Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

anyone else think a couple animations in the trailer looked a little janky? the mountain lion looked odd and the knife and shovel swinging felt chunky in an odd way. could just be me though

12 minutes ago, Grimace521 said:

anyone else think a couple animations in the trailer looked a little janky? the mountain lion looked odd and the knife and shovel swinging felt chunky in an odd way. could just be me though

Kinda but I'm uses too it

But this is a little if city's looked like this I would delete my account 

Screenshot_20240503_203948_YouTube.jpg

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Absolutely quoting you to ask who refurbished that blue house at 1:10 into the ultimate castle, because it looks sick as hell and would do numbers as a POI in the game. I know it's not thematic but at least one person (me) yearns for the McCastle...

(and to be fair, people renovating their McMansions into McCastles is absolutely a thing, and would be hilarious to see in game. I'm surprise the POI team hasn't made a full-on McMansion yet, lol)

5 hours ago, Laz Man said:

The lighting for a bunch of the scenes looks extra cinematic (i.e. Big Mama getting slashed in the hospital). Is that what 1.0 is going to look like or were some of those shots enhanced for the video?

46 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Kinda but I'm uses too it

But this is a little if city's looked like this I would delete my account 

Screenshot_20240503_203948_YouTube.jpg

Are you saying that's too many zombies to play against? If so, I disagree. That looks like fun! I think all the cities should look like this. Any area that would've been densely populated pre-apocalypse should be FLOODED with zombies. 

2 hours ago, Grimace521 said:

I think they already made some changes to the mountain lion anims since then.

Knowing what TFP had to go through on the way to version 1.0 over the years, animation and other little things worry me the least. 
7D2D could have died many years ago or remained an unfinished Alpha 10 for the rest of his life.
Great trailer! I'm happy for you and for the game! 👍

Posted (edited)

This trailer !!!!!!!!!

Hat down TFP, you went through a lot.

I just watched again the A8 trailer and holy crap, no more PS2 jokes in the comment section.

Also a huge thanks to @faatal, @Laz Man, @Roland and all the others who keep answering our questions and make this forum alive.

Everytime someone ask me my favorite game, I answer 7 Days to die (I must admit, I also say that it's the most frustrating game concerning developement and communication but whatever... 😉).

If ppl want me to be their gamer buddy, they better have 7 Days in their steam library!

11 hours ago, Doomofman said:

Really good trailer, much better than other videos TFP have recently put out...

But it's pretty misleading in terms of what the game actually looks/plays like (though I suppose that's par for the course for game trailers these days)

It reminds me those fully enhanced screenshots on the steam page lol.

I think it's because there isn't the full UI covering the entire screen on the trailer (obviously).

They really really should work on a more immersive and intuitive UI.

Edited by Teezer (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Grimace521 said:

I agree too

image.thumb.png.5a673d81b496e4136a4954fb41826bca.png

If the lightning isn't the same as here i'm gonna be really upset.

Edited by Teezer (see edit history)

I really like the subtle dust particles.  Adds a little bit of life or presence to quiet moments.

The blood particles effect looks like it will add some valuable feedback to combat which would make that aspect of the game feel better I imagine.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Arez said:

The lighting for a bunch of the scenes looks extra cinematic (i.e. Big Mama getting slashed in the hospital). Is that what 1.0 is going to look like or were some of those shots enhanced for the video?

Are you saying that's too many zombies to play against? If so, I disagree. That looks like fun! I think all the cities should look like this. Any area that would've been densely populated pre-apocalypse should be FLOODED with zombies. 

No I love having that many zombies but I think this is just a trailer thing vs reality 

Also @Laz Man does this mean the trader defenses/buildings are craftable?!?! Dont be playing with my emotions 

Screenshot_20240504_093103_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

No I love having that many zombies but I think this is just a trailer thing vs reality 

Also @Laz Man does this mean the trader defenses are craftable?!?!

Screenshot_20240504_093103_YouTube.jpg

Me waiting for 1.0

Screenshot_20240503_203936_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Doomofman said:

I think the zombie count at times is the most obvious for me, that and the lighting, can't quite but my finger on what it is. Some shots almost look raytraced. It's like the shots they use on the loading screen. The game can't really look like that in a playable state

But as I said, these things are pretty normal for gameplay trailers

I dunno, you might be able to recreate that scene in the trailer if you turn on feral sense and go to a wasteland downtown city. 😎

40 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

I dunno, you might be able to recreate that scene in the trailer if you turn on feral sense and go to a wasteland downtown city. 😎

Trailer lies :(

And you didn't say anything about the deco! 

Ether way i.am excited 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

I really don't think you could

Again, it's fine that things are jazzed up for a 1.0 gameplay trailer, companies do it all the time, but to try and say that's how the game actually looks/plays to people who are already familiar with the how the game looks/runs... C'mon

image.thumb.png.eb78472007076881dd85d72e1ef3a4c3.png

image.png.0d84b0d92ad99404d99af0dc96cd9b0c.png

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Doomofman said:

I really don't think you could

Again, it's fine that things are jazzed up for a 1.0 gameplay trailer, companies do it all the time, but to try and say that's how the game actually looks/plays to people who are already familiar with the how the game looks/runs... C'mon

Yeah, I don't feel like what I saw in the trailer is that much of a stretch. Yeah, you'll need a good PC and a graphics card, but you can get similar scenes even now.

Edited by Professor-Pip (see edit history)

one things for sure congratz on releasing 1.0 its been a long while and man has it been a long time since i been on here to post something but one things for sure the new trailer seems different from the epic old one i hope the fun pimps can consider a CGI trailer one and to say that alot has changed with how the game works and acts i wish the glass jars would have been kept as a thing to either make or use to collect water from rivers streams and ponds would be also nice to have as an item for the dew collector to use as a way to store water and if scraped you get broken glass to repair houses or items that would need it there is def more to it but then again its been a while...

spacer.png

Anyone else catch the brief glimpse of the Duke in the trailer?

Also, is there any news on the chicken and the snake? Have they been removed or are their models considered gold worthy?

Here's hoping we see the return of a greater variety of big game to the pine forest, even if they're made relatively rare. :) The very odd pig or boar here and there, does at day or night, bucks as well... perhaps the very rare late night bear or wolf to cause havoc on an unsuspecting player? ;)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

Also, is there any news on the chicken and the snake? Have they been removed or are their models considered gold worthy?

Not sure about the snake, but the chicken is in the most recent or almost most recent screenshot of the updated animals.  It's partially hidden, but there's two there... one alive and one dead for whatever reason.  :)

4 hours ago, Professor-Pip said:

Yeah, I don't feel like what I saw in the trailer is that much of a stretch. Yeah, you'll need a good PC and a graphics card, but you can get similar scenes even now.

I know they are optimizing the game but I don't think it's that optimized

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Anyone else catch the brief glimpse of the Duke in the trailer?

how did you even catch that. lol. watching frame by frame at 0.25x?