Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

28 minutes ago, Laran Mithras said:

Really, just a bit of practice makes water acquisition a non-issue.

Plenty of murkies available as you mission and loot, plus pots are always available from a Roach Coach. You can also buy pots from the trader for 600 dukes. Day 1.

But these are things you grasp the more you play. In any acquisition game, you must have an eye for it. If you're busy being frustrated that you don't have a bucket in game as you would in real life, you're going to die of thirst with water all around you.

All I gotta say is this 

CONSPIRACY 

Screenshot_20240607_123108_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240607_123108_YouTube~2.jpg

40 minutes ago, Laran Mithras said:

Really, just a bit of practice makes water acquisition a non-issue.

Plenty of murkies available as you mission and loot, plus pots are always available from a Roach Coach. You can also buy pots from the trader for 600 dukes. Day 1.

But these are things you grasp the more you play. In any acquisition game, you must have an eye for it. If you're busy being frustrated that you don't have a bucket in game as you would in real life, you're going to die of thirst with water all around you.

Roach Coach? What's that?

I ended up buying one. I did find a few murks but it is the same with drinking out of a ditch. I also like to play like my life depended on it. thirst became my number one thing as it was what was holding me back. 

Anyways, just some ideas. 

Just now, sillls said:

Roach Coach? What's that?

I ended up buying one. I did find a few murks but it is the same with drinking out of a ditch. I also like to play like my life depended on it. thirst became my number one thing as it was what was holding me back. 

Anyways, just some ideas. 

It's a food truck, like a mobile restaurant...

33 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

If the world was plagued by zombies and it looks like Nuclear bombs went off, the last thing I would do is drink rainwater.......   😉

True but it's better than drinking out of a ditch or a toilet. 😁

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

I'll find it soon but on the back it says "fill me up" bruh 

Screenshot_20240612_110831_X.jpg

Maybe it's not a water bottle? He probably just uses it for sports drinks.. or maybe for whatever those soccer mom's are drinking out of the stanley cups they carry everywhere, because I'm starting to think that's not water either.. 🤔

13 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Cooking pots have a random helper now.  They are no longer 100% in the same place all the time within a POI.

yeah lost toilet pistols but gained toilet pots :)

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

..random helper..

More of this for more of everything in the game will be very appreciated for survival.

Of course, in the proper places, we don`t wanna find a cooking pot in a toilet, or do we ? 

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Cooking pots have a random helper now.  They are no longer 100% in the same place all the time within a POI.

Lovely, thank you. :) Does this mean they'll occasionally be replaced by grills, or broken cooking pots?

54 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Does this mean they'll occasionally be replaced by grills, or broken cooking pots?

My guess is it is either a cooking pot or air, but if they want to spice it up there could be a chance of a cooking pot bomb. There aren't placable grill or broken cooking pot blocks unless TFP had added them to the game.

54 minutes ago, zztong said:

My guess is it is either a cooking pot or air, but if they want to spice it up there could be a chance of a cooking pot bomb. There aren't placable grill or broken cooking pot blocks unless TFP had added them to the game.

Outside of the perimeter of some military bases and maybe one house, I don't think any POI's have landmines in them anymore, so that would be a nice breath of fresh air. :)

On 6/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, faatal said:

There is an older bug ticket for it, but it was never a MF as does not happen that often and does not break games. We have much worse things to fix.

For example...floating blocks caused by planting trees??

4 hours ago, beerfly said:

More of this for more of everything in the game will be very appreciated for survival.

Of course, in the proper places, we don`t wanna find a cooking pot in a toilet, or do we ? 

Agreed! Anything to make survival harder helps. 

3 hours ago, zztong said:

Someone proposed a chance at a cooking pot mine chance but that is troll move that would likely frustrate most players.

Edit:  Would be an easy mod to add if someone wanted the extra challenge.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Someone proposed a chance at a cooking pot mine chance but that is troll move that would likely frustrate most players.

Edit:  Would be an easy mod to add if someone wanted the extra challenge.

Despite my previous comment, I do understand why land mines have largely been removed from the game. Instantly dying isn't a fun struggle for many players - it would be no different than a dog horde on day 1.

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Despite my previous comment, I do understand why land mines have largely been removed from the game. Instantly dying isn't a fun struggle for many players - it would be no different than a dog horde on day 1.

That is true for tier 1-3 POIs, but when players are ready to enter tier 4 or 5 POIs they should have the armor to survive a mine explosion

About land mines, there were some military pois where they were put around the fence as protection, which is normal irl. 

I once jumped away on one, when for part of the second, thought I saw a crawler in the bottom corner of my screen, but it was a bunny. Instant kill. Dead is dead mode. A bucking bunny made me jump on a mine.

For moments such as this and not only, this is why I love this game.

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Wait, potty pistols got removed in 1.0?

i dont think anyone knows about 1.0 but they are still in a21...  mind you i have only found 3 or 4 in over 100 days of the current playthrough and they are all lvl 1 pistols... 

This is cool, because I have two save games, and on the one I am exactly like you, but on the other hand, the second save, I have 6 storage chests with useless stuff I find and bring back.

One of them is 2 slots before being full of potty pistols, level one, day 132 though. You have time, mate :)

I know that due to the clothing slots reducing to 4 means that a lot of the clothing bonuses are becoming armour mods, I was wondering if those will include the Collage Jacket (movement speed) and High Performance shoes (stamina regen) will become mods as well?