Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

13 minutes ago, Forgotten Memes said:

Subquake, do you have a plan to mitigate the damage of this disasterous magazine change?

I will have my own progression system revolving around the research mechanic in upcoming UL 2.7 update for A21

Hi,

so as it is for me the first time to see an update of the  vanilla game,  usually  how long does it take to make your awsome mod for the new version ?

Some hours, days, weeks, month ? 

Thanks for an hint 🙂

Subquake - Will giant scorpions, and any other creepy-crawlies you add, have the "eat dead, uninfected critters" mechanic that TFP implemented in A21? Not that I enjoy NPCs stealing my lunch, but it's made hunting a little more challenging. ☺️

Just wanted to say. Awesome job there subquake. This is soooo incredibly brilliant compared to what vanilla is offering. Kudos to you sir. I look forward to continued development and I will be donating. Do you have a preferred method? Paypal or patreon(See those two on your site) or other?

Edited by VALL (see edit history)

Sharing a few ideas for integrating with A21:

Instead of ignoring all of the work done either on the mod's trader compound or the new revamp trader compounds, bring both types of compounds in. So, vanilla compounds for Jen/Bob/Rekt/Joel/etc.., and then this mod's compounds using the secondary characters. Larger maps end up with duplicate traders anyways, having more unique trader locations would be cool.

I agree with and disagree with the magazine change in vanilla. I *like* feeling like I get something from every bookcase I loot. I *like* removing crafting skills from the perks (which was unrealistic). I like how sexy-trex is no longer in every build.

I don't like the overall nerf to crafting, a system generally inferior to questing/looting (In vanilla). "It'd be cool if" the magazines stayed around (would have to rebalance how much tech points are given out), but instead of unlocking the ability to make new things, or even higher tiers of things, they increased the success rate of upgrading. It'd continue to keep each bookcase interesting.

I have a question about the default option UL has that disables POI tier scaling for loot rewards.

Does that mean that's no reason to dive into higher difficulty/dangerous POIs for loot since POI tier scaling has no effect on the loot you get?

Give sub a break, guys. I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 7UndeadDiesToLegacy as much as anybody, but it's going to take time to get his mod updated to the current version, bug-test as much as he can, ect.

Even if FP gave him the update a week or 2 in advance of everybody else (which i doubt) it still takes time.

Have some patience, younglings.

On 6/19/2023 at 2:56 AM, wolfarus said:

Give sub a break, guys. I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 7UndeadDiesToLegacy as much as anybody, but it's going to take time to get his mod updated to the current version, bug-test as much as he can, ect.

Even if FP gave him the update a week or 2 in advance of everybody else (which i doubt) it still takes time.

Have some patience, younglings.

What the man said. It's done when its done as the saying goes.

A21 is a bigger overhaul then  some as is going to take sometime to deal with the changes and he one man.

For now we wait and it gives the dev's time to fix minor issues with the update.

Made the account just to tell you, Subquake, that you're an absolute legend and I can't even fully express how much I appreciate your work. Not only is UL an amazing overhaul already but you keep making humongous improvements to it at monstrous increments, I love your vision for 7d2d and wish you all the very best.
Suffice it to say I'm unable to play vanilla anymore, it just doesn't feel "right" compared to UL. I'd rather keep playing A20+UL until you're done with the update for A21, however long that takes.
And whatever happens, I wish for you to always be free and happy. Thank you very much for being there.

5 hours ago, borplemorple said:

Made the account just to tell you, Subquake, that you're an absolute legend and I can't even fully express how much I appreciate your work. Not only is UL an amazing overhaul already but you keep making humongous improvements to it at monstrous increments, I love your vision for 7d2d and wish you all the very best.
Suffice it to say I'm unable to play vanilla anymore, it just doesn't feel "right" compared to UL. I'd rather keep playing A20+UL until you're done with the update for A21, however long that takes.
And whatever happens, I wish for you to always be free and happy. Thank you very much for being there.

Exactly what this guy said. I can't play vanilla 7D anymore. I'll just keep playing UL on the A20 version until it comes out for A21. Take all the time you need.

Can you fix the strange equipment upgrade system on the maintenance bench? Why does it take me 10 attempts to improve my gun with a 90% chance?! at a time when doors and chests with a 30% chance are hacked with 2 attempts.
And I don't understand the decision to make the chests of 4 tech practically unbreakable, they can only be opened if you improve the hacking skill to 100. This is very strange to me

26 minutes ago, Kajimbeck said:

Can you fix the strange equipment upgrade system on the maintenance bench? Why does it take me 10 attempts to improve my gun with a 90% chance?! at a time when doors and chests with a 30% chance are hacked with 2 attempts.

That will be improved

26 minutes ago, Kajimbeck said:

And I don't understand the decision to make the chests of 4 tech practically unbreakable, they can only be opened if you improve the hacking skill to 100. This is very strange to me

Timed Charges is an alternative way to get into those (through radial menu)
Jail Breakers increase your lockpicking skill while the buff is active by +75

Lockpicks have an inert bonus of +25 to lockpicking compared to bobby pins

Hi there,

after 1k hours of playtime i found the mod an i nearly doubled the playtime again ! This Mod is awesome, great job !

now with the Alpha 21 i played vanila again and its so painfull when u realise how much is missing! I mean the update is great with all the new stuff. I cant wait to see the update vom UL !

I have some ideas for new low tier vehicles. What about a Skatebord and a Scooter? Maybe with high penalty when u go offroad.

Also it would be funny to have Inline Skates. It should be a Item for the Boots slot. When u move there should be a delay in accelerating and braking.

What do u think about it?

I hope nobody feels offended by my bad english !

8 hours ago, Subquake said:

Those are actually planned, also here's a bit of info regarding UL and A21:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/85166307 

And there we have it, folks.

Don't expect the next release until end of summer, possibly sometime into september. So just sit tight and have some patience. 

Thanks again for your utterly amazing mod, subnacious. It's well worth the wait.

3 hours ago, swmeek said:

I'm enjoying your mod very much and wanted to say well done! 

Are there no solar panels or windmills in the game or means of power other than generator banks? 

Solar panels you can only get from traders (secret stash mostly), wind generators are coming with UL 2.7: