Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

3 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

FEMALE CHARACTERS CRASHING ON MULTIPLAYER

need a dev to hotifx the error asap

The main issue is if one person has it on multiplayer it spreads like a cancer to everyone spamming their cosole client

2024-07-28T05:10:34 270.876 WRN Parameter 'IsMale' not found in animator 2024-07-28T05:10:34 270.884 INF Created player with id=183

Screenshot_2024-07-28_052107.png?ex=66a76d2c&is=66a61bac&hm=5f98b00d76cb2e1db8149464df76db7b94edfbb7dd1a9033c08639bfbec55396&=

Edit the entityClasses.xml file, look for the playerFemale class and modify the property named isMale from  false  to  true.

"the connecting IsMale param is not connected to the animator. Pimps rushed it"

HA! Sorry, but that is not crashing multiplayer. We've seen this "issue" internally for a while now. It's a benign warning that just adds a few lines to your output log.

If you are having crashing issues, please post a bug report with your output log(s) so we can take a look at what might really be going on.

Good Day to TFP's

Just a Couple of Thoughts:

1) .. Finish up the Shapes _ Many are still missing that are needed for Builds ... (Just go thru the list, to many of them to make a list " but mainly corners that never were finished and round overs.")

2) .. I Think we could USE a New Intro Page at the very beginning of the start "Since we are in V 1.0 Now."

Other than those 2 things, I think we are Good.

Enjoy your all's week ... The OldGamer 😌

14 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day to TFP's

Just a Couple of Thoughts:

1) .. Finish up the Shapes _ Many are still missing that are needed for Builds ... (Just go thru the list, to many of them to make a list " but mainly corners that never were finished and round overs.")

2) .. I Think we could USE a New Intro Page at the very beginning of the start "Since we are in V 1.0 Now."

Other than those 2 things, I think we are Good.

Enjoy your all's week ... The OldGamer 😌

If you feel that there are missing shapes, please compile a FULL list and DM them to me. I'll be glad to take a look.

14 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

I Think we could USE a New Intro Page at the very beginning of the start "Since we are in V 1.0 Now."

Are you talking about the "This title is Pre-Release software..."?
If so, we are not done with the game as indicated by the road map.

Alpha, V1.0, Gold. Just a label. It's done when it's done. 😛

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

14 hours ago, faatal said:

Yes, we have cross play working in testing. Due to the additional time required for testing and fixes and getting the required permissions from MS and Sony, it was delayed until after the 1.0 release.

Will the saves we create now be compatible with cross play when it is made available? If this isn't something you can answer at this time, I understand.

On 7/28/2024 at 10:14 AM, schwanz9000 said:

HA! Sorry, but that is not crashing multiplayer. We've seen this "issue" internally for a while now. It's a benign warning that just adds a few lines to your output log.

If you are having crashing issues, please post a bug report with your output log(s) so we can take a look at what might really be going on.

Thats awesome you guys have known this "issue" internally for a while now

Edited by Grandpa Minion (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

Thats awesome you guys have known this "issue" internally for a while now and perfer to let it linger. I don't know what multiplayer server your referring to but after seeing over 100 players on our server put in the quick hotfix their issue reduced tremendously. Also its just not my server if you read reddit and pay attention to other players from other multiplayer servers their having the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/comments/1e52uz1/psa_female_character_crashing_on_the_current_beta/

It is a simple warning message. That is all. We don't prefer to let it linger, just simply had more important issues to address.

I'd be more concerned with 100 PLAYERS on a single server!?!?!? A server side log would be helpful to see what is really crashing these servers.

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

So, back in A20 we were told that mods at some point in the future would only load from appdata/... and that <gamefolder>/Mods could no longer be used. Now we have a Mods folder in the game folder by default with the 0_TFP_Harmony mod. So, will this folder continue to work for user mods in the future, or only for TFP mods? If so, won't this be confusing for the players?

1 hour ago, seven said:

So, back in A20 we were told that mods at some point in the future would only load from appdata/... and that <gamefolder>/Mods could no longer be used. Now we have a Mods folder in the game folder by default with the 0_TFP_Harmony mod. So, will this folder continue to work for user mods in the future, or only for TFP mods? If so, won't this be confusing for the players?

