Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

15 minutes ago, yort said:

I want to start off by saying I love this mod so much, and am having so much fun playing it the past few days.

I've had a couple issues with noise and trying to stay stealthy in the game, especially at my base. The many storage options you've added are so cool, and I love that you can pick up everything and design the base of your dreams. My issue is that it seems counterproductive to upgrade beyond cardboard boxes, because they are so much quieter than all the other options. Even containers that seem like they should be quiet, like a leather trunk make so much noise that it immediately alerts nearby zombies, even though I'm sneaking and have points in the noise reduction perk. Would love to see some kind of padded wood or iron crates to improve storage capacity without sacrificing stealth. Or some kind of sound proof padding to add to base walls, though that seems more difficult. It would at least be nice to see how much noise the different containers make when you select them in the inventory.

These are just a few thoughts I had, I'm sure you already have plenty of your own and I look forward to whatever updates you bring. Thank you for this amazing mod.

I will be adding more interaction sound effects in the future, but for now you kind of have to endure the vanilla metal box sounds when interacting with storage, sry 😅

Leather Trunk is a POI loot container, all the POI loot containers are intentionally made louder, and what you pick up is literally the same container, that's why it inherits the same loudness levels as in its natural wild habitat. I could mitigate that and create a clone, that you get when you pick it up with less noise generation in a future update.

But yeah, like I said, I have plans for changing/adding some sounds around in future :)

31 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Leather Trunk is a POI loot container, all the POI loot containers are intentionally made louder

Thank you for this info, I didn't realize that. I had tried using a wood crate that I picked up early and it immediately brought zombies to my very weak ramshackle base, so I assumed all the wood storage boxes would be equally noisy. I probably should have played the mod more before commenting. I just made the wood storage box at the carpenter's table and found it only increased my visibility by 8, about the same as the medicine cabinets and weapon bags, though slightly more than the cardboard boxes which only increase it by 5 or 6.

Sorry if this question is too obvious or whatever, but does the perk shadow fox affect the noise made from opening containers? It's not super clear what noise the perk affects (I'm also curious whether it affects shooting guns).

2 hours ago, Zarracuda said:

So I crafted the Minibike-Maintenance Book to repair a Minibike on the road. But i can not read the book. I get a message that i can not use this item.  Is that a known bug?

Read the description on the book. You need to know previous books too, which in this case is Bicycle Maintenance.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hi,

I am quite new here, so first of all I really wanted to thank you for your hard work and your really great new ideas that you bring on and on. 😍  For people who like to have a hard time during gaming it's nearly perfect. I love it 😁 I have seen in the comments that you plan on bringing NPC's and you really should. I've played war of the walkers with friends and I have to admit that the mod is nearly at your Level. Just because of the NPC's... So please put some in ,they don't have to be perfect at the beginning but it puts so much life in the Game.

So do you maybe plan with them this year?

And what is with some new Zombies?

yes I know I asking a lot 😂 But I think that we all agree that we all are tired of the same Zombie faces

With a little answer I would be really happy :) Thank you for your time and I hope you still have fun doing this for us and I think I am not saying to much that we really Love you and your work❤️ 

1 hour ago, napoleonthebeast said:

So do you maybe plan with them this year?

And what is with some new Zombies?

I can't give you any specific dates, but definitely not this year. I will not be working on custom NPCs of the nature you speak of before TFP have added bandits to the base game, which is most likely in A22, so I would work on stuff like that no sooner than after A22. I am in no rush and have plenty on my plate as is right now :) 

Glad you're enjoying the mod :)

On 7/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Anarath said:

I got it running on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and it probably works for higher versions of macOS as well (?).

[7 Days to Die Alpha 20.5 (b2) and Undead Legacy 2.5.82]

Just started the game, generated a new world (which took quiet long and close to the end I thought the game may had crashed, but it didn't - so be VERY patient!) and looked at my surroundings for like 15 seconds.

So, following these steps gets you at least to that point. Anything after that ... you have to find out yourself 😅

Installing Undead Legacy
1. Download Undead Legacy and open the UndeadLegacy folder afterwards.
2. Open your 7 Days to Die folder (user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die).
    2.1 Make a backup of your current Mods folder!
3. Move the following files and folders from the UndeadLegacy folder to your 7 Days to Die folder:
    BepInEx
    doorstep_config.ini
    doorstep_libs
    Mods
    run_bepinex.sh
4. Right-click on the 7DaysToDie application, press and hold the Command key and choose "Show Package Contents".
5. Copy following files and folders from the 7 Days to Die folder to the 7DaysToDie application:
    Mods
    serverconfig.xml
6. Open the Terminal application.
7. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
8. Copy & paste this and hit enter: chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh
9. You have successfuly installed Undead Legacy.

Starting Undead Legacy
1. Open the Terminal application.
2. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
3. Copy & paste this and hit enter: ./run_bepinex.sh
    3.1 It may take a few moments till the game starts.

3.2 Don't close the Terminal window as long as the game runs.

3.3 macOS might deny to run the command due to security reasons. (Thanks to Spladow for mentioning this!)

