Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

@faatal I wonder if in the future, from a completely smooth landscape texture (which is drawn flat bumps, branches, grass, ground, etc.) developers will make of this flat texture volumetric texture pbr, as it was with the textures of columns once upon a time (with convex pattern) it will have a very strong impact on performance or still it is possible to realize team artists?

I don't understand what you are asking, but we are not planning on doing any kind of volumetric 3d textures.

1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

@faatal in the 1.0 update we got new textures for the effects of earth/asphalt flying apart after an explosion, it looks much better than before. But we still have the old textures of rocks, landscape, especially bad they look when a block of this or that soil/sand/mountain rock/mountain slopes, large rocks, etc. reduces its strength from our blows, gradually becoming smaller and smaller. And here we have the problem of stretching this texture. It's not the best quality, so it starts to look worse and worse under this deformation from our digging. A lot of players extract resources by creating their own mines. Yes actually on this is built the game (on the destructibility of all objects). And here we meet such a low quality product that requires improvement. Is it possible to improve these textures of rocks/soil/earth/sand/big stones/landscape/mountain slopes or somehow improve the stretching of these textures when their downgrading strength points and their stages of reduction, because they are very old?

@faatal And by the way, is it just me, or was the old stone that fell apart in two or three stages better than in 1.0, which falls apart in 1 stage and just disappears immediately? Yeah, maybe the texture of the new stone looks better, but I miss that old stone falling apart.

1. I don't know what art the artists still plan to change.

2. Pretty sure that boulder is done. It will not be changing.

1 hour ago, Arma Rex said:

I just remembered that a new pig model was teased on twitter not too long ago. Is that going in to the game like the rest of the new models? @faatal

Probably, but I don't know the status of that art.

2 hours ago, GRITTY said:

we're still in the experimental phase...it's not fully released yet

Yes, 1.0 is a full release which is a prerequisite for console launch.  Also why there was a price hike on Steam.  While not common, this is an official release but not gold as admitted by TFP.

I have played v1.0 for a week and I found that there are still some mistranslations in game of Chinese localisations. I don't know if you have any professional team working for localisation, but I can work at it as volunteer if you need.

Edited by NORTHTOWER (see edit history)

On 7/12/2024 at 7:53 AM, faatal said:

It is from these changes I made back in May (should be in the notes):

Added AI active sleepers will sometimes be awake and wander (1 in 10).
Added AI wandering sleepers use spawn position as center of wander.
Added sleeper volume trigger type Wander.

Very interesting, so I understand you set just 1 in 10 because performance?

Could be easy modable for us the relative number of wandering sleepers in POIs? maybe like 3 in 10

34 minutes ago, NORTHTOWER said:

I have played v1.0 for a week and I found that there are still some mistranslations in game of Chinese localisations. I don't know if you have any professional team working for localisation, but I can work at it as volunteer if you need.

Most developers won't use random people for localizations, but if you post the info about mistranslations, they are good at looking into it and fixing it, either with what you suggest or something else.  I just saw a Japanese localization fix mentioned a couple of days ago, so they do look into it when you let them know specific issues.

4 hours ago, DocRussel said:

Yes, 1.0 is a full release which is a prerequisite for console launch.

You can simply change the steam setting "Beta participation" to None. Whatever you download then is the latest release to the general public. If that is 1.0 then you are correct 😉

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

What was your party gamestage?

I think the highest is 65 - 70,  and level 35, I may be mistaken.

We are getting radioactive wright's already in POI, we did the Minotaur Theatre ( One of the best POI I have seen) and it was far harder to do than horde night . 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Annihilatorza (see edit history)

Loving the new heat activity changes

Prior to this update - two main choices for base

• Two separate bases - one horde and one main - reduce chance of loosing everything if your horde base fails, but relatively safe at your main base (very little defense required)
  • Combined base - more risk both during horde nights and during the rest of the week, but being a horde base, easy to defend (don't have to defend multiple locations)

Current playthrough - Int build

• Two bases (one horde one main)

I had screamers showed up on Day 6 since I was using my forge and had two campfires running the entire evening.  I think it was 3 screamers in total and I had a good amount of Z's to fight off.  Made me realized that I need to strengthen my main base at the same time I am working on my horde base, I can't assume I will just be safe in my main base

😀

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

If the POI is "complex", you night have a hole that they are getting through that you aren't noticing.  A good test is to generate heat or lure a zombie to your base and go inside and see if they find a way in or just attack walls.  You may have to hit them if they attack walls to break them out of rage mode in case that is the reason they are hitting walls and not because they can't reach you.

