Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 hours ago, n2n1 said:

By the way, what does Prime do during business hours?
(i thought he was just a streamer and a PR-manager because he streams not only 7dtd but also completely left-wing games)

I thought so too, until I saw the signature  "Senior developer". But I do not know what exactly he is responsible for in development.

23 hours ago, User said:

Was the console version initially shown to not come with rwg? I don't remember. Seems like a pretty big thing to be missing, I'm not a console player, though.

Once again, very much against this dlc. I don't think its okay to not only release the game before a lot of promised features on a previous roadmap to gold are implemented, but also create paid dlc  🤔

Dlc? We're does it say dlc 

(Edit I can't read)

They are just increasing the price for full releases 

If you have 7dts your good

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

Just now, Adam the Waster said:

Dlc? We're does it say dlc 

They are just increasing the price for full releases 

If you have 7dts your good

Sorry, there's an outfit dlc shown as under the q4 2024 section in the roadmap 😅

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Outfit DLCs 🤡 yeah cooool microstransations :) this is the worst timeline

That's a really questionable feature.

Outfits DLC, but they will add Steam workshop in the future (meaning modders would eventually create outfits too)...

Steam Workshop will be (imo) the main way to increase the lifespan of the game after reaching gold+ and they shouldn't make DLC that can restrict the workshop in the future...

4 minutes ago, Teezer said:

That's a really questionable feature.

Outfits DLC, but they will add Steam workshop in the future (meaning modders would eventually create outfits too)...

Steam Workshop will be (imo) the main way to increase the lifespan of the game after reaching gold+ and they shouldn't make DLC that can restrict the workshop in the future...

Oblivion had mods and still everyone was angry abour horse armor. 

7dtd now - microtransations

bloodmoon? microtransations

They can restrict workshop after all

ehh i realy wish that 7dtd was finished in 2017. i think it would be the best for everyone xd

1 minute ago, Matt115 said:

ehh i realy wish that 7dtd was finished in 2017. i think it would be the best for everyone xd

I don`t think a microtransactions were mentioned anywhere, so this is speculation. 

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

I don`t think a microtransactions were mentioned anywhere, so this is speculation. 

DLC outfits - if it doesn't sounds like microtransations for you then check even RE4 remake for that

45 minutes ago, mstdv inc said:

I thought so too, until I saw the signature  "Senior developer". But I do not know what exactly he is responsible for in development.

A bit old video but he does mention some of the things he does in the A19 dev stream here around 0:30:

Lots of various gameplay systems like quest, trader, electricity etc.

33 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Aha leaving Ea unfinished. Pretty expected. It would be fair if they keep Ea until add bandits 

In the original Kickstarter roadmap they listed smooth terrain as a feature that would come after 1.0 launch. Personally I’m glad they shifted their timeline on that  and got it done sooner. If that means a different feature such as bandits needed to then be pushed back it doesn’t bother me. There were always going to be features that would be added after 1.0. 

This is first and foremost a zombie survival game. So, imo, as long as the game has zombies to survive against it’s fine for 1.0. Already there are people who mod out traders because they only want zombies. Already people have asked if there will be an option to disable bandits because they only want zombies. I don’t agree with those people but it does seem to indicate that bandits aren’t seen as an essential feature of a zombie survival game by everyone. 

I do want bandits but I definitely can see them as a late game expansionary feature beyond the scope of a basic zombie game. 

2 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yeah, it's a shame.

I had hoped for this game to become something good...

But now they're going to deliver the game, add more content and optimizations (and crossplay).

What a pity. :ohwell:

15 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

I'm not really upset cuz it's most likely for console. I highly doubt they will have mods 

Plus they need money to keep the lights on

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

I feel like the problem just boils down to how they did this. The announcement was completely random, and it contradicts things they've stated in the past, like how they said previously they didn't want to rubber stamp the game gold

"Unfortunately, to do a proper airport with our current standards we would need more than just one airplane model.  Maybe for DLC or next game.   "

I really hope they don't start selling poi packs on console or pc 💀

Edited by User (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Outfit DLCs 🤡 yeah cooool microstransations :) this is the worst timeline

We are getting a good variety of outfits for 1.0. It’s not like they are giving us just one light, one medium, and one heavy armor outfit and then we have to pay for more. Without ever paying an extra dime you’ll have a great variety to play with that give a divers mix of bonuses. 

Modders will also probably be able to take existing outfits and duplicate them with additional bonuses for even more variety. It’s only if you care about the cosmetic appearance  that you’ll feel a need to buy extra outfits. 

9 hours ago, JayBiggS said:

Whoa, spoilers

Mentioning reputation isn’t a spoiler. It’s listed on the roadmap they just released and they’ve talked about it many times in the past. I said there’s been work done on it. That’s all. 

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

In the original Kickstarter roadmap they listed smooth terrain as a feature that would come after 1.0 launch. Personally I’m glad they shifted their timeline on that  and got it done sooner. If that means a different feature such as bandits needed to then be pushed back it doesn’t bother me. There were always going to be features that would be added after 1.0. 

This is first and foremost a zombie survival game. So, imo, as long as the game has zombies to survive against it’s fine for 1.0. Already there are people who mod out traders because they only want zombies. Already people have asked if there will be an option to disable bandits because they only want zombies. I don’t agree with those people but it does seem to indicate that bandits aren’t seen as an essential feature of a zombie survival game by everyone. 

I do want bandits but I definitely can see them as a late game expansionary feature beyond the scope of a basic zombie game. 

And lack of Zombie Nomad mode ( oh wait it will be as paid spinoff with microtransations :) ) 

I don't want bandits but metioned then from diffrent reason -  i'm saying that they were always saying about them and now they " nah post 1.0 is going to have them. 

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, it's a shame.

I had hoped for this game to become something good...

But now they're going to deliver the game, add more content and optimizations (and crossplay).

What a pity. :ohwell:

Yeah -  maybe we remove a lot of content , maybe we developing game for many years but hey!  at least you guys will have mictrotransations :) 

Best trade ever xd Just Tekken situation.

8 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I'm not really upset cuz it's most likely for console. I highly doubt they will have mods 

Plus they need money to keep the lights on

Then they could.... finish it years ago if they financial situation is so bad? 

59 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Will we get dev streams and/or streamer weekend for this release?

No word yet on that. We need to let the arguing about the roadmap settle a bit before we start the argument over streamer weekend…heheh. 

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

We are getting a good variety of outfits for 1.0. It’s not like they are giving us just one light, one medium, and one heavy armor outfit and then we have to pay for more. Without ever paying an extra dime you’ll have a great variety to play with that give a divers mix of bonuses. 

Modders will also probably be able to take existing outfits and duplicate them with additional bonuses for even more variety. It’s only if you care about the cosmetic appearance  that you’ll feel a need to buy extra outfits. 

Yeah yeah.  

Why make true expension packs in style of dunno :darkest dungeon if you can make microtransations xd

Don't rely on modders.  Oblivion had mods and what?  Everyone remember horse armor. So - adding microtransation is bad. And unfair. 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

Mentioning reputation isn’t a spoiler. It’s listed on the roadmap they just released and they’ve talked about it many times in the past. I said there’s been work done on it. That’s all. 

imo you shouldn't have to pay, even if there is a good variety that comes with the game. This isn't a live service game, and the game isn't even done. Cosmetic or not, its unecessary. Espescially considering the game isn't finished yet.