3.3.1 Go to "System Preferences > Security and Privacy" and click on the "General" tab.

3.3.2 Near the bottom, you should see an option where it lets you override the security concern for bepines.sh.

3.3.3 Return to Terminal and run bepinex.sh. This time it should launch successfully.
4. Have fun.

Step3MoveFiles.png

Step5CopyFiles.png

InGame.png

I followed these instructions exactly and double checked more than once. However when I go to run the command chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh it tells me no such file or directory in the terminal. I went ahead and tried the next to commands to see if it would work and it again tells me no such file or directory. Please help me I was supper pumped to finally be able to play this. I have been looking all week for someone to show me how to get it on Mac, now sort of a let down. I would really appreciate any help and of course appreciate your time! Thanks! 

Edited by Chrisspy36
Two posts combined as on e (see edit history)

Hey Subquake, I'm hoping that you have the time to look at this and reply. First just want to say from all the videos I've seen of people playing this mod, it looks amazing. I am really excited to play it! However I have a Mac and I am having an extremely tough time finding a tutorial or someone explaining how to download and install this mod that actually works. I have tried following the link from your mod page. I also have replied to their instruction letting them know it did not work. I just thought I might ask you directly, as you clearly have a high level of understanding in of all this, hope that's cool. I would really appreciate any help you or anyone can give me! I love this game but it has grown a little stale and of the overhaul mods I've seen this is the one I am pretty hyped to play! Look forward to hearing back. Thanks for your time.

6 hours ago, Chrisspy36 said:

I followed these instructions exactly and double checked more than once. However when I go to run the command chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh it tells me no such file or directory in the terminal. I went ahead and tried the next to commands to see if it would work and it again tells me no such file or directory. Please help me I was supper pumped to finally be able to play this. I have been looking all week for someone to show me how to get it on Mac, now sort of a let down. I would really appreciate any help and of course appreciate your time! Thanks! 

Hey there. I recently installed UL because of a transition to a new computer. Using my guide it just worked like before. So we can presume that UL itself hasn't changed in regards to the installation process.

If Terminal is not able to locate the run_bepinex.sh then either the file is not in the right place or you did not navigate to the right directory.

Make sure you did not by accident copied the run_bepinex_server.sh instead of the run_bepinex.sh file.

Check again if the path to the directory is correct. People might move install directories of the game in which case the guides path wouldn't work.

You can write the 'cd' command and afterwards drag and drop a folder on the Terminal window to get its path automatically written in.

If nothing is gonna work you might want to send me screenshots from the 7 Days to Die folder and the folder showing the 7 Days to Die application package content for further inspection.

Hello there, my friends and I were playing on my friend's PC, he had created the seed. And recently we've run into an issue of the game crushing on him reaching one particular place with the automated machines installed near the trader area. There are no logs or crash reports anywhere that we can research the issue. He just gets kicked out of the game and the game closes completely. Any idea how to help it?  Cos we so don't want to lose all the progress already.😒

Edited by Regina Swan (see edit history)

On 4/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, Regina Swan said:

Hello there, my friends and I were playing on my friend's PC, he had created the seed. And recently we've run into an issue of the game crushing on him reaching one particular place with the automated machines installed near the trader area. There are no logs or crash reports anywhere that we can research the issue. He just gets kicked out of the game and the game closes completely. Any idea how to help it?  Cos we so don't want to lose all the progress already.😒

Mosttimes the issues for such "crashes" are, the mashine run out for memory.
Does your friend just got 16GB RAM ? Then he should close background programs before he start 7d2d to free some RAM.
Or increase the pagefile.

From the Discord:
For Undead Legacy if you have 16GB or less system memory (RAM), it's highly recommended to increase Page File (for Windows) or Swap File (for Linux) size to at least 32GB! Windows Tutorial:

https://mcci.com/support/guides/how-to-change-the-windows-pagefile-size/

Linux Tutorial:

https://arcolinux.com/how-to-increase-the-size-of-your-swapfile/

MAC OS. hello, I ran into a problem with the error "error report with the application" after the command ./run_bepinex.sh did everything according to the instructions. when you start the game after an error, the console pops up. helpspacer.png

8 hours ago, kotjer075 said:

MAC OS. hello, I ran into a problem with the error "error report with the application" after the command ./run_bepinex.sh did everything according to the instructions. when you start the game after an error, the console pops up. helpspacer.png

You need to use run_bepinex.sh script to launch UL on Mac OS. Based on the screenshot, that did not happen.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Been awhile since I have posted on here been busy making a Static Map to use with the Undead Legacy Mod , mostly for myself , brother and sister in law.

However I will release the POI's and map for all to use if they wish to. Im currently around 59-62 POI's made so far maybe more got a lot of things made and on the side , but around 60 Poi's put on the map. 

I had more POI's done and worked on but changed the direction I was going.

My question , to Subquake or anyone else that can answer here if you will is , shoul i start deleting the current Subquake doors and items for the  new alpha release coming up by Fun Pimps. I am not sure how that works in relation to new builds / updates with a mod.

I have very little experince with new updates and mods and pre made maps , I think previously some items that are removed would show up as a question mark , but again I am not sure.

I would hate to lose that last several months worh of work. 

Hope the question is clear and thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this for me. 

I have looked around but have not found anything pertaining this question.

Edited by Demigog
added some context (see edit history)