Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

30 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

You know, all the talk about new triggered one-time events reminded me to ask:

Is the fact that the propane tank at Scarecrow Farms* explodes if you so much as look at it funny from the street actually an intentional scripted event?

*(I think this is the POI name. The one with 4 trailers for temporary farm workers and the very dense cornfields with only a single living cornstalk.)

I believe the POI name is Fiery Farms, and I assume from the name that it's intentional. :)

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

Is the fact that the propane tank at Scarecrow Farms* explodes if you so much as look at it funny from the street actually an intentional scripted event?

*(I think this is the POI name. The one with 4 trailers for temporary farm workers and the very dense cornfields with only a single living cornstalk.)

Yes

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

LOL I remember when I first ran into that when testing.  That is one of my favorite POI's now.

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

We have talked about something like that.  Hopefully we can have some of that in the next update.  There may or may not be an audio easter egg somewhere out there in the world in 1.0. 😎

Personally, for the wedding, I like how only part of the system works - you get the lights but not the music. To me that feels more post apocalyptic. That's one of the cool things about the post apocalyptic aesthetic. You have parts of the old world that are still there, and parts that aren't. And as time goes on, there's less and less of the old world. 

P.S. If you can find it, there was an old scientific show called Life After People, showing what would happen to the world, over time, if people suddenly disappeared. 

Edited by Arez (see edit history)

I don't think there are any major surprises in the release notes but one nice little addition I spotted was:

Also note the addition of a new Radial Menu option:
Copy Shape And Rotation

https://steamcommunity.com/games/251570/announcements/detail/4175480871057654099

Hey Survivors,
In preparation for 1.0 Experimental Streamer Weekend tomorrow June 21st at 12 PM CST followed by the Public 1.0 Experimental release on Monday June 24th we have posted on our website the Official 1.0 Release Notes, Important dates ahead, console news and more.

7 Days to Die 1.0: Important Dates

Here is the current schedule. Note some dates are still subject to change.

• June 21st - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Streamer Weekend Steam
  • June 24th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Public Experimental Steam
  • June 28th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - Wishlisting PS5 & Xbox Series X/S
  • July 15th (Tentative Date) - Delisting the Legacy Console Game from digital stores
  • July 25th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Official Stable - Steam and Microsoft PC
  • July 25th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - PS5 and Xbox Series X/S launch including a 25% Discount on the purchase of the new product for Legacy Digital owners of the PS4 and Xbox One Telltale Edition. (Discount Subject to Console Policies)

Version 1.0 Streamer Weekend

If you missed the News 7 Days to Die 1.0 Streamer Weekend Event will begin: THIS FRIDAY, June 21st at 12 PM CST. Fans will be able to see over 250 streamers from thirty countries, in sixteen different languages in this three day event:

7 Days to Die 1.0: Over a Decade in the Making

After nearly twelve years of early access, the highly anticipated Version 1.0 release of 7 Days to Die is here! This momentous milestone marks a significant evolution in the survival horror genre, paired with an updated release for current-gen consoles coming in just a few weeks.

The 1.0 Edition brings more optimizations, polish, quality-of-life improvements, new content, new features, and new gameplay systems than ever before.

If you have never played 7 Days to Die or you have not played it for a while, you’re going to want to check out version 1.0. Building on an already amazing foundation, this update sets the bar even higher for the survival genre.

Also thank you fun Pimps for the control/gamepad additions! Aim asisit is always nice and the short cuts!!! Thank you

Outfit DLC intest me a bit but I hope we get some extras like the horder, murader, desert a few others. Like a hunting set But if there selling dlc I'll happily buy it.. (give me those deco blocks!!!!! )

Also I'm interested too see the wardrobe system... my guess it's a skin system. I hope we get too see that both in the base game and dlc like zombie biker and solder outfit, Overlord or bandit armor skins. 

And he'll why not the same system for vehicles!!! Put a van skin on your 4x4!!!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Outfit DLC intest me a bit but I hope we get some extras like the horder, murader, desert a few others

Male and female streaper outfits in that DLC please 😍

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

I don't think there are any major surprises in the release notes but one nice little addition I spotted was:

Copy Shape And Rotation

Goddamn fantastic. Seriously, this is a great addition.

2 minutes ago, Zombiepoptard said:

I wish they gave streamers Thursday and Friday so we could play it over the weekend. 

TFP devs have been pushing hard on getting the build ready. They would rather have a weekend off to let a larger audience test and find game-breaking bugs they may have missed.  You would not be getting a release over the weekend regardless of whether streamers get to test.

And to be very clear, the release on Monday is an opt-in unstable experimental build. It is not a solid release you should be looking forward to long-term play on.