Maybe also just double check your land claim boundaries, though since you have them visible in your screenshot, I assume you already did.

Wandering Hoard also spawn within Trader compounds now.  I had never seen that before this version.

1 hour ago, Dreyseth said:

Wandering Hoard also spawn within Trader compounds now.  I had never seen that before this version.

That would be an interesting/different quest development.
If the invincibility, were removed for a time and the megaphone
blared that the trader was under attack. The player is then given
the choice to help or abstain.

If yes and the mission is successful then specific sought
after rewards are available.

If no then the trader falls and becomes defunct, or becomes a bit
more hostile and raises prices, so Rekt would stay the same.😁

It could be a precursor to a reputation system, and the mod
that existed having mercs and turrets and bandits and The Duke.

It could be the beginning of an apocalyptic story that many have
requested. Sort of like the development of  Neegan's story.

Possibilities.

Or it could just be a coincidence.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles (see edit history)

11 hours ago, HeLLKnight said:

Very interesting, so I understand you set just 1 in 10 because performance?

Could be easy modable for us the relative number of wandering sleepers in POIs? maybe like 3 in 10

There would be a minor performance hit, the more wandering, but not the reason. 1 in 10 because it is a new feature that needs feedback on how it effects the game. I don't believe in making large changes and just hoping for the best. Incremental is better than yo-yoing around.

11 hours ago, Riamus said:

Most developers won't use random people for localizations, but if you post the info about mistranslations, they are good at looking into it and fixing it, either with what you suggest or something else.  I just saw a Japanese localization fix mentioned a couple of days ago, so they do look into it when you let them know specific issues.

We use a professional localization company, but we also have a full time tester who is Japanese, so those get more immediate fixes.

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

What are you filming

That's KZTV Channel 7 out of Navezgane, 250 kW. They do local news and "Morning Navezgane", otherwise it's reruns of The Munsters, Dark Shadows, Night Gallery, Twighlight Zone, and of course M*A*S*H.

52 minutes ago, zztong said:

That's KZTV Channel 7 out of Navezgane, 250 kW. They do local news and "Morning Navezgane", otherwise it's reruns of The Munsters, Dark Shadows, Night Gallery, Twighlight Zone, and of course M*A*S*H.

That would actually be great! 

I've always wished they'd add one or more pre-recorded radio stations.

That would give us an incentive maybe to build our own radio to put in our own base. :hat:

9 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That would actually be great! 

That would give us an incentive maybe to build our own radio to put in our own base. :hat:

To get missions from your base that would be cool! Or even just for decor 

48 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Diamond City Radio is IMO the best feature of Fallout 4. I sometimes listen to it (via YouTube) when playing 7D2D.

Was the HNN Bank Tower just added or from A21?      Just did it for the first time and for it being a Non-quest building,  that was a blast due to the alarm going off and calling in rando's.  We need more of those buildings that are extreme difficult and not a quest. You build up towards taking them down.  

31 minutes ago, BloodDeacon said:

I think that 1 in 10 sleepers being wandering is a good figure, but 1 in 5 wouldn't be unreasonable.  The stealth game is already rough enough in many POI, so I also can't see above 1 in 5 being great.

honestly having the "sleep walkers" ( heard GNS use the term ) is so cool in general. its pretty cool how TFP managed to get them in the game. just wish there were more. makes POIs scarier imo... but I think you should be able to hear them shuffling around better. these new silent zombies sneaking up on me during raids feels unfair, especially when they walk over sound traps without kicking the trash like we do!