a lot of strength !!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! 🎄🎇🎊

1 hour ago, chiefoforc said:

Since 2.5.01 until 2.5.05 repair scrap tools and weapons by Repair kit instead of scrap iron, also bone knive and long pipe. it is make the early stage more difficult.

Is is a rebanlance or just a mistake? 

It's rebalance, you need Maintenance Station now, that's where you can repair your tools much cheaper AND upgrade them to better quality.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)