Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

Mod is officially launched! Huge thanks for all the QA-Test team members, that suffered through and help me find all the bugs!

@KinaUndead Some testers had success running mod with Nitrogen, mod currently doesn't have any RWG changes, but it has changes in biomes.xml

Alright, I think I'll possibly give it a try then! Though, that being said.. are the biome changes necessary to the experience or are they mostly just influential to the way the biomes generate themselves? (Such as, would I be missing anything in the biomes.. or is it just biome size differences-- etc)

Thanks again, and I really appreciate the quick reply! I'd meant to ask this earlier too but I actually got preoccupied with trying it out a bit then had to step out for awhile.

5 minutes ago, xxx73 said:

I love the UI, look so fresh, modern an inviting compared to vanilla. I have been modding darkness falls for 2 months now, so I cant use your compete mod, but I would love to use the UI, and chance to get it separated?

No, UI won't work without the mod. It's technically impossible, it was designed to complement Undead Legacy mod and has been deeply integrated in the game files to offer you all the quality of life features it has. It's not just XMLs and images, there's a lot of backend C# code making it all work and come to life!

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

@Subquake, congrats on the release! Good job. This is the very first time I tried Undead Legacy (I never played it in previous Alphas). I've been playing it for hours now and it's cool. Kinda feels like old Alphas, except with some new, advanced features and modern look. The gameplay isn't as easy as vanilla, but I think it's reasonably challenging, not too challenging like some other overhauls with absurdly crazy difficulty lol. I feel like it's more or less what most of us average players expect from the game and I like it.

If you ever added NPC survivors and some story, that would make it perfect lol.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Hi Subquake

Any possibility that you add to the Undead legacy mod, the compatibility to be able to compile with DMT the Sphereii-Core mod and Legacy distain terrain, those mods have been very helpful in terms of performance, now the game is lagging a bit, or you could add them.
Regards

I just realized that the mod notifies you of updates via the main menu and even has retroactive patch notes for the patches that come out even without having done anything on your the players end..... Like, seriously lol... how are you not hired by fun pimps as the main developer? I feel like the game would probably of been completed by now, and to much better results.

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi Subquake

Any possibility that you add to the Undead legacy mod, the compatibility to be able to compile with DMT the Sphereii-Core mod and Legacy distain terrain, those mods have been very helpful in terms of performance, now the game is lagging a bit, or you could add them.
Regards

They aren't compatible, no plans to make it so any time soon or maybe never. I try to avoid using other people code, but nothing set in stone, just don't want to get your hopes up

Good day Subquake

I think there might be an issue when trying to do 16k map .. after almost 2 hrs .. I had to ctrl _ alt _ delete out it was in "generating town" cycle for more than hour .. Your icon in the lower left corner was turning at a crawl .. so wasn't sure if it had frost up or not .. But at almost 2 hrs for RWG map is kinda Bad.

An 8k only took 23 minutes .. which is about normal for RWG ... not sure what happen on the 16k

I can make a 12k on nitrogen all day long in about 5-6 minutes.

Maybe you could offer a 12k option also,

Just a couple thoughts, maybe I will try a 16k again tomorrow and see what happens ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day Subquake

I think there might be an issue when trying to do 16k map .. after almost 2 hrs .. I had to ctrl _ alt _ delete out it was in "generating town" cycle for more than hour .. Your icon in the lower left corner was turning at a crawl .. so wasn't sure if it had frost up or not .. But at almost 2 hrs for RWG map is kinda Bad.

An 8k only took 23 minutes .. which is about normal for RWG ... not sure what happen on the 16k

I can make a 12k on nitrogen all day long in about 5-6 minutes.

Maybe you could offer a 12k option also,

Just a couple thoughts, maybe I will try a 16k again tomorrow and see what happens ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

You just need patience. I don't normally go above 8k maps but just done one to test and worked fine, generation took 63 minutes for me.

Good day Subquake

An update on the 16k map RWG ... I learned my LESSON ... Never again and I'm hoping it is a good map to play on

After .. 3 hrs _ 7 minutes _ 40 second + getting into game ... ( this is on a 64 ram _ gaming tower )

picture of proof on time .. 

Have a good weekend .. Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.11.01 - 00.42.05.10 (2).png

5 hours ago, unlike them said:

Quick question: what determines the crafting quality (tier) of a tool/weapon? Can't seem to find it :(

Build yourself a research station and place it. It unlocks schematics to level up things like items and weapons. Start with the lowest tier ( Believe its E, highest seems to be A? ) and work your way higher when you have the required bits. There's tiers of tables and benches as well, but its a place to start.

I've no idea if you can simply wait and build the highest Tier bench, and have it do everything. Perhaps Subquake can clarify.

I have looked but haven't see anyone post this:

Carpenters Axe is needed to create the Carpenter's bench tier 2 yet the wooden handle needed to make the carpenter's axe can only be made in the carpenters bench tier 2.

I know you can find it in loot, but I am 9 days in and haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Str8_Aim (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Str8_Aim said:

I have looked but haven't see anyone post this:

Carpenters Axe is needed to create the Carpenter's bench tier 2 yet the wooden handle needed to make the carpenter's axe can only be made in the carpenters bench tier 2.

I know you can find it in loot, but I am 9 days in and haven't seen it yet.

2.2.04 Update made it possible to make the handle in the Carpenter's Table Tier 1, make sure to keep the mod updated ;)

Any chance maybe to get the ability to craft or somehow acquire the number of fluid containing barrels (Fuel, water, beer)  about the map for mass storage at base(s)? Possibly learned through research as well before being able to craft in order to balance things out a little more? This would be great for RP purposes as well, though I could also see how it could get a little "OP" if you could just pick them up off the bat from breaking them... but given if they would have to be learned, and in the case of fuel barrels possibly call for steel plating to craft, I think it would be a fair trade for a bit of storage.