Cop Acid spit destroying blocks in one shot and continuing flight path to player.

Lord Shakaka

Has anyone recently encountered a cop spitting through a brick block, several zombies and hitting you directly with the acid spit?  Since when was this changed?   I had another instance in the same POI (4 Ever Video) where the cop spit destroyed a line of blocks in one of the police station offices just to get to me.  (I was like about four or five blocks in total with one spit and it didn't stop it.)

If this was not the intention, then cop acid spit needs to be looked at. Otherwise, its an overpowered attack that would make me look for a mod to remove anything that spits.

This occured with the latest stable build A21.1 b16.

not supposed to be like that.

Did you pump up block damage in the game options, or anything else that "messes" with the damage numbers?

Also, any mods involved? (are there any installed, no matter that they apparently can't/shouldn't have any influence on this)

Did you start a new game, or use a savegame from a previous build?

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

I had similar/same incident. Something destroyed my electric posts that were behind steel wall.

I tried to replicate this with a demo. Demo blew up but did not destroy the electric post. It damaged the steel wall.

I tried to replicate this with cop spit. The spit did not destroy the electric post either. It damaged the steel wall.

I don't know how to make cop explode.

So... I don't know what happened.

4 hours ago, SenLim said:

I don't know how to make cop explode.

Damage it till you hear a rapid heartbeat coming from it and then let it chase you to where you want it to blow up at. Will probably take a few attempts since the cop zombie will only rush at you for a few seconds before stopping and exploding.

3 hours ago, hiemfire said:

Damage it till you hear a rapid heartbeat coming from it and then let it chase you to where you want it to blow up at. Will probably take a few attempts since the cop zombie will only rush at you for a few seconds before stopping and exploding.

Best part is they will take out other zombies when they explode.

I have noticed that recently, cop spit goes through objects that it once didn't.  I put up tiny bar around openings in my base just to block cop spit but I keep getting reamed with spit when I didn't before.  Yes, I know that if there is an opening, they can go through it or attack through it, but this used to stop cop spit.  Now they just do as they please.

Cops have definitely been tweaked in some strange ways that my spouse and I have been pretty startled by, as well as Youtubers like Jawoodle and GLock 9. Cops are definitely spitting WAY more, they don't need line of sight to you anymore so they just rapid-fire vomit to your location, drilling through blocks on the way. Cops never used to spit at the rest of the base, now they will destroy blocks that aren't concrete in a hell of a hurry. I'm not a fan.

Working as intended.

All your bases will be nerfed.

If you keep defeating our zombies will will make them psychic and made of asbestos.

Next patch - "Guns shoot backwards and hurt you - this is a balancing option to increase challenge"

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

It's getting ridiculous. Radioactive cops have destroyed almost all my electric fences through steel half blocks. This splash effect goes through the half-blocks and damages or destroys what is behind them.

Yeah, I am getting pretty fed up with it too.

Ran into same problem. My beef is, first, it's arbitrary, and second, you can't defend against it.  When cops spit or not in the presence of certain blocks, it's more about knowing that specific arbitrary mechanic than designing a strong base. Second, when cops spit and I can't see them, I can't defend against them as they stand out of sight and destroy my base. 

Yeah, the videos are useful, but it's super frustrating that people needed to do THAT much research into how to counter this and even trying to figure out what had been changed. Cops coming in from the sides drill through parts of my base well before I can even see them.

1 hour ago, Feycat said:

Yeah, the videos are useful, but it's super frustrating that people needed to do THAT much research into how to counter this and even trying to figure out what had been changed. Cops coming in from the sides drill through parts of my base well before I can even see them.

Yeah, this Cop-proof base made my head hurt. I mean what is the point of us having all these shapes to build with if it is only safe to use a few of them. I was riding the fence on the no vomit mod but at this point, with the amount of cheese and inconvenience it takes to properly deal with it, I give up.