Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Hello, I have played UL for a while, and I wanted to add in Score (for spreadable fire) and guppy's mod (for the fire extinguisher) and those seem to have been implemented into the game just fine, but I find that I can't pick locks  any more.  I'm running UL 2.6.17 and A20.6 (b9).  I have lock picks and when the lock picking level is to high it appears at the bottom that my lock picking level isn't high enough, but when I try lock picking a tool box with an actual lock pick it doesn't do anything.  Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

On 4/15/2023 at 7:39 PM, onkelm said:

Hi,

awesome Mod !!

Any Idea when you are ready to relase new Version ?

We like to restart on our Server a new game. Would be worse if a new release will drop a day later 🙂

Even if he dont say it I bet he's waiting for Alpha 21 which i set to be out within the next couple of months :)

58 minutes ago, Tobs said:

Even if he dont say it I bet he's waiting for Alpha 21 which i set to be out within the next couple of months :)

I'm not waiting and having my hands behind my back, absolutely not, every day I'm pouring a lot of hours into UL 2.7 and it's being made for A20, I just hope I make it before A21 is out, because if not, it will be delayed until UL is compatible with A21 if A21 gets released before UL 2.7 update.

12 minutes ago, Subquake said:

I'm not waiting and having my hands behind my back, absolutely not, every day I'm pouring a lot of hours into UL 2.7 and it's being made for A20, I just hope I make it before A21 is out, because if not, it will be delayed until UL is compatible with A21 if A21 gets released before UL 2.7 update.

ah okay, was just guessing since they announced it would be released soon 

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

Even if you did not make a pre-A21 release, I don't think anyone can complain your overhaul mod is lacking content and the update is urgently needed. It is already a kick ass running version.

Is there anyone who might be able to help me with this problem? I wanted to add in Score (for spreadable fire) and guppy's mod (for the fire extinguisher) to UL and those seem to have been implemented into the game just fine, but I find that I can't pick locks  any more.  I'm running UL 2.6.17 and A20.6 (b9).  I have lock picks and when the lock picking level is to high it appears at the bottom that my lock picking level isn't high enough, but when I try lock picking a tool box with an actual lock pick it doesn't do anything.  Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

Edited by MattH93 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MattH93 said:

Is there anyone who might be able to help me with this problem? I wanted to add in Score (for spreadable fire) and guppy's mod (for the fire extinguisher) to UL and those seem to have been implemented into the game just fine, but I find that I can't pick locks  any more.  I'm running UL 2.6.17 and A20.6 (b9).  I have lock picks and when the lock picking level is to high it appears at the bottom that my lock picking level isn't high enough, but when I try lock picking a tool box with an actual lock pick it doesn't do anything.  Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

SCore is not compatible with UL

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, PhobosXP said:

Hey I want to start a new game with your mod today.
 Will there be very big changes in your upcoming update?
 Should I wait or can I start today?

Don't hold your breath regarding UL 2.7, I got sick last weekend so whatever the time was left to get it release ready will be delayed for at least another week and even then once it's released, it's gonna be an experimental version of UL, not stable, so go for it, play UL right now as is :)

29 minutes ago, PhobosXP said:

Hey I want to start a new game with your mod today.
 Will there be very big changes in your upcoming update?
 Should I wait or can I start today?

The announcements tab in the UL discord also has a few feature screenshots and vids of the next update that we can look forward to, or at least what SQ is working on. :)

2 hours ago, PhobosXP said:

ok thanks for the quick repl 🙂

I was thinking about taking your mod or True Survive mod. Yours won 😉

did you also change the food and farming? more ingredients more recipes?

Food and farming will be tweaked at a later date

Hi everyone.

I tried to download the current version 2.6.17 from https://ul.subquake.com/download multiple times with different browsers (Brave, basically a safer chrome + MS Edge) but can't get it done: It seems to stop about ~85% done. The browser than returns a message that the download aborted. Retrying brings the same result or finalizes the zip-file download which than seems corrupt when trying to open it. I tried all four links (stable + experimental + the mirror sites) as they all point to the same version right know as it seems. Does anyone else has this problem or a solution for it? Can someone please verify that the current download is still working fine?

Thanks for your support.
And thanks for this awesome mod - I played and fell in love with 2.5.82 and would love to dive into the extended content of 2.6.x. This is just an incredible deep, amaizing, polished work! Thanks!

I followed the video that has been supplied but cannot seem to get passed the main menu.

I am receiving:

EXC Texture has not yet finished downloading.

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'mainMenu'

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'menuBackground'

The menu below the error text also seems to be off kilter. I don't know what it means by not finished downloading. I downloaded the files, extracted accordingly and launched with anti-cheat off. I deleted my vanilla game an redownloaded it to avoid any Mods that were already there and have triple checked to make sure it was the right patch. 

6 hours ago, rat_with_a_glock said:

I followed the video that has been supplied but cannot seem to get passed the main menu.

I am receiving:

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'mainMenu'

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'menuBackground'

The menu below the error text also seems to be off kilter. I don't know what it means by not finished downloading. I downloaded the files, extracted accordingly and launched with anti-cheat off. I deleted my vanilla game an redownloaded it to avoid any Mods that were already there and have triple checked to make sure it was the right patch. 

Make sure you have the latest version of the game

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

Make sure you have the latest version of the game

I have triple checked my versions. I have the A20.7 b1 vanilla game downloaded and I am using your 2022.11.25-2.6.17 UL Version downloaded. 

I make a separate folder as the video instructs with the vanilla files, and then copy over the files from your download into that folder. I then launch using the .exe file. Do I need to delete my original 7d2d folder? 

26 minutes ago, rat_with_a_glock said:

I have triple checked my versions. I have the A20.7 b1 vanilla game downloaded and I am using your 2022.11.25-2.6.17 UL Version downloaded. 

I make a separate folder as the video instructs with the vanilla files, and then copy over the files from your download into that folder. I then launch using the .exe file. Do I need to delete my original 7d2d folder? 

Are you using linux and did you copy all the required files? Copying just Mods folder is not enough.

Mw2Dcnt.png

Hello, I just installed Undead Legacy and when starting a save it has some odd behavior, it just closes both UL and steam, OS is Arch Linux, it isn't running under proton, and is running without any extra mods or anything.

4 hours ago, LucidMD said:

Hello, I just installed Undead Legacy and when starting a save it has some odd behavior, it just closes both UL and steam, OS is Arch Linux, it isn't running under proton, and is running without any extra mods or anything.

if you are running linux, you have to start UL with run_bepinex.sh