@faatal Hello! I know it's too late to make changes to version 1.0, but how about adding this in the next update?
It seems to me that all players are already very tired of the old system of opening and picking locks. Or rather its absence. A completely boring random.
What about adding a hacking system like in TES Oblivion, TES Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mafia 2, etc.? Interactive interaction is so cool! We really hope you add this! Thank you for everything!

a388af5be4a3cc32b8eca3abb8c1b740--safe-door-false-bottom.jpg

RCLEmdVETQ3POKDZYnXs2w.jpeg

wFfH5Kpsb04.jpg

image.jpg

47 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

@faatal Hello! I know it's too late to make changes to version 1.0, but how about adding this in the next update?
It seems to me that all players are already very tired of the old system of opening and picking locks. Or rather its absence. A completely boring random.
What about adding a hacking system like in TES Oblivion, TES Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mafia 2, etc.? Interactive interaction is so cool! We really hope you add this! Thank you for everything!

a388af5be4a3cc32b8eca3abb8c1b740--safe-door-false-bottom.jpg

RCLEmdVETQ3POKDZYnXs2w.jpeg

wFfH5Kpsb04.jpg

image.jpg

Please, no.  Minigame lockpicking is fine in a game where you rarely pick a lock.  If you're picking locks often (most POIs past tier 1 or 2 have at least one locked container and some have many), then it is just tedious.  This game would not benefit from a lockpicking minigame.  For those who want it, I'm pretty sure I saw a mod that offers a version of it.

@faatal Regarding the release notes about events.xml and conditional XML statements, can I get a bit more info on that?  Is it possible to have conditional statements that affect the prefab XML that refer to events.xml?  I'm thinking that it would be interesting to create a POI that makes use of this for holidays.  For example, creating a part that is a pine tree with Christmas lights or a stack of presents and place that in the POI but have it only spawn in December.  Of course, that would only change when the POI is reset or on a new game and can't change mid-game without a reset of the POI, but it would be an interesting thing to do.  I could picture a variety of things you could do with POI if the conditional statements work with their XML.  All the holidays, of course.  Plus even potential to make a POI look different if reset during the night instead of during the day (great option for the restore power quests).

1 hour ago, Watermelon said:

TES Oblivion, TES Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mafia 2

Of the 4 choices, only Mafia 2 is depicted kind of like real lock picking though it is missing the tension tool. I find the others to be kind of funny, with things like breaking picks, depictions with two tension tools and no pick being as silly as using picks on a combination lock in 7d2d.

But I get it -- realism is not the point. It is just to be a mini game to keep you engaged...

28 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Please, no.  Minigame lockpicking is fine in a game where you rarely pick a lock.

... But I'm with Riamus on this one. If I want to pick locks, I'll pull out my picks and practice on my back door. When playing 7d2d, I'd rather hit the E key and take a drink of water while a little bit of time passes. Picking and Hacking was the only part of Fallout 4 I hated.

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

I don't know if that is an area we would want to focus on. The roadmap is full. End of year of coming fast.

All I ask for is the option to not have the counter reset when the lockpick breaks. (4 secs for gun safe, 3 for cop car, etc.)

At least point me to the xml file where I can remove this tedious timer.

I watched Eko's recently published video compiling and detailing many of the most noteworthy changes coming to A22/1.0, and goodness me have my doubts been squashed about the trader rework potentially not going to be as effective as hinted at. I'm curious how 'tolerable' living in the Pine Forest is going to be compared to the current version of the game (encouraging me to do some minor XML tweaking to progression changes), but I'm absolutely going to give it a fair shot.

One nerf/change that I identified, but I don't see anyone talking about is the removal of the 'exploit' to min-max traders and acquire all the completion bundles from all the different individual trader characters like you can in the current version of the game. At least in singleplayer, completion rewards are going to be a one-stop grab in 1.0, which is a very welcome change in my eyes.

The only minor constructive critique I can give is that I don't see many players choosing to craft quality level 6 primitive items (perhaps even T1) when they 'should' be saving those very rare crafting components for higher tiered items, so that requirement could be removed, but that's just a minor thing. I'm very eager to see how the progression plays out organically.

I'm semi-concerned how 'balanced' single biome playthroughs are going to be in 1.0. If a mod comes along that reintroduces random trader variety to all the biomes, I'll likely install it for those particular niche runs.

In general though, I'm super stoked for 1.0. :) Hopefully as time goes on, further performance enhancements will continue to be made. Seeing Eko fighting a max level horde with traps and getting only 17-20+ FPS was a bit of an eye bleeder, especially considering he uses the equivalent of a NASA super computer to many people. Good improvements, but there's a long way to go. :)

4 hours ago, Fisher said:

All I ask for is the option to not have the counter reset when the lockpick breaks. (4 secs for gun safe, 3 for cop car, etc.)

At least point me to the xml file where I can remove this tedious timer.

There's candy you can eat to get guaranteed results with just one. Why not use the in-game solutions?

What time does streamer weekend actually start? The website says "THIS FRIDAY, June 21st at 12 PM CST" but CST isn't observed at the moment, it would be CDT which is an hour difference. 

So for instance is it 7pm CEST or 8pm CEST? 

Or for UK folk, is it 6pm BST or 7pm BST?