Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On 6/28/2023 at 11:27 PM, wolfarus said:

Don't expect the next release until end of summer, possibly sometime into september.

I obviously don't know how Subquake operates but the way I see it there's so much to do it'll likely take at least twice as long. Point is, I think it's better to let the guy do the magic at his own pace and not make him feel like he has to hit a certain date. Better to take it easy and get things done eventually than to burn out and abandon the whole thing.

I have a world that I set 5 ore extractors in a fenced in area and visit it once a day and now everytime I go back and it starts to load the entire game crashes and goes directly to desktop. I have tried changing all graphics option to the lowest setting and nothing makes a difference. I have also tried rebuilding chunks, flying, digging, god mode, you name it I have tried that I can think of. Also not going to give up the world, I have built to much. HELP Please.

Edited by RepliCopy (see edit history)

On 6/27/2023 at 4:32 PM, Subquake said:

That will be improved

Timed Charges is an alternative way to get into those (through radial menu)
Jail Breakers increase your lockpicking skill while the buff is active by +75

Lockpicks have an inert bonus of +25 to lockpicking compared to bobby pins

Thanks vm for answer!
My fault about hacking, I completely forgot that there are candies with a bonus of +75.
And I would like to cry some more about some things in your wonderful mod).  Your mod is simply amazing, there are so many wonderful ideas that were so lacking in vanilla, but sometimes I am very "surprised" by some of your solutions) - One of them is why it takes so much time to grow vegetables and flowers, as well as the production of eggs and honey? as much as 2 hours of real time! maybe there are some ways to speed it up in the game, but I haven't found anything yet, I hope you fix it, it's unbearably long for me personally.
I also face the problem of zombie attacks through the lower block between the doorway when they bend over , maybe it's a vanilla problem

On 7/1/2023 at 3:24 AM, RepliCopy said:

I have a world that I set 5 ore extractors in a fenced in area and visit it once a day and now everytime I go back and it starts to load the entire game crashes and goes directly to desktop. I have tried changing all graphics option to the lowest setting and nothing makes a difference. I have also tried rebuilding chunks, flying, digging, god mode, you name it I have tried that I can think of. Also not going to give up the world, I have built to much. HELP Please.

So, I read your post and thought 'Well that's just messed up.' Just so happens that I had four of those ore extractors queued up in my crafting table. Ya know, day 148 (60 minute days), I could use some more titanium without having to mine for it. So, I placed them away from my base (not far enough away it seems).  I returned from a Trader run in a neighboring city and now can't get home.  Yep, same symptoms as you experienced. Get within a certain distance of the 'chunk' and I am getting kicked to desktop.  Now, in a previous run I had two ore extractors, an oil well, three chicken coops and five apiaries with no issues. This time I have the same number of chickens, bees and a single oil well. But I doubled the amount of ore extractors this time.  Something is up with those mining rigs....

I think we're both screwed. 

I am going to start a new random world. I really like UL and not fond of the new TFP A21.  This time I won't mess with ore extractors (tbh they didn't yield a lot, I did it for the chance to get titanium). See? Getting titanium has its risks....in our case its 'game over'.

A20.6

UL 2.6.13

i7 @ 2.2 GHz

32 GB RAM

Windows 10

270 GB free space on the SSD

RTX3060

Will try to download UL 2.6.17 for the next run.

Edited by Melange
Added system specs (see edit history)

3 hours ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

Subquake what do you think about the modlets for Undead Legacy designed to change some of the progression tree?

Things like Anti-Bull@%$#, Rebalance and Better Hard Difficulty?

Would you consider them as feedback?

I think the mod is fine at it is, but I understand some people want an easier experience.

I know Darkness Falls gets similar treatment, but for different changes. No demons or no fireballs. Just I don't think anyone has officially created a mod yet and published it.

Until the spiders broke, many players would request a "no spider" version.

Seeing that SQ's UL has grown substantially in the past year or so, while these "bull@%$#" features were in action, I think he wouldn't be too concerned. This mod is awfully popular.

53 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

I know Darkness Falls gets similar treatment, but for different changes. No demons or no fireballs. Just I don't think anyone has officially created a mod yet and published it.

Until the spiders broke, many players would request a "no spider" version.

Seeing that SQ's UL has grown substantially in the past year or so, while these "bull@%$#" features were in action, I think he wouldn't be too concerned. This mod is awfully popular.

Yeah fair enough.

As long as people don't redistribute anything UL, those stand-alone modlets are just the community customizing their experience.

Still think Undead Legacy is perfect as it is, but I understand the appeal.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:24 PM, RepliCopy said:

Try setting your Virtual Memory upwards of 32-64 GB's (double the system RAM). I was getting similar issues when I first tried UL.

52 minutes ago, Kajimbeck said:

May I ask? how can I take the generator that I placed in the inventory, all the workbenches and items can be moved to the inventory, but for some reason the generator cannot be used, maybe need to use some kind of item?

Have to place a land claim block to be able to pick up electrical stuff

On 7/11/2023 at 12:52 AM, Subquake said:

Have to place a land claim block to be able to pick up electrical stuff

Thanks! can you help again?) - how to get a motorcycle engine?
on day 64, I have already disassembled 10 pieces and not one of them did not drop the engine, there are still very few of them on the map. Maybe can buy it from a merchant? only I have never seen it in the assortment.

