Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

On 1/23/2024 at 3:54 AM, The_Techno_Viking said:

Sorry for my English

You just have to know that, man. Your mod is the best thing that ever happened to the game. Now I'm playing vanilla and I'm just "shaking" from realizing the difference between what level vanilla and your brainchild are at.

We're all just waiting. Good luck, man.

It really is. A21 has good additions and changes, but it just doesn't do it for me. Going from Undead Legacy back to vanilla is like going from a release quality product back to an old beta or test branch.

A21 had few good additions to the game, but overall its not as good... it has some very bad things too. I was hesitating over using mod, im kind of player who enjoy things exactly a they was created (i dont even use spices in restaurant for the same reason), but if devs are breaking their own game, destroying thing that this game become known for... i decided to look for mods, and Undead Legacy seems best from all others (based on descriptions and featured changes).
Ill be honest, i havnt played it yet. Im waiting for A21 compatibility and try it for the first time with my friends.

2 hours ago, Archael said:

A21 had few good additions to the game, but overall its not as good... it has some very bad things too. I was hesitating over using mod, im kind of player who enjoy things exactly a they was created (i dont even use spices in restaurant for the same reason), but if devs are breaking their own game, destroying thing that this game become known for... i decided to look for mods, and Undead Legacy seems best from all others (based on descriptions and featured changes).
Ill be honest, i havnt played it yet. Im waiting for A21 compatibility and try it for the first time with my friends.

Its pretty amazing. It adds great features that feel like they belong, including a lot of great quality of life. The XUI is top-notch and should be reason for TFP to pause for reflection. (be a hero a post xui standalone)

Progression is slower but meaningful, and while some may complain its grindy, I found it lends to a greater sense of achievement that makes playing to day 50, 75, 100+ much more viable. The base game is boring by day 35 basically every time after the first. Multiplayer becomes the only way to redeem it. This was not the case with UL.

Edited by Dullahan (see edit history)

On 2/6/2024 at 4:23 PM, Verion17 said:

Subquake, is there any hope of seeing A21 UL in February? or is it still March?

Thx for your work)

And sry for my english)

Definitely not February, it'll be ready when it's ready

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in that I, too, am verymuch looking forward to the A21 update to this, as it's by far my favorite overhaul (though unlike a lot of others I see, I also enjoy A21 in general. Excited to see what new stuff you've got cooking).

• 3 weeks later...

cant wait A21 UDL!!!!  And...

Is there any chance you would lower the HP of zombies at the beginning of the early game stage or enhance primative weapons? I feel it a little insane at early stage but too easy when I get better weapons.

12 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

не могу дождаться A21 UDL!!!! И...

Есть ли шанс, что вы понизите HP зомби в начале ранней стадии игры или усилите примитивное оружие? На ранней стадии это кажется мне немного безумным, но когда я получаю лучшее оружие, становится слишком легко.

I don't see the point. lower the difficulty if it is difficult to play. Lots of options.

Hello, dear creator-modmaker!

I want to thank you for such a titanic job. This mod gives a new look to the game by adding a lot of features and a lot of content. I can continue to praise you and your baby-mod!

I want to ask you to think about teleportation. A kind of sophisticated machine that allows you to be in the right place and in the right position almost instantly. Naturally, it shouldn't be easy, and every use of this device requires a lot of energy and resources!

At the moment we can create a huge world, moving from point to point will take a very long time. Ground transportation is inefficient. And helicopters are undoubtedly useful vehicles, but the speed leaves much to be desired. I want, for example, jet planes.

I love traveling, but I want to embrace the whole created world.

Thanks for your attention!

1 hour ago, Kuoshi_Zetzy said:

I want to thank you for such a titanic job. This mod gives a new look to the game by adding a lot of features and a lot of content. I can continue to praise you and your baby-mod!

I want to ask you to think about teleportation. A kind of sophisticated machine that allows you to be in the right place and in the right position almost instantly. Naturally, it shouldn't be easy, and every use of this device requires a lot of energy and resources!

At the moment we can create a huge world, moving from point to point will take a very long time. Ground transportation is inefficient. And helicopters are undoubtedly useful vehicles, but the speed leaves much to be desired. I want, for example, jet planes.

I'm pretty sure TFP have plans for teleportation already, so SQ is unlikely to do it himself if they are already going to do so.

4 hours ago, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

I'm pretty sure TFP have plans for teleportation already, so SQ is unlikely to do it himself if they are already going to do so.

I'll most definitely will do my own version and will modify whatever TFP plan to do to fit my goals, I don't want fast travel to be cheaply or easily available in the game where it makes vehicles trivial and unnecessary options

6 hours ago, Kuoshi_Zetzy said:

My goal is to add Valheim like teleporters, but in order for them to operate, they will require lots of power and will have to be powered or charged on both ends to work and would not allow you to use them, if you're encumbered to prevent cheese, like trying to carry through a buttload of materials, vehicles or whatever else. As I stated above, I still want vehicles to be a meaningful part of transportation, but if you want to quickly be somewhere else, there would be an alternative end game option such as a personal teleporter.

Planes are also planned :)

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

I'll most definitely will do my own version and will modify whatever TFP plan to do to fit my goals, I don't want fast travel to be cheaply or easily available in the game where it makes vehicles trivial and unnecessary options

Oh, yes! Thank you for such a detailed and pleasant answer.
I respect every stage of character development in the game. And I am very glad that transport will remain relevant.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:53 AM, Verion17 said:

Subquake,

when do you plan to release the patch? we are looking forward to it) 

Thx for your job) UL is the best)

He's said it'll be done when it's done. Have patience.

@Subquake

Question for ya. Since they just announced the next release is supposed to be happening sometime this summer, and with you still working on the update for the current release, are you going to take a breather after you're done w/ this current update? As in skip updating UL for the upcoming release and work on updating for the one after? You certainly deserve the break, if that's the plan.