I made 2 mods during experimental and placed them in the same mods folder as Harmony, they worked then and still work in stable.

14 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

I made 2 mods during experimental and placed them in the same mods folder as Harmony, they worked then and still work in stable.

Yes, it still works now. But at some point it was supposed to go away. Patch notes from 20.4

Mods are now loaded from <UserDataFolder>/Mods (i.e. the folder that also stores saves, e.g. on Windows %APPDATA%/7DaysToDie/Mods) in addition to <game folder>/Mods. In a future build this will change to only load from that new location so no data is written/changed in the program folder at any time.

This was said to be due to Microsoft games which does not allow user files in the game folder. Did they forget about this when adding the 0_TFP_Harmony mod, or is this no longer the case?

2 minutes ago, seven said:

Yes, it still works now. But at some point it was supposed to go away. Patch notes from 20.4

This was said to be due to Microsoft games which does not allow user files in the game folder. Did they forget about this when adding the 0_TFP_Harmony mod, or is this no longer the case?

My guess is that because that is a vanilla file, it makes sense for it to be in the game folder.  After all, the prefabs are also in the game folder.

9 hours ago, MysticalTreyy said:

is there a way that I can make more than two save files on console, because I've noticed that the world takes up space usage pretty fast.

The game has to allocate the world storage estimate up front due to how the console file systems work. The size is based on the Chunk Persistence setting. Lower the value to use less save space. You can also archive worlds which converts it to the basic files without the padding, so it is much smaller. It is very fast as these consoles have SSD storage.

image.png.b7834244125187d43d395634a273225d.png

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

The game has to allocate the world storage estimate up front due to how the console file systems work. The size is based on the Chunk Persistence setting. Lower the value to use less save space. You can also archive worlds which converts it to the basic files without the padding, so it is much smaller. It is very fast as these consoles have SSD storage.

image.png.b7834244125187d43d395634a273225d.png

ok, cuz i was wonderin 😊, thanks... I'm glad i didn't delete of of my other saves then 😁.

Edited by MysticalTreyy (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DerValiser said:

This is wrong on so many legal levels at the same time that even the opposite is also wrong.

Legally software is a special case where you are not even entitled to an error free version. I am curious to hear about all those legal levels you have mentioned 😉

2 hours ago, DerValiser said:

This is wrong on so many legal levels at the same time that even the opposite is also wrong.

That is why we are switching to the Omega versioning system. It involves time travel, where you go back in time to fix bugs before they can be born.

"They would reshape the Future by changing the Past. The plan required something that felt no pity. No pain. No fear. Something unstoppable. They created the Terminator."

The Buginator will be unleashed soon, but since the past will change, we will no longer remember this conversation..........

42 minutes ago, faatal said:

That is why we are switching to the Omega versioning system. It involves time travel, where you go back in time to fix bugs before they can be born.

"They would reshape the Future by changing the Past. The plan required something that felt no pity. No pain. No fear. Something unstoppable. They created the Terminator."

The Buginator will be unleashed soon, but since the past will change, we will no longer remember this conversation..........

bad news i am from the future, the buginator failed miserably to make any changes to this timeline.  Good news is at least 1 timeline out there is enjoying a bug free game with Bandits and everything.

1 hour ago, Javabean867 said:

bad news i am from the future, the buginator failed miserably

Not at all. I'm from your future's future and we sent a second Bugginator (a new, improved version) to fix the mistake.

This timeline will be catching up soon and you'll be erased. Sorry.  :noidea:

2 hours ago, Javabean867 said:

bad news i am from the future, the buginator failed miserably to make any changes to this timeline.  Good news is at least 1 timeline out there is enjoying a bug free game with Bandits and everything.

Curse those multiverses!

43 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Not at all. I'm from your future's future and we sent a second Bugginator (a new, improved version) to fix the mistake.

This timeline will be catching up soon and you'll be erased. Sorry.  :noidea:

we need to establish a time variance authority to ensure that all 7 days to die timelines get bandits. 1.0 and all planned roadmap content. road map content may very per multiverse though

10 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

we need to establish a time variance authority to ensure that all 7 days to die timelines get bandits. 1.0 and all planned roadmap content. road map content may very per multiverse though

Can we call them....Time Bandits then?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