On 7/14/2023 at 7:23 AM, Kajimbeck said:

Thanks! can you help again?) - how to get a motorcycle engine?

I looked for abandoned motorcycles that already have engines (you can tell which parts are missing when you interact with it) and I just came back later with all the parts to get it running. You'll need the vehicle repair manuals for this to work, but then it's always a 100% chance. Salvaging for engines is very RNG and early on your skills will be pretty bad.

Edited by Lemmers (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Lemmers said:

I looked for abandoned motorcycles that already have engines (you can tell which parts are missing when you interact with it) and I just came back later with all the parts to get it running. You'll need the vehicle repair manuals for this to work, but then it's always a 100% chance. Salvaging for engines is very RNG and early on your skills will be pretty bad.

Yep, but since we need an engine to be able to research the motorcycle repair manual in the first place, finding that first engine can sometimes take longer than it seems it should. RNG is not always nice to us. Then again, in this last play through I found the first motorcycle engine while looting (not wrenching) a car, but it was around day 40 (60-minute days). So you never know...

4 hours ago, Melange said:

Yep, but since we need an engine to be able to research the motorcycle repair manual in the first place, finding that first engine can sometimes take longer than it seems it should. RNG is not always nice to us. Then again, in this last play through I found the first motorcycle engine while looting (not wrenching) a car, but it was around day 40 (60-minute days). So you never know...

I will work on improving ways to get that engine, there were other alternative options suggested as well 

I have a few questions . 

When a screamer screams does she continuously generate zombies until you kill her? 

Is there a way I can change something to make the little bags like arrows that drop out of zombies when they despawn last awhile longer ? 

Also can S-core, NPC-Core and some of the zombie packs be added to the modpack ? 

Thank you

On 7/18/2023 at 11:03 PM, Melange said:

Yep, but since we need an engine to be able to research the motorcycle repair manual in the first place, finding that first engine can sometimes take longer than it seems it should.

I completely forgot it was required, sorry about that. But I'm glad to hear there will be more ways to find it going forward!

Keep up the good work, Subquake!

On 7/21/2023 at 11:12 AM, swmeek said:

I have a few questions . 

When a screamer screams does she continuously generate zombies until you kill her? 

Is there a way I can change something to make the little bags like arrows that drop out of zombies when they despawn last awhile longer ? 

Also can S-core, NPC-Core and some of the zombie packs be added to the modpack ? 

Thank you

S-Core/NPC-Core is not compatible with UL

As for screamers - they work like in vanilla.

Also Undead Legacy is just one mod, it's not a modpack

On 7/3/2023 at 10:44 AM, Melange said:

So, I read your post and thought 'Well that's just messed up.' Just so happens that I had four of those ore extractors queued up in my crafting table. Ya know, day 148 (60 minute days), I could use some more titanium without having to mine for it. So, I placed them away from my base (not far enough away it seems).  I returned from a Trader run in a neighboring city and now can't get home.  Yep, same symptoms as you experienced. Get within a certain distance of the 'chunk' and I am getting kicked to desktop.  Now, in a previous run I had two ore extractors, an oil well, three chicken coops and five apiaries with no issues. This time I have the same number of chickens, bees and a single oil well. But I doubled the amount of ore extractors this time.  Something is up with those mining rigs....

I think we're both screwed.

Include me as well.  I have the exact same bug. Everything was fine when I only had 3 oil/coalshale extractors working in a block just south of my base.  When I added two more for a total of 5 extractors, the game will crash the second I enter that block/Region.

I have tried all the steps to rebuild those blocks and region independently, together, and everything else I can try; however, the moment you cross into that block the game crashes to desktop.

So, it appears the safe limit is 3 extractors; go up more and it will cause some error that crashes the mod when entering the block.

Hopefully it can be fixed when the update occurs. 😊  I LOVE THIS MOD!

2 hours ago, Xammux said:

Include me as well.  I have the exact same bug. Everything was fine when I only had 3 oil/coalshale extractors working in a block just south of my base.  When I added two more for a total of 5 extractors, the game will crash the second I enter that block/Region.

I have tried all the steps to rebuild those blocks and region independently, together, and everything else I can try; however, the moment you cross into that block the game crashes to desktop.

So, it appears the safe limit is 3 extractors; go up more and it will cause some error that crashes the mod when entering the block.

Hopefully it can be fixed when the update occurs. 😊  I LOVE THIS MOD!

Try to avoid placing the extractors tightly next to each other, that's what probably is causing the issue, also if you previously had farm plots or something like that before in those spots - that can cause that issue as well. spread them apart, have at the bare minimum 1 block free between them

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Try to avoid placing the extractors tightly next to each other, that's what probably is causing the issue, also if you previously had farm plots or something like that before in those spots - that can cause that issue as well. spread them apart, have at the bare minimum 1 block free between them

Will do. Thanks Subquake again for your mod and patreon!

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Oooooh. Yes, I did push them neatly next to each other as well (on virgin soil). Who'd of thought that to be an issue? But, once bitten twice shy. Not quite the trigger for a rage quit, but disheartening to have to start another session after advancing far enough in a play-through to be able to place them in the first place. Live and learn. I'll pass on the ore extractors for now, as I mentioned earlier they're not really OP as is, so minimal impact on my game.  Thanks for the insight, and your mod (overhaul) fits my play style perfectly. I'm looking forward to your next release.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...